• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Divock Origi

Difficult to know for sure, doesn't look very likely that we were to me.

They have a lot of money this summer, we don't. I think they're in a better position to spend £10m on a player to send him out on loan than we are and we have a young promising striker in the same age bracket in Kane so if we are going to blow a significant chunk of money on a player "for the future" it might be in a different position.
absolutely, i wouldnt want this lad to get in the way of Kanes development......im so happy Kane had a chance last season to show a bit of what he can do and i want it to continue. Its the one good thing Sherwood did, giving Bentaleb and Kane their first team chances. =D>

To be honest we do not even know if we are seriously interested in him.

Finishing second I would have expected a player of a high calibre but I guess maybe we are either not big enough or not rich enough to attract better

I think the market is unknown, is the 60-200M range really the new price model? or has a combination of one offs just created a blip?

We could buy a 60M player, but we'd need to be sure that player would retain their worth, and we could/would likely get outbid by someone who is willing to spend 80 or 90.

Wimmer for 15 and Serge for 25 (if reports are to believed) does say it isn't all completely mad and the clubs that are paying anything to get their player will likely recoup very little of that (something they may be able to afford to do).

Re Origi, Pool is a strikers graveyard, in-between the Owen/Torres/Suarez timeframe to now, so many strikers have gone there to watch their career die.

I remember watching Belgium a year ago... rather than play Benteke or Lukaku or Batshuayi... they played Origi

Surprised me... I don't rate him, but... is he as good or better than those guys? He comes across as a very nice, very average striker.

I guess Toby and Vertical would have the low-down on this punk.

He, or someone like him, would be a useful addition for us because he'd give us the option of pace upfront.

Remember watching him in the 2014 WC, thinking he looked quite good/promising. Then Pool got him, and I was disappointed.

Now? Not so sure this is the man for us.

Remember watching him in the 2014 WC, thinking he looked quite good/promising. Then Pool got him, and I was disappointed.

My sentiments exactly. Looking at stats though:
- last season, 7 goals in 14 PL starts (20 sub appearances)
- year before: 5 goals in 7 starts (plus 9 as sub)

I can't say that I've watched him much since the 2014 world cup, however those stats aren't too shabby for a bit-part player

source: http://www.espnfc.us/player/182033/divock-origi?season=2016

My sentiments exactly. Looking at stats though:
- last season, 7 goals in 14 PL starts (20 sub appearances)
- year before: 5 goals in 7 starts (plus 9 as sub)

I can't say that I've watched him much since the 2014 world cup, however those stats aren't too shabby for a bit-part player

source: http://www.espnfc.us/player/182033/divock-origi?season=2016

He reminds me of a cross between wanchope and Heskey.
But he seems to know where the goal is - not a bad quality for a striker

Same here, i thought he looked promising and a good player before he went to Pool. Mind you he would not be the first striker who has failed to shine there.

Always reminds me of Welbeck in the little Ive seen of him. Does quality things occasionally that makes you wonder why he is so average all the rest of the time.

Back