• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I can't come up with any outstanding candidates, but I'm sure Pogba will be in the mix - based on hype, club and price tag mainly. He hasn't set the PL alight, that's for sure.

I'm no betting man, but according to Oddschecker, Dele is favourite at 1/2, then Kane 5/1, Pogba 6/1, Lukaku 10/1 and Sterling 16/1. Other names that come up are Iwobi, Rashford, Barkley, Dier, Origi, Martial and Iheanacho.

Is Coutinho too old this year? He was very good until his injury.

Last year's nominations were made public early april, so Jesus has got a few months to make his mark - if he keeps it up, he could very well be amongst the final six.

I'm guessing Dele, Kane, Pogba, Lukaku and Jesus will be five of the six nominees. No question so far that Dele is the favourite, IMO.

I'm sorry but if Pogba wins it, the award is a joke. He's been even more under whelming than he was at the Euros.

Last year's nominees were announced on 13th of April

https://www.thepfa.com/thepfa/pfaawards/pfa-awards-2016-nominees

With the winners getting their awards on the 24th

https://www.thepfa.com/thepfa/pfaawards/mens-pfa-young-player-of-the-year-dele-alli-2016

So plenty of time for Jesus to show himself to be Emirates Marketing Project's messiah or Dele to deliver us a deluge of goals...

If Alli scores 15 league goals for example which is a hugely impressive total for a midfielder then I don't see how anyone else can compete with that.

I'm sorry but if Pogba wins it, the award is a joke. He's been even more under whelming than he was at the Euros.
Agree it's highly unlikely but things can still change quite dramatically between now and April. For sure he's been putting in some indifferent performances, but so to a lesser extent did Dele at the start of the season. United are on a very long unbeaten run and if their revival continues and he starts to produce a few eye-catching performances along the way then his poor earlier form would very quickly be forgotten.

Agree it's highly unlikely but things can still change quite dramatically between now and April. For sure he's been putting in some indifferent performances, but so to a lesser extent did Dele at the start of the season. United are on a very long unbeaten run and if their revival continues and he starts to produce a few eye-catching performances along the way then his poor earlier form would very quickly be forgotten.
Form around the time of the vote will have a big influence, although Dele is miles ahead at present.

Dele is ahead at moment, the next step in his growth has to be dominating games more. He makes great runs, obviously is very effective in partnership with Kane, great goalscoring record.

He has to push on to that dominating a game type performances, put in that 35-50 minutes in a game where the opposition truly struggles to deal with him. That has to be his goal, he's young and we need to give him time, but that is what will really make him the next level player his potential shows.

Pogba could score 1/10's for every game between now and the awards and will still win it, it's obvious for me

Pogba could score 1/10's for every game between now and the awards and will still win it, it's obvious for me
Correct. The moment he shaved a P in his hair and sprayed it green, and had #Pogba all around the advertising boards at Old Trafford, he won it. The massive c.ock

Chill out guys, Pogba is nowhere near winning it. The price tag alone set expectations too high and he's barely justified a 30 million quid transfer.

My recollection of Pogba this season apart from dancing like a drunk on instagram is of him missing chances. Dele Alli might miss a few but he also scores by the shed load.

True it isn't an end of season decision but it's later than mid Feb I think.

So in the words of Alan Partridge, to answer my original question, can I have a second series, sorry, I mean, who is Alli's biggest threat in terms of the Young Player of the Year?
All Liverpool players, regardless of age.

Kane must be too old to win it. He's about 28 now, isn't he?

Anyway, it feels now like he has been around for ages. Must be the hairstyle. I can see his portrait looking good on a cigarette card.

Well done to Alli for winning the Player of the Month for January. Hope he will win more awards like this with us. For now, he needs to keep his calm and concentrate on his football.

Not only will Levy not sell to Emirates Marketing Project, if Dele does ever leave us it will not be before playing a season in our new season, it definitely will not be to another English club. Besides hopefully he and his pal Eric will remain with us for the next decade at least.
Let's not delude ourselves, chances are they'll both be gone long before that. But I'd agree so long as DL is in control it will not be to an another English club.

Let's not delude ourselves, chances are they'll both be gone long before that. But I'd agree so long as DL is in control it will not be to an another English club.

Nobody is deluded, hence I used the word "hopefully". And yes it we continue to flatter to deceive most of our key players will leave eventually

Back