• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I can not agree with that ( all about opinions though), imo he had all the ability but for whatever reason he was never consistent with it. Desire may have been lacking( or that is how it looked to me).
For me, Jenas was a very reactive player. His actions were decided by what went on around him and he never dictated the pattern of a game. I could be misremembering that though.

Says it all that the FA care more about a stupid post on snapchat that the brick show of VAR (I.e the actual rules of football)

Basically they just don’t want to upset any advertising £££s

Says it all that the FA care more about a stupid post on snapchat that the brick show of VAR (I.e the actual rules of football)

Basically they just don’t want to upset any advertising £££s

They will never admit that VAR has been/is my favourite buttplug, after all they have spent millions trying to convince people its a good thing. They will never admit they got it badly wrong.

A one game ban.

skynews-bernardo-silva-benjamin-mendy_4792971.jpg
Would he have got the same for posting a picture of Trump and an orangutan? I very much doubt it, though that would be equally (non) racist.

Simply awful yet again
When Jose came in I really thought he had turned a corner but nope, the last 3 or 4 games he has been abysmal and simply isn't worthy of his space
Big decision about whether to keep him or not needs to be had in the summer

Simply awful yet again
When Jose came in I really thought he had turned a corner but nope, the last 3 or 4 games he has been abysmal and simply isn't worthy of his space
Big decision about whether to keep him or not needs to be had in the summer
In his defence he was meant to be playing at 9
I would have taken skipp off yesterday and moved Lo Celso into his role and moved Dele back...

Give a player a whacking big contract because he does well in a couple of years of playing and the incentive goes out of the window and performances become lethargic,i think this is going to be a trend with young players nowadays...has he same agent as Jessie Lingard,i don't take notice now of youngsters who come on the scene and be told their the new Messi etc....in a few years time they disappear and another new star takes their place...

i wish to know what he gets up in his spare time,how much time his new clothes range(fecking hell!!)he the spends on,does he spend endless hours playing xbox and all that brick...

He was shocking yesterday, but didn't look like he had been directed/coached how to play the role, that or his positional sense is just not up to scratch

He was shocking yesterday, but didn't look like he had been directed/coached how to play the role, that or his positional sense is just not up to scratch

I don't see any of our attackers making sensible runs when we break, it's almost as if they've never played together.
If they aren't all bumping into each in the middle they run out to the sidelines, or worst of all they mark defenders.
It's infuriating how often we break and there's no option for a pass.

I don't see any of our attackers making sensible runs when we break, it's almost as if they've never played together.
If they aren't all bumping into each in the middle they run out to the sidelines, or worst of all they mark defenders.
It's infuriating how often we break and there's no option for a pass.
Lo Celso has so many times he looked up and had to turn backwards

I almost think you can't really blame the players we are putting on the pitch. None of them are strikers none of have gone through their development in that role and more importantly none of them have the natural attributes that fit the role.

Anyone can play any position but if their natural attributes don't suit the role being asked of them they will never look truly comfortable in that role.

We have no strikers, no players who only want to score goals. No players with the nose for where the ball might drop in the box, no player making those runs that strikers make either to get on the end of a chance or distracting the defense.

I have my various criticisms of Dele, Moura, Lamela etc etc but them not having the game of a striker is not one of them.

Notice since Son's injury we rarely even shoot at goal unless a few yards from the goal. No one really has that greed and single minded desire for goals to try and take things on in the way a Kane or Son would.

The rest of the season will be a struggle for that reason alone.

Give a player a whacking big contract because he does well in a couple of years of playing and the incentive goes out of the window and performances become lethargic,i think this is going to be a trend with young players nowadays...has he same agent as Jessie Lingard,i don't take notice now of youngsters who come on the scene and be told their the new Messi etc....in a few years time they disappear and another new star takes their place...

i wish to know what he gets up in his spare time,how much time his new clothes range(fecking hell!!)he the spends on,does he spend endless hours playing xbox and all that brick...
I have no problems with Dele's application. He isn't lazy on the football pitch (like Ndombele for example). At the moment Dele is having to play as a number 9 (and he just isn't a number 9).

Re: his clothes range, xbox etc. I would far rather he is spending the considerable amount of free time that footballers get doing this sort of thing as opposed to drinking and gambling for example.

I almost think you can't really blame the players we are putting on the pitch. None of them are strikers none of have gone through their development in that role and more importantly none of them have the natural attributes that fit the role.

Anyone can play any position but if their natural attributes don't suit the role being asked of them they will never look truly comfortable in that role.

We have no strikers, no players who only want to score goals. No players with the nose for where the ball might drop in the box, no player making those runs that strikers make either to get on the end of a chance or distracting the defense.

I have my various criticisms of Dele, Moura, Lamela etc etc but them not having the game of a striker is not one of them.

Notice since Son's injury we rarely even shoot at goal unless a few yards from the goal. No one really has that greed and single minded desire for goals to try and take things on in the way a Kane or Son would.

The rest of the season will be a struggle for that reason alone.
This. And that is why it was so absolutely ridiculous for us not to bring in a number 9 in January. Even a very average number 9 would allow the rest of the team to play their natural game and allow us to attack in a normal way. All of the arguments about nobody being available. If we had offered Watford £6 million to take Success on loan or a Success/Rose loan swap with us shoving a couple of million their way then I'm sure they would've accepted (and that's just an example of the top of my head).

Predictable, tired, cliche Dele rants here. Bloke made several great runs despite not playing a position which is his, ignored each time (one egregiously by Lucas). I again speculate that there is little work being done by the manager on attacking shape or tactics.

Predictable, tired, cliche Dele rants here. Bloke made several great runs despite not playing a position which is his, ignored each time (one egregiously by Lucas). I again speculate that there is little work being done by the manager on attacking shape or tactics.

How do you account for his loss of form the previous 18 months? To be fair he has been played out of position but he hasn’t kicked on whether that’s his fault or ours I really don’t know.

This. And that is why it was so absolutely ridiculous for us not to bring in a number 9 in January. Even a very average number 9 would allow the rest of the team to play their natural game and allow us to attack in a normal way. All of the arguments about nobody being available. If we had offered Watford £6 million to take Success on loan or a Success/Rose loan swap with us shoving a couple of million their way then I'm sure they would've accepted (and that's just an example of the top of my head).
I agree I'm of the opinion any striker would have done. Even a crap one who just had his body in the right place (Llorente) would be better than what we have.

I think it was a mixture of arrogance, shortsightedness and incompetence that left us without a striker despite knowing that both options were likely out for the rest of the season.

Back