• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Ten Good Reasons to Come to Tottenham :

1. Capital City
  2. Prestigious stadium (Wembley then New WHL)
  3. World Class training ground
  4. Outstanding manager who improves players
  5. Challenging for top domestic honours
  6. Qualified for Champions League
  7. Reputation for attractive football
  8. Large, appreciative fanbase
  9. Cameraderie / team spirit
  10. Chequered history

I think people are under estimating how big we can become relatively quickly with the new stadium and Poch at the helm

City went from nowhere to quadrupling their turnover in 4 years

I know it was flimflam money but we're already well ahead on that front anyway.

What attracted players to city as it wasn't trophies.... it was money and the carrot of where they were going

That will make zero difference when it comes to Alli - Id be shocked if he doesnt want to play at Barca or Madrid.
Ronaldo went to Madrid from Man U, when Man U were still at the top at home and europe

He will leave at 25-26 so no issue, if we havent won the league at that point i wouldnt stand in his way. If we have i wouldnt stand in his way

Ten Good Reasons to Come to Tottenham :

1. Capital City
  2. Prestigious stadium (Wembley then New WHL)
  3. World Class training ground
  4. Outstanding manager who improves players
  5. Challenging for top domestic honours
  6. Qualified for Champions League
  7. Reputation for attractive football
  8. Large, appreciative fanbase
  9. Cameraderie / team spirit
  10. Chequered history
Unfortunately it doesn't include the main one, £££££££

That will make zero difference when it comes to Alli - Id be shocked if he doesnt want to play at Barca or Madrid.
Ronaldo went to Madrid from Man U, when Man U were still at the top at home and europe

He will leave at 25-26 so no issue, if we havent won the league at that point i wouldnt stand in his way. If we have i wouldnt stand in his way

Yeah after 7 years service who could complain

I think he will go one day and we should be ready for that day by buying a player that is pushing Dele for a first team spot. Easier said than done I appreciate that.

We are in the game of money ball ... and i think we have the minimum of two years to find him.

I love pochs system it always gives players a platform to excel if they are good enough.

We should try to emulate dortmund in that respect.

25-26 is wildly optimistic at the rate he's exploding, tbh. He's already given us two seasons - although normally I'd like all our players to give us 5-6 years, I can see him sticking around for maybe the first season at the new stadium and then becoming the world's next record transfer - 120m+ to Real or Barca.

Of course, that's dependent on him continuing to develop at this astonishingly prodigious rate - no guarantee of that happening. But somehow, even in the eventuality that his development slows down, I don't think he'll be here come 2020 (when he'll be 24), never mind when he turns 25-26. He's just too goddamn good. And was from the first minute he arrived at the training ground, temper issues and occasional blip aside.

Either way, we don't lose out. If he stays for the next few years and leaves, we get a tanker-load of goals and assists, and then a world record transfer fee to plough into the stadium - something Arse never could quite secure when selling off their own players to raise the cash to pay for their bowl. It will mean paying it off takes a lot less time. And if he does somehow stay until 25-26, we might get a slightly smaller transfer fee (because he'll expect that we let him go without too much of a struggle given his loyal service) but we'll have seen one of England's very best players (perhaps England's best player full stop) plying his trade for us for eight goddamn years.

3 years is a long time in football, who is say we won't be the powerhouse with RM and Barca regressing.
These things a cyclical and the Spanish duo have been top dogs for what 10 years? A power shift is immenint. It's likely to be bayern, Utd or one of the noveau riche but it could be us.

3 years is a long time in football, who is say we won't be the powerhouse with RM and Barca regressing.
These things a cyclical and the Spanish duo have been top dogs for what 10 years? A power shift is immenint. It's likely to be bayern, Utd or one of the noveau riche but it could be us.

Atletico are showing how stepping up with a great manager can elevate you quickly

3 years ago they started to become a bigger side and now their in the top 4/5 in Europe

Atletico are showing how stepping up with a great manager can elevate you quickly

3 years ago they started to become a bigger side and now their in the top 4/5 in Europe
Ronaldo and Messi are aging and by all accounts neymar and bale are agitating for moves. Remove them from those squads and suddenly things don't look so Rosey.

Ronaldo and Messi are aging and by all accounts neymar and bale are agitating for moves. Remove them from those squads and suddenly things don't look so Rosey.

Their still gonna be mega clubs though

We have the scope and potential to be in the next tier of big big clubs though.

You have 2 teams in Germany, 3 in Spain, 1 in Italy, 2 in France (could easily be 1) and 3 prospectively in England who can be that top tier with the likes of the Milan clubs if they ever get their act together and maybe a team like Leipzig with their ambitions who can add to a couple more English sides and that's the European premier table despite what the results are in the CL

While losing key players regularly along the way. Last summer was the first year in some time when they didn't. And it doesn't look like a sign that they've stopped, more like a coincidental break.

While losing key players regularly along the way. Last summer was the first year in some time when they didn't. And it doesn't look like a sign that they've stopped, more like a coincidental break.

Exactly

It's all about having a philosophy and keeping the management aligned to the board, then the fans aligned to the philosophy

The new ground isn't hurting either

But that would only spur them on even more to come after Dele and our other our top players. Once they decide to target Dele (or whoever) they'll use all the tricks in the book to unsettle him. Yes of course Levy would extract a king's ransom but as we saw with the Bale transfer that could mean fudge all at least in the short term.

"Couldn't wish for a better group of lads to have played the season with! Thanks to the fans! Let's make next season even better #COYS" Doesn't sound like the tweet of a player whose not sure if he's going to be at the club next season.

Back