• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Domenico Berardi

benp

Reto Ziegler
http://hotspurhq.com/2016/01/11/why-tottenham-are-willing-to-pay-26-million-for-berardi/?

The Evening Standard reports that the club have already registered a £26 million bid for the young Sassuolo forward. Should the deal go through, Berardi would be the third most expensive player the club have ever purchased – second if you believe that Valencia never got the full £30 million for Roberto Soldado due to his inability to hit performance minimums.

obligatory youtube:

http://hotspurhq.com/2016/01/11/why-tottenham-are-willing-to-pay-26-million-for-berardi/?

The Evening Standard reports that the club have already registered a £26 million bid for the young Sassuolo forward. Should the deal go through, Berardi would be the third most expensive player the club have ever purchased – second if you believe that Valencia never got the full £30 million for Roberto Soldado due to his inability to hit performance minimums.

obligatory youtube:

Interesting. Though they are only regurgitating a rumour from Gazzetta dello Sport.

Looking online it seems Sassulo play 3 forwards and he mostly plays from the wing, but is used through the middle as well.

Seems to fit the profile of the type of forward we are going for

According to wikipedia-i know its not necessarily true - Juve have first dibs on him.Morel ikely 26mill euros that pounds i would have thought.Still a lot but in the Berehino range.

I really don't think we will break our net spend constraints to take a punt on an inexperienced youngster who has never played outside of their home league? Especially as we need cover for Kane,in a season where every thing is up for grabs, who can hit the ground running in the event of an injury to the big man. I just don't see it as a gamble worth taking.

I would have a party every night for a week if we sign him, and then have a hangover that lasted for a month and yet it would be worth it. The guy has so much talent, a natural goalscorer and I'm just not sure how we will fit him in as a striker. Are we suddenly going to start playing 442? I can't see us spending 26m and not having him as a first team player.

I think that, if the deal is true, we are trying to usurp Juventus's opportunity to buy the player in the summer.

"and they thought I was going to spend 26m in January"

article-2580845-03FFE79F00000514-974_634x406.jpg

Juve have cooled on him, the deal on first dibs came as a result of them negotiating out of the duel ownership, or something like that.

"and they thought I was going to spend 26m in January"

article-2580845-03FFE79F00000514-974_634x406.jpg

Townsend - 10 to 14 million quid (if someone's crazy and desperate enough, of course)

Fazio - 5 to 7.5 million quid.

Anywhere between 15 to 21.5 million right there. Still too little to cover this outre interest in Berardi we're suddenly apparently possessed by, but the money's there if we can manage some sales.

Zaza was Atalanta
Wiki says Zaza was at Atlanta years and years ago and hardly appeared
What I mean is, he played 64 times for Sassuolo in the last couple of years and was good enough to sign for Juve... what are they doing right? Who is their head scout etc.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2008–2010 Atalanta 3 (0)
2010–2013 Sampdoria 2 (0)
2011–2012 → Juve Stabia (loan) 4 (0)
2012 → Viareggio (loan) 18 (11)
2012–2013 → Ascoli (loan) 35 (18)
2013–2015 Sassuolo 64 (20)
2015– Juventus 9 (3

Ohhh sorry wasn't being picky, thought you meant youth systems, my bad.

Sassuolo have done well in recent years, player development seems to be good there, what they seem to have in their favour is a settled 11, Zaza was a mainstay for them and has since done a Bony, joined a big club and isn't playing, Berradi is earmarked for Juve but unless they play him week in week out or Juve play to his strengths, which they wont, he will be wasted there

Back