• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

If only, an excellent player, but I fear a big big money club will get him with I suspect Bayern are all over him.
Yea that seems to be the career patch for Dortmund's talented players........ Except for Aubameyang who's coming to Spurs!! *

*may not happen.

I'm a huge fan of Dele, but is anyone else concerned about his touch this season? He's never been Iniesta, but it feels like his first touch has been so poor this season. As promising as he is as a finisher, I'm consistently shocked at the valuations and clubs who are linked with him. He's nowhere near a Barca or Madrid player at this point in his career, and I think he'd get slaughtered by those fans who expect so much of their creative players. IMO Kane, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davinson, Lloris, and arguably Son, Winks, and Dier would look a lot more at home in one of those superteams than Dele would.

Obviously, he's still a very young player with a lot of room to grow, but I think he's at the best possible club he can be at. As grumbly as we can be, we're nowhere near Barca, Madrid, Bayern, etc, who would be losing their brick if he was playing like this for their teams.

I'm a huge fan of Dele, but is anyone else concerned about his touch this season? He's never been Iniesta, but it feels like his first touch has been so poor this season. As promising as he is as a finisher, I'm consistently shocked at the valuations and clubs who are linked with him. He's nowhere near a Barca or Madrid player at this point in his career, and I think he'd get slaughtered by those fans who expect so much of their creative players. IMO Kane, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davinson, Lloris, and arguably Son, Winks, and Dier would look a lot more at home in one of those superteams than Dele would.

Obviously, he's still a very young player with a lot of room to grow, but I think he's at the best possible club he can be at. As grumbly as we can be, we're nowhere near Barca, Madrid, Bayern, etc, who would be losing their brick if he was playing like this for their teams.
Chill. As everyone keeps saying (where HAVE you been?) he's still young. Everybody knows that all young players have spells when they begin to lose their way for a while but as the old saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent. And that is one thing Dele has in abundance.

So stick with him because he'll eventually come through this blip and you'll once again be trumpeting his coruscating skills along with the rest of us.

Promise!

Chill. As everyone keeps saying (where HAVE you been?) he's still young. Everybody knows that all young players have spells when they begin to lose their way for a while but as the old saying goes, form is temporary, class is permanent. And that is one thing Dele has in abundance.

So stick with him because he'll eventually come through this blip and you'll once again be trumpeting his coruscating skills along with the rest of us.

Promise!

Did you actually read what I wrote? Eeesh. Literally, the first thing I wrote is that I'm a huge fan of his. I didn't say that he's a poor or average player, I simply said that he's not at a Real Madrid or Barcelona player yet, and I think he's been a bit overvalued by in the press (exhibit A). He's not on the level of people like Sané, Mbappe, or Dembele, which is obviously not a real knock on him.

Obviously, he's a fantastic young player, and like I said before, he's at the perfect club for his growth, where he can go through little dips in form without worrying about the fans turning on him.

the boy's head has been turned, i don't see that youthful enthusiasm from previous seasons, the writing's on the wall for me.

Promise!

Did you actually read what I wrote? Eeesh. Literally, the first thing I wrote is that I'm a huge fan of his. I didn't say that he's a poor or average player, I simply said that he's not at a Real Madrid or Barcelona player yet, and I think he's been a bit overvalued by in the press (exhibit A). He's not on the level of people like Sané, Mbappe, or Dembele, which is obviously not a real knock on him.

Obviously, he's a fantastic young player, and like I said before, he's at the perfect club for his growth, where he can go through little dips in form without worrying about the fans turning on him.
Yes I did read what you wrote, you managed to write that though he's brilliant and you're his biggest fan blah blah blah he's way short of the level of being good enough for the the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid right now and my response was chill, because he's just going through a blip and will come through it.

I stick by that mate because where I fundamentally disagree with you is I'm pretty certain that even now, if Barcelona or Real got a sniff that we'd be willing to sell they'd still come in for him big because he is one of the world's top young talents and no way would they be put off by his temporary blip.

So I'll say it again, CHILL.

Yes I did read what you wrote, you managed to write that though he's brilliant and you're his biggest fan blah blah blah he's way short of the level of being good enough for the the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid right now and my response was chill, because he's just going through a blip and will come through it.

I stick by that mate because where I fundamentally disagree with you is I'm pretty certain that even now, if Barcelona or Real got a sniff that we'd be willing to sell they'd still come in for him big because he is one of the world's top young talents and no way would they be put off by his temporary blip.

