• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Hang in there mate it will get better, having been where you are now i know it can.

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life grab it and make it work.

thanks mate. I was crying my eyes out in public earlier. Feels embarrassing but the pain going through me is too much that I almost didn’t care. Just hurting so much and can’t get past it

Wish I was dead. Can’t deal with this pain.

Phone someone, please.

The CALM helpline
CALL THE CALM HELPLINE
0800 58 58 58
OPEN 5PM – MIDNIGHT, 365 DAYS A YEAR.
Our helpline is for people in the UK who are down or have hit a wall for any reason, who need to talk or find information and support.
For more info about our helpline service, visit our helpline information page. You can talk with one of our helpline team now.
During busy times there might be a delay in us talking with you, but we will always try our very best to get to you.

WEBCHAT

https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/webchat/
OPEN 5PM – MIDNIGHT, 365 DAYS A YEAR.
Our webchat is for people in the UK who are down or have hit a wall for any reason, who need to talk or find information and support. During busy times there might be a delay in us being able to chat with you, but we will always try our very best to get to you.

For more info about our webchat service, visit our webchat information page

Or Samaritans. Or anyone where you can talk and have someone listen.

If it is, it is.
You are strong enough.
This is your pain. And you will experience the opposite of that.
Nothing embarrassing about crying in public. That is honest.

If you want to reach out, feel free to DM me.

Thank you. The support from you all today has been incredible. I know my words are hard words to read, and I imagine that there was a split audience of people, half thinking stop being so drama, and the other half relating to what I was saying. It’s hard to be in this position, a position in which you feel that there’s no escape and you are trapped in a place that offers no respite.

I know that moving forwards is the only solution and that’s the attitude that I’m trying to adopt.

I’m being more reflective now and just appreciating what can happen going forwards. I don’t know what the next few days will bring but can only hope to keep moving forwards and it’s thanks to the support of friends, and people like yourselves that that is possible.

I called the Samaritans earlier, and they were excellent. They were patient, supportive and showed genuine love and care. I have nothing but admiration for the people who volunteer/work there. Amazing.

Thank you. The support from you all today has been incredible. I know my words are hard words to read, and I imagine that there was a split audience of people, half thinking stop being so drama, and the other half relating to what I was saying. It’s hard to be in this position, a position in which you feel that there’s no escape and you are trapped in a place that offers no respite.

I know that moving forwards is the only solution and that’s the attitude that I’m trying to adopt.

I’m being more reflective now and just appreciating what can happen going forwards. I don’t know what the next few days will bring but can only hope to keep moving forwards and it’s thanks to the support of friends, and people like yourselves that that is possible.

I called the Samaritans earlier, and they were excellent. They were patient, supportive and showed genuine love and care. I have nothing but admiration for the people who volunteer/work there. Amazing.
I can empathize with all you have said there.
I'm not comparing experiences as they are so personal.
But one I want to share - looking back, I am so glad I believed some of the things people told me about getting through to a different place. I couldn't believe it at the time, it seemed alien. But it was worth taking the risk of ignoring that I thought I was right - because I wasn't, others were. It takes a huge amount of strength to fight and believe, that in itself is something to take solace in.
If you haven't yet, read Reasons to stay alive by Matt Haig.
It's not a self help guide or a lecture. It's a biography. It's a friend. It's worth it.

thanks mate. I was crying my eyes out in public earlier. Feels embarrassing but the pain going through me is too much that I almost didn’t care. Just hurting so much and can’t get past it

No shame in crying mate and we all do it at some time. When the darkness filled my head i never thought it would end but it did and i have a way of looking at it. When i hit rock bottom i looked at it as being at the bottom of a ladder and from there there was only one way to go and that was to climb out/up. Not saying that would work for everyone but there is a way out we just have to find one that we can work with.

fudge. Wish I was in earlier, I thought you were going to PM if you were feeling like this.

Your loved, trust me I really know how you feel. I have been the darkest place you can get.

I'm going to PM you.

Always post here when your down pal.

No way mate. All you will get on here is 100% support! Good to hear that you are dealing with it a little better now. I am in the same boat a lot of the time, as are many others on here. We understand what you are going through. The support here is incredible.

@El Guepardo where does your user name come from!?

Likewise, give me a shout anytime. Where are you based? We are all here for you bud. Many of us know how difficult depression is, so hard. But we've also got to know you and your resilience and strength. I hope you are feeling that more today. Keep us updated. I always find this time of year tough. I somehow stop getting out, exercising and I think that is important (for me).

@El Guepardo where does your user name come from!?

Likewise, give me a shout anytime. Where are you based? We are all here for you bud. Many of us know how difficult depression is, so hard. But we've also got to know you and your resilience and strength. I hope you are feeling that more today. Keep us updated. I always find this time of year tough. I somehow stop getting out, exercising and I think that is important (for me).

My username is simply Spanish for cheetah. It’s because I used to be a lot quicker on my feet than I am now.
Exercise is definitely important. I turned to running partly to help my mental strength and I need to be back running soon. It’s a good way to help positive energy and to reduce cortisol in the body, so allowing me to feel more at ease and the accomplishment of having succeeded in something even if just a training run.
Thank you for your support. Hopefully you can get out and exercise more this week. I guess you run too? Do you take part in any events? Sometimes that helps with motivation as it helps to provide some structure for your training.

No way mate. All you will get on here is 400% support! Good to hear that you are dealing with it a little better now. I am in the same boat a lot of the time, as are many others on here. We understand what you are going through. The support here is incredible.

It really is, if ever you need to chat feel free to message me. We can all get through our difficulties as a community. Life is a clam but we have to just keep moving forwards even in the darkest days. Just keep moving forwards and hope that tomorrow is brighter.

My username is simply Spanish for cheetah. It’s because I used to be a lot quicker on my feet than I am now.
Exercise is definitely important. I turned to running partly to help my mental strength and I need to be back running soon. It’s a good way to help positive energy and to reduce cortisol in the body, so allowing me to feel more at ease and the accomplishment of having succeeded in something even if just a training run.
Thank you for your support. Hopefully you can get out and exercise more this week. I guess you run too? Do you take part in any events? Sometimes that helps with motivation as it helps to provide some structure for your training.

It does for me as well, i run and try and get to the gym at least once a week. And on the weeks i can not i usually feel a lot worse.

It does for me as well, i run and try and get to the gym at least once a week. And on the weeks i can not i usually feel a lot worse.

I’ve not been able to get to the gym in two months. I have been running just two or three times. I know that I definitely miss it and feel worse physically and mentally for it. So agree with its importance to healthy life

Sounds good! Trying to get the pronunciation right. Spanish is on my list to learn. Used to jog round Hampstead Heath. Loved that. Now living closer to Tottenham there isn’t such a nice park. just cycle to work - which if I don’t I miss.

Feel like jacking in work at a desk and exploring somewhere. Anyone done things like cycle across Cuba or horse riding in Mongolia? [emoji23]

Have you got a specific running route Mr Cheetah?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back