• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

reactions are way over the top, the number of top players who have that aggression - certainly at that age - is what makes them the top players. He will learn to channel it as he gets older but if you think back (Zidane in a world cup, beckham vs argentina, scholes countless times, rooney when he was younger, Keane) etc etc all these players have that channelled aggression that can convert to red mist at any point, and all those players were top players.

Chalk it down to experience rather then over analysing it, it happened - move on etc etc

reactions are way over the top, the number of top players who have that aggression - certainly at that age - is what makes them the top players. He will learn to channel it as he gets older but if you think back (Zidane in a world cup, beckham vs argentina, scholes countless times, rooney when he was younger, Keane) etc etc all these players have that channelled aggression that can convert to red mist at any point, and all those players were top players.

Chalk it down to experience rather then over analysing it, it happened - move on etc etc

I agree that having a aggressive side to your game is ok, however it has to be managed. Alli has played a season and a half and has history for being aggresive, he served a ban last season for punching someone and there was another incident ( forgot what game it was) when he kicked out at a player on the deck but the ref did not see it.

As you say as he gets older he may mature but if not he will become a marked man.

Am I the only one that really doesn't give a fudge about this.

Roy Keane got 11 red cards for United and is considered one of their greatest players.

Gerrard ended up with 8 reds. Scholes was a real dirty player, the 3rd most booked in Premier League history. All you ever hear is which of them was better.

Roy Keane got 11 red cards for United and is considered one of their greatest players.

Gerrard ended up with 8 reds. Scholes was a real dirty player, the 3rd most booked in Premier League history. All you ever hear is which of them was better.
Nope. There's at least two of us.

Some of Keane's red cards:

12 February 2000, Man U lost 0-3 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
13 August 2000, Man U lost 0-2 to Chelsea in the Charity Shield.
21 April 2001, Keane ends Alf Inge Haaland's career as Man U draw 1-1 with City.
15 September 2001. ManU lost 3-4 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Keane got sent off in injury time for being a clam.
31 August 2002. Keane elbows McAteer in injury time as Man U draw 1-1 with Sunderland.
25 February 2004. Keane stamps on Porto keeper Vitor Baia as Man U lose the first leg 1-2. A 1-1 draw at home saw them eliminated.

Not only does a completely pointless red card fudge the team over in that game, but the player is then suspended for later ones.

21 April 2001, Keane ends Alf Inge Haaland's career as Man U draw 1-1 with City.
15 September 2001. ManU lost 3-4 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Keane got sent off in injury time for being a clam.
31 August 2002. Keane elbows McAteer in injury time as Man U draw 1-1 with Sunderland.
25 February 2004. Keane stamps on Porto keeper Vitor Baia as Man U lose the first leg 1-2. A 1-1 draw at home saw them eliminated.

Not only does a completely pointless red card fudge the team over in that game, but the player is then suspended for later ones.
Spouting certain results doesn't necessarily show anything, how about Tottenham 3 - Emirates Marketing Project 4 from 2004. I am not saying it's easier going down to 10, but if you are asking him to not be aggressive in his general play he wont be the same player. He will win us more points with his general play then he will lose us for the odd red card.

And yet United kept picking him game after game. Why because of his drive and competitiveness. Without that he would be another Mark Kinsella, Matt Holland or Liam Miller. Take that out of Alli and you're left with Jenas or Joe Cole.

Spouting certain results doesn't necessarily show anything, how about Tottenham 3 - Emirates Marketing Project 4 from 2004. I am not saying it's easier going down to 10, but if you are asking him to not be aggressive in his general play he wont be the same player. He will win us more points with his general play then he will lose us for the odd red card.

I would say he has gotten away with his sly digs and pushes a few times as well. I don't see him becoming a lesser player by calming down and not doing those things.

a lot of people are missing the point imo. its not just about whether dele alli would become a lesser player if he takes this out of his game.

he needs to take this out of his game because one day he will seriously hurt someone if he doesnt. if he played for anyone else, we would be able to analyse this with more sense and realise that some of his behaviour is out right disgraceful. hes a great player and probably my favourite at the moment, but he really needs to sort this out.

It was a rush of blood but even in your maddest moments you make an instant calculation based on your own survival before going through with an act of revenge. Imagine someone enraged you in the street but just as you went to deck him he produced a knife. You hesitate. You don't go through with it because instantly you see the potential consequences, your very survival is at stake.

He had that same chance to consider whether to go through with his reckless tackle but calculated he would not come to physical harm himself. So what if he got himself sent off, he had his revenge, it was worth it.

What speed did all that scenario above play out at? In what age brain? Look, it was a horrible nasty foul, he rightly got a red card, but this whole notion that he enjoyed it/was selfish, is absolute rubbish IMO. He got the red, he will miss games, can we all
move on and support the man?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What speed did all that scenario above play out at? In what age brain? Look, it was a horrible nasty foul, he rightly got a red card, but this whole notion that he enjoyed it/was selfish, is absolute rubbish IMO. He got the red, he will miss games, can we all
move on and support the man?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Maybe you need to watch it again? You will see that following the foul that left him on the deck he throws his arms up in the air in frustration at not being awarded the fk. He then has several seconds to think about it before getting up and launching into the tackle. It was clearly premeditated.

As for suggesting anyone has claimed he enjoyed trying to break someone's leg, come on Steff, you know that's just ridiculous. I said it was vengeance and I stand by that. We've all been there.

