• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do You Sleep Well?

ArcspacE

Banned
Last few years, I often wake up feeling rather tired eventhough my weekly average is around 8 hours/night.

Most nights these days, I have intense dreams (hardly ever nightmares but elaborate stories, much like suspense movies, etc.) and that in a way 'tires' me out, waking up feeling exchausted as if my brain was trying to solve the dream's mystery all night.

Does anyone else suffer from similar occurences - I simply struggle to relax and have a dream-free night (once/twice a week if I'm lucky). If I drink, makes it worse - can't sleep at all - wake up after 3-4 hours and stay up till the morning, feeling extra brick for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Last few years, I often wake up feeling rather tired eventhough my weekly average is around 8 hours/night.

Most nights these days, I have intense dreams (hardly ever nightmares but elaborate stories, much like suspense movies, etc.) and that in a way 'tires' me out, waking up feeling exchausted as if my brain was trying to solve the dream's mystery all night.

Does anyone else suffer from similar occurences - I simply struggle to relax and have a dream-free night (once/twice a week if I'm lucky). If I drink, make it worse - can't sleep at all - wake up after 3-4 hours and stay up till the morning, feeling extra brick for the rest of the day.

My wife is a very restless sleeper ad wakes me up. I sleep in the other room now.

My wife is a very restless sleeper ad wakes me up. I sleep in the other room now.

I read somewhere recently number of couples these days sleep in separate rooms in order to improve their sleep quality and only meet up occasionally for some jubba-jubba.

I am tired all the time when I have work to go to. It doesn't get in the way of having a life after work but I wake up tired even after a decent amount of sleep. Weekends as well.

When there is a holiday coming up, suddenly I have tonnes of energy. I spent a weekend in Kuala Lumpur and another in Bangkok, rushing around, walking miles each day, the flights and transfers, everything, and got by on just a few hours of sleep.

Almost as if my brain likes holidays and doesn't like work :eek:

I sleep like brick. I do all my thinkin as soon as head hits pillows... fudgein annoying.

Its always the stuff you try to forget and its sometimes work like 'what do I need to do the following day' type thoughts

I can't sleep next to my girlfriend. Well any girl really. If I share a bed I just can't fall asleep.

Strange as growing up I used to share a room with my brother. I thought I would be used to someone else being there.

When I buy a place with my girl I have to make sure I have another room to sleep in.

I can't sleep next to my girlfriend. Well any girl really. If I share a bed I just can't fall asleep.

Strange as growing up I used to share a room with my brother. I thought I would be used to someone else being there.

When I buy a place with my girl I have to make sure I have another room to sleep in.

I'm with you man. If there is no spare bed I put a pillow between her n I. I like my own bed.

I tend to get a steady 8 hours most nights. The older i get though the less sleep i need. back in my 20's i'd rarely be up before Football Focus on a Saturday at 12.10pm.

Get a King Size mattress and a smaller Mrs then there'll be plenty of room for both of you.

I tend to sleep alright, only time I have trouble is when there's a lot going on in my head. I don't mind sleeping next to a girl, its normally them who have the problem as I make some wretched noises in my sleep, an ex recorded me once, sounded like an exorcism.

I very rarely get more than 6 hours even at the weekend

I'm invariably thinking about the stock market (which opens at 8am), so I get up for a bit of day trading before work

I use to have this. If there was a girl round I literally would not sleep at all and would be lying there thinking for like 8 fudging hours. Luckily I'm very much sleep compatible with my current.

To the OP, I only tend to sleep well if I'm busy, if I'm working a lot, in uni a lot, exercising a lot, eating well and getting up at regular times I'll sleep well but otherwise I do generally wake up groggy and it takes me quite a while to get in to the swing of things...

I'm quite a heavy sleeper - not many things wake me up in the night (might be because I'm 22). At the moment I'm trying to get around 8 hours a night, and wake up fairly early in the morning to help my studies and increase recovery from the gym, football etc.

Arc have you tried exercising late in the evening? Either that or avoiding electronic equipment an hour before bed could help - read a book or something.

I'm also brick at sleeping if I've got a lass in my bed (or I'm in hers). I like having my own bed to sprawl out on and pass out to. But hey, guess you've gotta sacrifice something if you want some action

Arc have you tried exercising late in the evening? Either that or avoiding electronic equipment an hour before bed could help - read a book or something.

Actually, I've been told the exact opposite - avoid heavy exercise 1 hour before bedtime and try to relax instead. Could be flimflam for all I know. Works well with sex though.

Classic example last night - was lying on the couch watching CL - practically falling asleep (starts an hour later here). Around 11h00 gave up and went upstairs thinking I would fall asleep instantly. 30 mins later I'm still lying awake (should have fallen asleep on the couch in retrospect) and ended up having intense dreams about bank heists, etc. Often, I even scream/make sounds/talk which freaks the missus out.

Last edited:
Actually, I've been told the exact opposite - avoid heavy exercise 1 hour before bedtime and try to relax instead. Could be flimflam for all I know. Works well with sx though.

Classic example last night - was lying on the couch watching CL - practically falling asleep (starts and hour later here). Around 11h00 gave up and went upstairs thinking I would fall asleep instantly. 30 mins later I'm still lying awake (should have fallen asleep on the couch in retrospect) and ended up heaving intense dreams about bank heists, etc. Often I even scream/make sounds/talk which freaks the missus out.
Sorry I should have been more clear - exercise in the evening a few hours before bed. Usually when I come back from the gym at about 7PM I'm mentally tired as well as physically because my CNS has taken a beating - it needs to be rested. Have some food after that, watch chill out with some TV etc and I'm fairly set. It might work for you to go for a jog or something after dinner?

Falling asleep on the sofa won't make you sleep well, surely? I always wake up halfway through.

I usually exercise beteween 5:30 and 7:00 - supper not later than 8 and then I'm set for some TV / gaming / time with the wife / talking brick, etc. I try not to eat anything past 8pm except for rare occasions of popcorn, etc.

Problem is - even if I feel dead tired - falling asleep can be a problem. However - on rare occasions when she's away and the entire bed is mine - I sleep much, much better.

I am tired all the time when I have work to go to. It doesn't get in the way of having a life after work but I wake up tired even after a decent amount of sleep. Weekends as well.

When there is a holiday coming up, suddenly I have tonnes of energy. I spent a weekend in Kuala Lumpur and another in Bangkok, rushing around, walking miles each day, the flights and transfers, everything, and got by on just a few hours of sleep.

Almost as if my brain likes holidays and doesn't like work :eek:

Lol....snap! :)

I'm just not a morning person......if I could work 11-8 every day that would be perfect for me.

And of course, kids don't help!

Lol.....snap!!

I shared a bedroom with my brother for 9 years! I'm fine, it's the wife....she tosses and turns and gets up for a tinkle and water and cuddles me so I get hot....basically she's a pain in the ass!!!

Back