• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Also top clubs bring the world's best players together - Emirates Marketing Project, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc. In WC football they get dispersed all over the place and each manager has to make do with the best of whatever his country happens to have, eg Ronaldo/Portugal, Eriksen/Denmark, Salah/Egypt. And some of the world's best don't even make it to the tournament, eg Bale/Wales, Robben, Van Dijk/Holland, Chiellini/Italy, Aubameyang/Gabon, Dzeko/Bosnia.

I think that's where Germany and Spain have benefitted over the years, and to a certain extent Italy. Most of the German team from the last 4 years or so play for Bayern Munich. Most of the Spanish sides have played for Real and Barca. Most of the Italians have played together for Juve.

I think that's where Germany and Spain have benefitted over the years, and to a certain extent Italy. Most of the German team from the last 4 years or so play for Bayern Munich. Most of the Spanish sides have played for Real and Barca. Most of the Italians have played together for Juve.

Its not just the top level experience, but simply the chemistry/relationship brought over from the club to the international side.

Its why I wanted Delph to play instead of Young, if anyone was going to get something out of Sterling it was him...

PACE, PACE, PACE, PACE for Christ sake give it a break. It's just an other attribute, it's not the be all and end all. A quick brain is usually better than quick legs and its the pace you move the ball around along with movement which create danger for defences. Sterling has pace to burn but a poor first touch and no brain. He has the ability to be a great player lets just hope he does it with us.

Could not agree more, top post.

He wont get any real recognition because most people wont see his job as that, rather him getting goals etc.

Judge him as an attacking player and youll be very disappointed.

Judge him as the man to make CM work around limited players, and I think he was outstanding. Played with real intelligence and worked his socks off.

Bloke standing behind me in the pub last night (with various curses uttered) : “Alli you’re useless. Do something,”
Me (maybe not quite as much under my breath as I thought : “what - like defending?”
Him 5 minutes later: “Alli. Stop effing defending and do something useful”.
:confused:

Bloke standing behind me in the pub last night (with various curses uttered) : “Alli you’re useless. Do something,”
Me (maybe not quite as much under my breath as I thought : “what - like defending?”
Him 5 minutes later: “Alli. Stop effing defending and do something useful”.
:confused:

One born every minute.

Dele would have had a better time of it if we had like minded players in a like minded system. If we were looking for more close passes and him ghosting in to the box when not involved in play then he'd have been great. The system/players weren't the best for such a system as our most common plays were looking to slide in Lingard and Sterling behind their fullbacks.

I think he is an incredible player, and my hunch is that this is the season he becomes a man. I cant wait.

He is still learning the game ( imo) he will have to change part of his game to adapt that other sides are now marking tighter then they did before. The number of times in his first season that he found space was great, other sides will now look at that and try and restrict that space ( which they have done). I have no doubt that he will be able to do this and i expect another great season from him.

He is fast becoming the complete package.

His movement is first class, and because of this he does so much work for the team that goes virtually unnoticed.

We all know he can create and score already, how much he has done so far is obscene for his age and position.

He has it all, I honestly think he could do a job anywhere on the pitch - but if we play him with relative freedom from midfield he will be bossing this league for years for us.

Back