But yes, I agree we all need to move on, absolutely. I'm as much an admirer of Dele as the next fan and fervently hope he can learn to control his demons. To his credit he did say sorry to his victim Dejaegere so that's a good sign.

Maybe you need to watch it again? You will see that following the foul that left him on the deck he throws his arms up in the air in frustration at not being awarded the fk. He then has several seconds to think about it before getting up and launching into the tackle. It was clearly premeditated.

As for suggesting anyone has claimed he enjoyed trying to break someone's leg, come on Steff, you know that's just ridiculous. I said it was vengeance and I stand by that. We've all been there.

But yes, I agree we all need to move on, absolutely. I'm as much an admirer of Dele as the next fan and fervently hope he can learn to control his demons. To his credit he did say sorry to his victim Dejaegere so that's a good sign.

We're all good mate. I don't need to watch it again, I watched it about a dozen times. It was, IMO, not 'revenge' but frustration which boiled over. VERY different things. Revenge implies INTENT to hurt. Frustration implies losing control. For me, CLEARLY, it was the latter. That's why his first touch after the foul which saw the ball get to that bloke was poor - he was wound up, so he lunged in after it, frustrated at not getting the free-kick, at losing the ball, at life in general. I guarantee you he isn't spending several second 'thinking' about it, his head has already entered to 'foggy action' zone.

I am actually really impressed with how he handled it. He kept his mouth shut, apologized privately to his team-mates, as you said went to see the bloke and make sure he was OK, and Poch protected him (likely gave him a telling off and a hug). I think he is learning very well. In terms of this season, and the fact he has been more targeted, he has risen above much more than before. Even today that fat kckunt Adam tried to do him, as did a coupe of others, Shawcross took a few nibbles at him. Bar Thursday, I think he's learnt a lot personally.

Anyway, as you said, move on...of course me and my foghorn fingers here couldn't resist blurting a response before doing that!!!!! Best mate...

Scholes was a piece of brick, right there with Charlie Adams, if you ever wanted proof of big club protection it was the clam.

Had he played for any other club, he would have been red carded out of every other game, as it was, I had a decade of listening to condescending commentary about "poor scholesy, he's just not good at tackling" no, he was a piece of brick who fudging knew exactly what he was doing.

Keane and Scholes had an outright nastiness to them, vindictive players, something I would not accuse Dele of. Dele has a temper and a petulance to him, but not vindictive and nasty (could not see Dele waiting half a season to fudge up another player like Keane would do.)

Scholes was a piece of brick, right there with Charlie Adams, if you ever wanted proof of big club protection it was the clam.

Had he played for any other club, he would have been red carded out of every other game, as it was, I had a decade of listening to condescending commentary about "poor scholesy, he's just not good at tackling" no, he was a piece of brick who fudging knew exactly what he was doing.

Keane and Scholes had an outright nastiness to them, vindictive players, something I would not accuse Dele of. Dele has a temper and a petulance to him, but not vindictive and nasty (could not see Dele waiting half a season to fudge up another player like Keane would do.)

Scholes to me was more of a clumsy tackler than a dirty fudger like Keane. Alli is too skillful to be as clumsy as Scholes, he's got a short fuse in the heat of the battle, comes with age to a certain extent but as many others have said, I wouldn't change him.

Copyright: Paul Scholes
Scholes to me was more of a clumsy tackler than a dirty fudger like Keane. Alli is too skillful to be as clumsy as Scholes, he's got a short fuse in the heat of the battle, comes with age to a certain extent but as many others have said, I wouldn't change him.

Copywright: Paul Scholes:

swedens-hakan-mild-yells-in-agony-from-an-injury-recieved-in-a-tackle-GTH37B.jpg

On another note. I just discovered that I am an acquaintance of Dele's father on a Nigerian football forum. All I can say is wow and do not believe the press in everything. I got some confirmation on certain things from people who grew up with Dele as well. This stuff is getting even more complicated.

1. The original story was not from Dele, the people who put out the story put in many lies such as his dad abandoning him after 2 weeks. Based on the pictures you are seeing and the facts that everyone is now confirming that he lived in Nigeria with his dad and was in US with his dad.

2. Divorce is a fact of life and one parent always keeps the child at any particular time. Dele's dad had him sometimes and his mom did at other times.

3. Dele's dad's situation was more difficult because he wasn't living in the UK. He did a lot and continued to stay in his son's life bearing all his financial responsibilities to Dele to include helping out his ex wife financially

4. Dele's half sister not from Kenny has confirmed that Kenny was a great father and has urged Dele to dispel the negative press regardless of whatever is going on because the lies are undeserved.

5. The Hickfords never had legal custody of Dele, their son was Dele's best friend who played soccer together. Dele went to stay with him just like any teenager who runs into some issue at home may do. Even in Nigeria I had friends come stay with me. Does that allow my dad to sign a professional contract on behalf of a 16 year old without consulting the mother or father.

6. Kid was not dumped back to UK due to his dads new marriage. Dele knew what he wanted to be at a very young age and exhibited it everywhere. You just need to be around him to see it. He took a soccer ball with him everywhere. NASA, church everywhere. Sending him back to the UK was a tough decision for his dad but a necessary one for his future. If he had stayed in the US you may not even know who Dele was. There was no coaching at middle school or high school level that could nuture such talent. He went back to live with his mom to go back to academy football. Something he had been a part of previously.

They were kicking him every chance today but he only reacted once and it was handbag

They really played on it which is why I think he celebrated his goal so much

Back