• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone care about the Euros?

Badbrains

Andy Turner
I've never felt as disinterested in an international competition.

All I care about it how it will effect Spurs. What will happen to our manager etc.

If Harry leaves I am of course curious as to how well he will do with England.

Other than that, couldn't give a monkeys.

Any strong feelings one way or the other?

I can't wait for the tournament, regardless of how well England do.

Euro 2008 was one of the best football tournaments I've seen in recent years.

No interest in it at all. Complete waste of space. BUT... it's a distraction from the usual ITK gonad*s that we'd normally have to put up with.

I've always loved the euros and wc's. Almost never miss a game so i'm really looking forward to it.

Yes. I'm Norwegian and Norway aren't in it, but I don't care we would have sucked anyway so I don't mind.

The alternative is not watching any even half way decent football from May until August. That makes me sad, the Norwegian league has already started and it's outstandingly bad. It's like watching a different sport compared to the PL/CL etc.

Will be a couple of very exciting teams, some very exciting young players and almost guaranteed to be at least some good games in there and some great drama. Will be cheering for any team with Spurs players, I find Spain very easy on the eye and Germany have the potential to provide great entertainment.

This will be the last good Euros before they ruin the format. Some absolutely cracking games in groups B and C.
If you're a fan of football I don't know how you can not be excited about it tbh.
And England should provide some laughs as usual as a comedy sideshow.

Absolutely yes.

I love Spurs as much as any of you, but I would rather see England win the World Cup/Euros than anything Spurs can do. I despise most of the England team, but international tournaments are the one thing that can unite the country. I have fond memories of what a good mood the whole country seemed to be in when we started playing well during Euro 96, or when we beat Germany at Euro 2000, or beat Argentina in 2002. Unfortunately we've been crap in the last few tournaments. Sure, we've reached the knock-out stages, a couple of times, but we've played diabolical football and not beaten anybody of note.

Actually looking forward to a summer tournament for the first time in ages, even after the South Africa world cup being fudging dire. Not much interest in England personally, I've got more interest in watching the likes of Ireland, Croatia and Germany.

The close season without a tournament is brick. So yes,looking forward to it. We'll win it....in Harry we trust :lol:

Yes being Irish its ten years since we've been in a tournament can't wait heading out for Croatia game no where to stay as of yet so expect I'll sleep in a campsite or something. Promised the mrs that in the absolutely unlikely scenario of getting to quarters I dont intend to go even though I've already got tickets for the quarters for the team who finished second in Ireland's group;) but other than that yeah really looking forward to seeing the young talent coming through erikssen on international stage should be good goetze hummels muller for Germany and No doubt France got some youngsters coming through

Yes being Irish its ten years since we've been in a tournament can't wait heading out for Croatia game no where to stay as of yet so expect I'll sleep in a campsite or something. Promised the mrs that in the absolutely unlikely scenario of getting to quarters I dont intend to go even though I've already got tickets for the quarters for the team who finished second in Ireland's group;) but other than that yeah really looking forward to seeing the young talent coming through erikssen on international stage should be good goetze hummels muller for Germany and No doubt France got some youngsters coming through

Good luck to you! :)

Was in Ireland when that Henry incident happened. Was fudging fuming, then France went on to make complete tits out of themselves at the World Cup as well while Ireland would have at least had some fun and brought some atmosphere to South Africa.

Was in the stade de France that night felt sick for days wasn't expecting much tbh but got that far then snatched from us tbh the thing that upset me and most Irish fans wasn't so much the Henry incident but the fact Uefa decided to seed the playoffs after the 8 teams for them were decided almost telling the officials what teams they wanted to reach the finals but can't moan seeded playoffs benefitted this time round as we drew Estonia the weakest team in the playoffs. Anyway can't wait and you can guarantee we'll bring a good atmosphere to the tournament just a shame the hotels are trying to rip people off

Yes. I'm Norwegian and Norway aren't in it, but I don't care we would have sucked anyway so I don't mind.

The alternative is not watching any even half way decent football from May until August. That makes me sad, the
Norwegian league has already started and it's outstandingly bad. It's like watching a different sport compared to the PL/CL etc.

Will be a couple of very exciting teams, some very exciting young players and almost guaranteed to be at least some good games in there and some great drama. Will be cheering for any team with Spurs players, I find Spain very easy on the eye and Germany have the potential to provide great entertainment.

Thats an understatement.
Like I said above i've always been excited for the international tournaments. Born in 83 so first memory is from 88. Highlight for me as norwegian was when we beat Brazil in 98. I agree with you braineclipse, Germany have a very interesting squad full of talent. Spain is a great watch. Italy have a new set of players, maybe lacking a bit upfront after Rossi's injury and Cassano being sick.

So excited to watch Ireland. Ireland are a bit brick but try very very hard so it will be the complete opposite of watching Spurs! Refreshing if you will.

Back