• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Interesting, cheers Bedford and others. Haven't had the chance to see him play myself :)

Definitely looks more athletic than Sigurdsson to me from the highlights videos at least (as per the comparison above).

Europa League is looking very likely. That's 6 games + qualifiers for the first half of the season, add in 1 or 2 League Cup games and a handful of PL games and all of a sudden a player like Alli could be getting 10+ games for us in the first half season whilst being a squad player in the league.

Will probably be given assessed in games and training during pre-season and then a decision will be made on a loan deal?

That's a fair amount of Games for a young lad and would be great experience and exposure whilst being a pretty good development for him

That's a fair amount of Games for a young lad and would be great experience and exposure whilst being a pretty good development for him

And if he pushes on there's always league games to be dominated ;)

Hope we keep him around, not because I know it's the right decision (I have no clue), but rather because that would indicate that he's further along in his development at this early stage. :)

What I will say is that physically he looks further along at that age than most of our young players that have broken through or are currently close to breaking through at a similar age. No surprise that players like Mason, Pritchard, Carroll etc have needed some time to mature physically. Even Kane just looks so much stronger now than he did 18 months ago. Physically Alli reminds me a bit of Bentaleb in that he looks more ready for top level football even as a teenager.

Edit: If he goes out on loan or not probably also depends on what else we do in the transfer market in the summer. If we manage to grab a top class target or two a loan deal might make more sense.

Didn't Pritchard go straight out on loan before being looked at? Could the same happen with Alli?

That's exactly my point. His goal returned reflects clear natural instant and ability above the standard he is playing but he is currently a box to box type and reminds me of Viera

Yeah Viera is a good comparison and if he is as good as he looks he could quite easily replace Mason in the midfield 2 next to Bentaleb.

Didn't Pritchard go straight out on loan before being looked at? Could the same happen with Alli?

I suspect Alli, Pritchard, Carroll and a few other will be heavily involved in preseason, and from there Poch will make a call.

For what it's worth, I saw the US tour preseason games live, and Mason was easily the best of our younger players, and we see what Poch has done with him.

I suspect Alli, Pritchard, Carroll and a few other will be heavily involved in preseason, and from there Poch will make a call.

For what it's worth, I saw the US tour preseason games live, and Mason was easily the best of our younger players, and we see what Poch has done with him.

And he was playing with Crapoue for most of them

And he was playing with Crapoue for most of them

Honestly don't remember Capoue from that tour at all (maybe he is just forgettable?) what I remember was

- Lennon/Townsend playing through the middle to through ball passes (looked quite effective, especially Lennon)
- Holtby/Mason playing in the middle and dropping behind the fullback to provide protection when the FB was way forward
- Mason and Veljkovic as the best of the youngsters

Disappointed that neither the Lennon/Townsend through the middle, nor the midfield cover for FBs has been seen to any extent in real/league play.

It could. I'm sure we have a decent idea of what level Alli is on currently.

It could just that it was more obvious that Pritch needed another loan deal as physically he's quite a bit smaller.

It is strange how people refer to him as Dele Alli instead of just Alli.

I actually looked at his wiki to check his surname was just Alli and not Dele Alli as people nearly always call him both.

Maybe they are thinking of the Delle Alpi stadium (of the Alps)

Fact 1 his name is Bamidele Jermaine Alli
Fact 2 he is allegedly 6'2'' so I guess he is at least 6' in real money

Honestly don't remember Capoue from that tour at all (maybe he is just forgettable?) what I remember was

- Lennon/Townsend playing through the middle to through ball passes (looked quite effective, especially Lennon)
- Holtby/Mason playing in the middle and dropping behind the fullback to provide protection when the FB was way forward
- Mason and Veljkovic as the best of the youngsters

Disappointed that neither the Lennon/Townsend through the middle, nor the midfield cover for FBs has been seen to any extent in real/league play.

I remember Lamela looking a beast in pre-season and I thought, here we go...Damn

I wouldn't say lamela looked a beast in pre season. Better as the tempo was slower and had more space.

Mason dominated pre season and massively showed up the experienced pro's

Hopefully mk dons get promoted so we can extend his loan there and he gets to play regularly in the top level.

Pritchard, Mason, Bentaleb, Carroll...its raining young centremids !

MK promoted, congrats to Dele!

Now I guess we have to decide whether it's best to leave him with MK next season or bring him straight through. Given he's on a youth loan, technically he could appear for us in our final three games but I imagine that's a bit of a long shot.

I want him in and around our squad next season. He's good enough to play apart. I'd almost be disappointed if he was sent on loan again. Same if Brentford got promoted and we send Pritch on loan there again.

MK promoted, congrats to Dele!

Now I guess we have to decide whether it's best to leave him with MK next season or bring him straight through. Given he's on a youth loan, technically he could appear for us in our final three games but I imagine that's a bit of a long shot.

Forgot about that. Give him a place on the bench v Hull, maybe a 10/15min cameo if the game is won

Forgot about that. Give him a place on the bench v Hull, maybe a 10/15min cameo if the game is won

Or if the game isn't won...

Looking at our bench again today... the options available to Pochettino... I would rather have Alli come on than the subs we had available today.

Which position does he play? I don't think I have ever seen him play (possibly against Man Utd in the League Cup this season, but then I wasn't aware of him).

Is he an option for the Mason/Bentaleb positions, or more of a number 10? Can he even play as an inverted winger?

Back