• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I cant help feeling its all a blown out of proportion.

A little perspective will tell you he is a very young lad who has gone through an extraordinary rise, in a team rising with him, and that it was inevitable he would hit a flat spot.

IMO he is doing many of he always has, he is just missing an edge, a bit of luck, something...

And Im sure it will return. Thats what separates genuine quality players in development from others that never make that step up.

Definitely. He's just a little out of form, but even so he's still doing pretty good, because his ceiling is just so damn high. He'll come good!

Alli is a fantastic talent but he is still learning the game. I think this season he is tending to hold the ball too long, and try a dribble through the opposition even when he is outnumbered. Sometimes it works but more times it doesn't, and the defenders are expecting it now. He needs to mix up a bit - pass more and dribble less IMO.

I cant help feeling its all a blown out of proportion.

A little perspective will tell you he is a very young lad who has gone through an extraordinary rise, in a team rising with him, and that it was inevitable he would hit a flat spot.

IMO he is doing many of he always has, he is just missing an edge, a bit of luck, something...

And Im sure it will return. Thats what separates genuine quality players in development from others that never make that step up.

Both posts are spot on ( imo) jésus he is a kid who is still learning and after such a great start he was bound to have a period when opposing players read his tricks better and this is what we are seeing. In time he will adapt his game and move forward.

Both posts are spot on ( imo) jésus he is a kid who is still learning and after such a great start he was bound to have a period when opposing players read his tricks better and this is what we are seeing. In time he will adapt his game and move forward.
Happened with Bale no?

I’ve only seen highlights but was he better yesterday?

Seemed to be moving into space with the ball and looking to pass rather than just heading for the nearest opponent to try a nutmeg.

The thing with Ali is he is going through what used to be called the 2nd season syndrome ( and before anyone jumps on that i know its more). He came in and made such a impression so quickly he took other opposing players by surprise and it was always likely that he would have a period when his trick would be found out by opposing teams.

He is still a kid and will learn to adapt to this and will rise again, at the moment he is finding it hard but he will do so and this why Poch persists with playing him.

The thing with Ali is he is going through what used to be called the 2nd season syndrome ( and before anyone jumps on that i know its more). He came in and made such a impression so quickly he took other opposing players by surprise and it was always likely that he would have a period when his trick would be found out by opposing teams.

He is still a kid and will learn to adapt to this and will rise again, at the moment he is finding it hard but he will do so and this why Poch persists with playing him.
Exactly this.
And the formation we've been playing allowed for less moving into space.
It's no surprise he has looked a bit better when Son and Lamela are playing.
He does seem to have been searching for what works again - I think alot nutmegs were about that, and he now knows he has to use it wisely.

I agree and it is one of the reasons why I think that his better performances this season have come when he has played deeper and benefitted from less attention.

Started poorly against Stoke I thought. Almost every touch seemed to be an attempt at doing the spectacular and the Stoke players read it comfortably.

Started doing things a bit more simply after a while I thought and looked much better I thought. Simple choice most of the time and the occasional magic moment should be his game plan.

I like the look of Pulisic, doubt we could get him but he's direct and pacey with two good feet.

Fits with our age and US market investment policy.

I'd be very surprised if we don't make an attempt (good buy too as he won't be at WC this summer)

Back to thread, Dele has just been off this year, expected at his age, but test for him, can he rebound and step up.

Started poorly against Stoke I thought. Almost every touch seemed to be an attempt at doing the spectacular and the Stoke players read it comfortably.

Started doing things a bit more simply after a while I thought and looked much better I thought. Simple choice most of the time and the occasional magic moment should be his game plan.
Now that I can agree with. ;)

Couldn't agree more

Back