• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Over the course of the season?..... Probably. But not towards the end of the season when the trophies are decided and we have a bunch of knackered players due to having such a small squad, whereas the clubs investing the money have deeper and fresher squads.

Remember when Chelsea bought on Hazard and Costa in that FA Cup semi final? We've never had that luxury.

I agree to a point but we never looked like winners in any big semi or final. We lost the 2018 FA cup semi final against a fairly average United side and didn’t turn up. We also dropped points on numerous occasions when we a win would have taken us top of the league. A prime example being when we drew at home to Arsenal against 10 men when we had a 2-1 lead time. We could have lost the game at the end with Ramsey clear through only for Wimmer to make a game saving tackle. There must be a reason Poch loses the majority of those big games besides money?

Except in the empirical, objective sense where he did.

Unless, of course, you're using Redknapp's accountant and 72 actually is a smaller number than 69.
The only number that matters is the final position in the league table so 4th vs 5th.

Or do you think that West Ham getting relegated with 42 points counted as a better season than Burnley’s 2018/19 season when they finished 15th with 40 points?

The only number that matters is the final position in the league table so 4th vs 5th.

Or do you think that West Ham getting relegated with 42 points counted as a better season than Burnley’s 2018/19 season when they finished 15th with 40 points?
We have yet to develop a way to control the number of points other teams get.

Within what he (or anyone else at our club) could control, AVB was measurably better.

You can argue that and perhaps be justified, but his failure to make at least one of them count has to be something more than some bizarre theory that funding gives you a side good enough to get to a SF or Final but not win it.

I think the interesting revision for me is we all were worried about the mess Harry would leave the club in, and the mess Jose will eventually leave the club in, right now (in this moment) it looks like Poch has left the club in a worse state than any manager in a long time, a mentally and physically broken side completely shot of self confidence.

It is not a "bizarre theory about funding" it is a sound theory that he was rarely given what he asked for.

As for the Redknapp point, for your theory to hold water from my perspective, you'd need to ignore the central argument that for two years Pochettino was asking for certain things to be done and changes to be made.

It is not a "bizarre theory about funding" it is a sound theory that he was rarely given what he asked for.

As for the Redknapp point, for your theory to hold water from my perspective, you'd need to ignore the central argument that for two years Pochettino was asking for certain things to be done and changes to be made.
Who didn’t he get that he asked for ?

Dybala? That was an odd moment where it was possible but made stupidly difficult the players “parties” and Juve
Mane... we couldn’t afford his wages
Grealish. Should have got that done
Who else?

Who didn’t he get that he asked for ?

Dybala? That was an odd moment where it was possible but made stupidly difficult the players “parties” and Juve
Mane... we couldn’t afford his wages
Grealish. Should have got that done
Who else?

Winaldjum
DeLigt
spring to mind.

It's OK though mate. I know you'll find a way to doubt it. Doesn't matter really anymore. We are where we are.

Winaldjum
DeLigt
spring to mind.

It's OK though mate. I know you'll find a way to doubt it. Doesn't matter really anymore. We are where we are.

Wilnaldum we were linked with for sure but I don’t know how serious that was and we did buy his midfield partner. Shame as he has been Liverpool’s best player IMO for some time

The De Ligt things is like the De Jong thing to me... paper talk.
But Poch signed over 25 players didn’t he ?

You forget we talked to Maguire too but he took the easier option at Leicester

Wilnaldum we were linked with for sure but I don’t know how serious that was and we did buy his midfield partner. Shame as he has been Liverpool’s best player IMO for some time

The De Ligt things is like the De Jong thing to me... paper talk.
But Poch signed over 25 players didn’t he ?

No he didn't.
The transfer committee did, didn't they?
The DeJong thing I agree thus why I didn't mention it. DeLigt? Not paper talk.

My biggest issue with Poch was his refusal to sign a veteran or two to get us over the line. I often wonder whether an Alves figure would've been the difference. Closest we had was Nando and when he needed to, he largely did it (so vital against Ajax).

No he didn't.
The transfer committee did, didn't they?
The DeJong thing I agree thus why I didn't mention it. DeLigt? Not paper talk.

My biggest issue with Poch was his refusal to sign a veteran or two to get us over the line. I often wonder whether an Alves figure would've been the difference. Closest we had was Nando and when he needed to, he largely did it (so vital against Ajax).
Ans city away although he was actually an awful player he was effective

I’m a bit closer to this than most I’ll admit but I feel like the stick used to beat AVB with is the olive branch we should extend to Poch...

We have yet to develop a way to control the number of points other teams get.

Within what he (or anyone else at our club) could control, AVB was measurably better.

Na, that's a load of nonsense. League position is what matters. Harry's team went up to City and won a crunch game when it mattered. The scoreline was tight but we were much the better side on the night. Then he put out a weakened team away to Burnley in a game that didn't matter that could have equalled AVB's points total.

AVB's team f**ked away a lead over The Scum if I recall correctly.

Harry did better. Carragher brought this sort of stuff up with Keane a few weeks ago (in terms of this Liverpool team versus the treble winning United side) and Keane laughed him out of court. I'm not a Roy Keane fan but he was right. F**k points total - it's actual achievement that matters.

Na, that's a load of nonsense. League position is what matters. Harry's team went up to City and won a crunch game when it mattered. The scoreline was tight but we were much the better side on the night. Then he put out a weakened team away to Burnley in a game that didn't matter that could have equalled AVB's points total.

AVB's team f**ked away a lead over The Scum if I recall correctly.

Harry did better. Carragher bought this sort of stuff up with Keane a few weeks ago (in terms of this Liverpool team versus the treble winning United side) and Keane laughed him out of court. I'm not a Roy Keane fan but he was right. F**k points total - it's actual achievement that matters.
So if we went a whole season without winning but somehow everyone else got docked points we'd have performed better?

Back