• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

For people like me and you (I'm assuming you're not a top athlete, sorry :D) that's great advice. That's how I try to balance my diet, and that's what I think every ordinary Joe should do. We can manage that by ourselves more than well enough.

For top athletes, however, margins are so much smaller. They're already super fit - if they wanna improve and get better, in any way, it's very limited what they can achieve on their own, without professional help. That's where a professional nutritionist/chef will be beneficial, to help them perfectly balance their diets and increase their performance levels by those tiny percentages.

I agree that there are some weird theories and extreme dietary advice that's most likely just flimflam, but that's not what I'm talking about.
Nah, they just need more calories, adjusted to their level of activity. There is some benefit in controlling what to eat at what time (before training and after training), but you don't need to hire someone to do that. All the info is easily available. Or they could get Danny Rose to Google it for them.

Last edited:
Nutrition can give you that extra percentage to help you. You dont need to be an athlete either.

I got sick 2 years ago. Since then I have been obsessive about what I eat. The is the odd cheat day when I have a little drink or something like custard. But on the whole I am good.

Sugar offers absolutely nothing good to the human body. Dairy offers nothing that you can't get from natural products without the bad side effects.

I am doing better then expected and I put it down in part to my diet.

Even people in every day jobs could be giving themselves little edges.

I actually heard a rumour that dele's biggest problem was staying up all night playing computer games and not getting enough sleep.

I think it can work a little like a personal trainer, it’s not like the exercises are not easy to find but in terms of mixing things up and feeling like you need to deliver on what someone else is asking you to do can be advantageous as relying on willpower and google alone.

Dairy offers nothing that you can't get from natural products without the bad side effects.
Nonsense, how about iodine?
For 99.9% of the population dairy is wholly beneficial, and has no side effects whatsoever.

It offers nothing you cant get from other sources. Without the downsides.

Cancer loves dairy.

Why do they all still have organic bodies anyway, get that brick changed out for AI controlled endoskeletons.

Do you want to play golf or do you want to fudge around.

Here's hoping that Dele will come back fit and firing after the international break. Whether it's been spent on a lemon infused yoga / nutrition break in Peru or on his arse playing fortnite, whatever it takes for him to regain his top form..

Could really do with him at his best, especially if Eriksen's current form continues. The partnership with Kane, alongside runners / dribblers like Son and Moura, Erik, maybe Sess should be the focal point for our attack. I Hope that's the plan, but with an N'dombele or Lo Celso breaking the lines. Dele is obviously a different kind of player to our enigmatic Danishman but now's the time to stake a claim and grab the shirt by showing he is good enough to build the system around.

Obviously the first step will just be getting on the pitch but hopefully will then see some things going his way, to find a bit of momentum.

We need more of this in our lives:

giphy.gif

Absolutely.

I think Alli has the potential to be one of the best in the world. And not just as an AM, but as a well rounded player.

fudge Eriksen. Get Alli in there, get the team structured and settled, and lets see what he can do.

We already know he can fill in in midfield, and we already know he and Kane have a great partnership - seems a no brainer...

For a variety of reasons, Dele is at a critical juncture of his young career. He is taking very positive steps, but right now it is well, well worth trusting the manager (I know, what a concept eh?!) as he will know the full extent of the lad's world and will protect/nurture/develop him as is necessary right now to ensure he does develop into the world class player I know he can/will be. I would rather we were patient for the next few months than throw him in at the deep end and risk compromising him. He is worth it, and is (for me) along with Kane our most important player.

Absolutely.

I think Alli has the potential to be one of the best in the world. And not just as an AM, but as a well rounded player.

fudge Eriksen. Get Alli in there, get the team structured and settled, and lets see what he can do.

We already know he can fill in in midfield, and we already know he and Kane have a great partnership - seems a no brainer...
One of the things that I think Dele does need to do is play quicker..... He often slows down our possession and attacks, whereas Eriksen was the master of giving a first time perfect pass. If Dele can add that to his game then he can get to whatever level he wants I think.

One of the things that I think Dele does need to do is play quicker..... He often slows down our possession and attacks, whereas Eriksen was the master of giving a first time perfect pass. If Dele can add that to his game then he can get to whatever level he wants I think.

Agreed. And yet also one of the complaints with him is those flicks and heels he attempts - which is contradictory to your point.

I think he just needs to settle down, he is a player that can dictate games IMHO, if he can have a bit "less haste/more speed" about him I think he can go to the very top.

Dele, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Winks, Eriksen all suffer from same problem

- They all play in different positions (deep, forward, wide, center, offensive, defensive) too often, Poch likes utility/flexibility in players but it's counter to getting the absolute best out of a developing player.

Dele is best ghosting runs beyond Kane, being that player that either makes space or gets on the end of the run, very hard to pickup and can either finish the move or provide that last bit of creativity to make something happen. But I've seen him play wide, play deep, play as DM, play as second striker .. wtf?

- Kane, Dele, Son, Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas don't all work at the same time, we need to build groups that work together, that can be rotated but we don't, realistically our attack is Kane +Eriksen plus whoever we can fit in based on current DM issue.

Back