So I'll say it again, CHILL.

But again what you're missing is that I'm not talking about his "blip" in form. I'm talking about his overall skill-set as a player, specifically his touch. I could be proven wrong in the long term, but as of now, there are other players in our XI who would be better fits in one of those sides (Kane, Eriksen, TBA, DS, HL, etc). And I think, were he to leave in the next 18 months, that move wouldn't be a success. Also, he's not on the level of the Dembeles, Sanes, Asensio's etc, who he is often placed above in the press. Simple.

Put it this way, I like him a lot and think he has a huge future. But he's also really overrated. Both of those things can be true.

jésus christ, i will say once again he is still a KID who is still learning the game in one of the hardest Lgs in the world. Opposing players have sussed out his tricks and he is now having to adapt his game because of that. I have heard so much crap from some fans ( at games, in the pubs and on forums) about how he can not do this, that and the other, they must be blind, the kid has ability and it will come to the fore again as he matures.

Needless to say its some of the same fan who were creaming themselves about how GREAT a player he was when he broke through are now the same ones who are questioning his ability. Madness.

Started poorly against Stoke I thought. Almost every touch seemed to be an attempt at doing the spectacular and the Stoke players read it comfortably.

Started doing things a bit more simply after a while I thought and looked much better I thought. Simple choice most of the time and the occasional magic moment should be his game plan.

Completely agree with this, too often he runs into blind alleys or holds on to the ball too long. He's a fairly decent (though not exceptional) passer with good movement and anticipation. Should keep it simple and use his natural talent and awareness and he'll end up a far better player. He'll learn that in time.

Serious dip in form this season. Another poor performance from the young lad. Something's just not right at the moment.

I'm sure he'll bounce back at some point, but I sure hope it's soner rather than later. We desperately need him back performing like we know he can. Wouldn't be surprised to see him benched for a game or two.

He needs to take a seat on bench was poor again. Also cowards tackle should have walked for. Some will defend it but he knew what he was doing the way he rolled his body into it. Seen ankles broken like that.

Anyone think he’s started to believe his own hype. I see it that way. His effort on the pitch has dropped off as well as his form.

Don’t think his heart is in it anymore. Out of all of the spurs players he is most likely to leave. I’d rather sell him now and get someone who isnt arrogant and prefers Instagram posts than playing football. He’s young and immature and don’t think he’s going to learn anytime soon.

I’ll get shot down for this but I really don’t see his future at Spurs.

I said at the beginning of the season that his head was not right and recent efforts seem to be reinforcing that view. He doesn't look interested to me and his work rate, (pressing) is way down from last season. Regarding touch, well being honest, it has never been good really. His close control has always been a bit erratic. What makes Dele great is his audacity, the fact that he will try outrageous things. At present they are not coming off, so he needs to play the percentages and just do the simple things and eventually he will come good.

Not looking the same but he is a kid and of course he will suffer in dips of form.

Not everyone will be at it all season every game. Perhaps he needs a rest, time on the bench, and possibly a reality check.

I don't, like any of us know what the true reasons are for his lower than amazing form, as expected.

However I would suggest that the fans actually back the lad, give him the support any 20 odd would need.

Some of these fans actually believe that footballers are gods and not human.

Absolutely disgusting tackle yesterday, the kind that breaks ankles if you're not lucky.

He has been pretty damn poor this season and every game, I'm waiting for him (and the team for that matter) to explode into life like we did last season but its just not happening.

Still, I wish people would stop reading so much into things. There could be many many reasons why he's in this run of form. It could be that he's not that good and he's been found out. It could be that he's only 20 and having to figure out a new way of playing, as the opposition have figured out how to contain him (as has happened to lots of young players). It could be that things are going on his personal life, which is affecting him on the pitch. It could be that he thinks he has made it and doesn't want to bother anymore. It could be that his head has been turned. It could be that the whole team is playing poorly.

Lots of things. I think it is unfair to say hs head has gone and he wants to leave etc. Let's just back him while he's here, hope he improves soon and stops with these ridiculous challenges when things aren't going our way.

When was it not a time for Poch to get Dele back to his best?
I commented that so many of your posts are negative and this one is typical. You claim you are trying to bring posters to face reality or whatever then you go and post something like this. It's so stupid it defies rational response.

He scored twenty league goals last season ffs.

Back