• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I've a vague recollection that qualifying/play-off are not the same status. He has to miss three proper matches.

Happy to be corrected.

Dude your recollection is obviously very hazy because all CL qualifying group matches are of the same status when it comes to suspensions

How come it took so long for this to be announced then? If three games was standard procedure, we would've known this for a fact the minute we were knocked out. Nothing's changed since then.

Remember you are talking about the muppets that run UEFA

Alli has stepped up so much this season. The only question is: how far can he go?

He actually can improve quite a bit, my two legitimate areas for him to work on are

- Finishing, he has missed some very easy chances this season (he would easily be in Kane numbers if he took more of his easy opportunities)
- Control a game, he still fades in/out, he has to impact games more than "just" popping up with a goal/assist.

No complaints, 20 with a ton of promise and good contribution, but you can definitely see where he should be spending coaching/training ground time.

If he fixed those two things, he'd be in the top tier of world players.

p.s. huge credit to him for passing the ball to Son for the goal, minutes after Son didn't to him ...

He actually can improve quite a bit, my two legitimate areas for him to work on are

- Finishing, he has missed some very easy chances this season (he would easily be in Kane numbers if he took more of his easy opportunities)
- Control a game, he still fades in/out, he has to impact games more than "just" popping up with a goal/assist.

No complaints, 20 with a ton of promise and good contribution, but you can definitely see where he should be spending coaching/training ground time.

p.s. huge credit to him for passing the ball to Son for the goal, minutes after Son didn't to him ...

Dele didn't look too happy with Son, haha... very unselfish to set him up... through the legs of the defender of course.

- Control a game, he still fades in/out, he has to impact games more than "just" popping up with a goal/assist

I'll bite.
Given that I got a shower from some people when I lavishly praised/defended him, I think we have to remember that
a) he is not a 'striker' but he id evolving at a rate where he is scoring/getting into positions where he is absolutely ahead of most strikers around
b) his game is all about providing the difference as opposed to controlling. THAT lies (for me) with Eriksen, who thankfully is doing EXACTLY that since the start of 2017.

I think he has impacted over two-thirds of our games massively this season. And at 20, he will only get better (in fact, the area I think he can improve is his decision-making but even that is rapidly improving)...he is pretty close to being the complete creative/attacking midfielder in the next 12-18 months.

But I still think that right now he is a top 20 player in world football on form over the last two seasons...

Back