• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

ef99abce-ea27-401f-bbde-240907a397c3-thumbnail_Color_edit_toon_Famous_Last_Words_Covid19.jpg

Clearly Trump is going to do everything he can to discredit postal voting. Firstly, it fits with Republican themes about voter fraud and helps their goal to suppress the vote. Secondly, if things don't improve, postal voting might be the only way to hold an election in November.

I think it is probably now safe to call the US an authoritarian state, even if the media has no clue how to report it.
I think that's taking things a bit too far. There are elements there and the development is quite scary. Some of the institutions are failing their tests.

They can still bounce back and there's a lot of good being done in the US. I worry about what another four years of Trump, Moscow Mitch and a republican controlled senate will create.

Just as worrying that the authoritarian streak is continuing to spread and prosper in other countries too, often using a similar blueprint.

I think that's taking things a bit too far. There are elements there and the development is quite scary. Some of the institutions are failing their tests.

They can still bounce back and there's a lot of good being done in the US. I worry about what another four years of Trump, Moscow Mitch and a republican controlled senate will create.

Just as worrying that the authoritarian streak is continuing to spread and prosper in other countries too, often using a similar blueprint.
It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment, but that said they are pretty close at this stage to a full-on mafia state. The much-vaunted checks and balances have not really curbed his behavior that much. The election is more or less their last shot at reining him in.

Here is a horrible prediction - Ivanka will be his running mate (eww) and if elected he'll step down before the end of his term, get a blanket pardon, and hand over the reins to her. First female president.

It was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment, but that said they are pretty close at this stage to a full-on mafia state. The much-vaunted checks and balances have not really curbed his behavior that much. The election is more or less their last shot at reining him in.

Here is a horrible prediction - Ivanka will be his running mate (eww) and if elected he'll step down before the end of his term, get a blanket pardon, and hand over the reins to her. First female president.
Would that mean she could run for two further 4 year terms with Trump as part of her administration?

Back