• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Sorry if this have been posted before, but is that a dive at all? When I see the replay, I see a guy standing up directly after he has been on the ground. No begging towards the ref, no hands out or similar, he just walk way.

If thats a dive, there are thousands of dives during each match.

Yes it was a clear dive. He deliberately dragged his leg against the keeper. Clear yellow card.

I am really torn on this.

On one hand diving should be outlawed and dealt wit more than it has been.

But we really are the only top club that doesn't do it and benefit from it....

Chelsea/Arsenal/City/United/Pool are stacked full of divers and they don't care.

I would prefer we didn't dive. I disagree that we don't do it, Alli dives quite frequently, Kane doesn't dive but he knows how to "win penalties" and makes the most of minimal contact, Vertonghen is very clever at getting opponents booked. I am all for us being cynical and streetwise but don't agree with diving.

Lets face it, Alli is a bit of a clam and I would hate him if he played for anyone else, but he's a top player and I'm glad we have him and love watching him play.

He started last season quite slowly if you remember but went up a level around Xmas so I'm not worried that he hasn't quite hit top form yet.

I would prefer we didn't dive. I disagree that we don't do it, Alli dives quite frequently, Kane doesn't dive but he knows how to "win penalties" and makes the most of minimal contact, Vertonghen is very clever at getting opponents booked. I am all for us being cynical and streetwise but don't agree with diving.

Lets face it, Alli is a bit of a clam and I would hate him if he played for anyone else, but he's a top player and I'm glad we have him and love watching him play.

He started last season quite slowly if you remember but went up a level around Xmas so I'm not worried that he hasn't quite hit top form yet.
Its not an issue even if he has an off season. Hes 21, hes bound to have dips in form....

I saw one article saying we should be worried about him being offered a paltry 80k. They also managed to mention Man United. Probably a requirement to get something published.

What would you do with 100k a week? £5m a year before tax. Yet he is worth it and maybe more. Hopefully performance bonuses are the way forward. How do you measure success when you're already an international? Goals is one way, but if it damages the team that's no good. Bonuses linked to CL qualification? Winning trophies?

Kyle Walker........"Hey Dele, I hear Spurs have offered you 80k a week. Is that all you're worth?"

article-2416866-120096D1000005DC-653_634x387.jpg

Dele.........

alli.jpg

I think he is running plenty. I just think things arent running that well for him. A little luck and he will look a world beater again.

I seem to recall he took a while to get going last year, as with the team I guess.

Back