• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

dele alli above berbatov at the moment ?
In terms of Premier League goal output, he is currently...

Dele: 21 goals in 4112 minutes (47 starts, 7 as sub) = 195.8 mins per goal
Berbatov: 27 goals in 5732 minutes (63 starts, 7 as sub) = 212.3 mins per goal

Last edited:
In terms of Premier League goal output, he is currently...

Dele: 21 goals in 4112 minutes (47 starts, 7 as sub) = 195.8 mins per goal
Berbatov: 27 goals in 5732 minutes (63 starts, 7 as sub) = 212.3 mins per goal

You have the assists to go with that? IIRC Berbatov used to feed Keane a lot ... (not that Dele is bad in assists either)

Problem for anyone (but us in Dele's case) is Pogba's price has set the range for a goal scoring midfielder .. and it's fudging high ..

Absolutely no way the price would be under 100M

Pogba isn't even really a goalscoring midfielder. He averages about 7 goals a season. Hardly Lampard ish.

didn't berbs and keane each do more than 20 one season?
Not exclusively in the PL, nope. Their best in the PL as a combination was 15 goals each in season 2007/08. United had both Van Nistlerooy and Saha listed in 2003/04 but Saha had already scored some of his for Fulham before being transferred to United midway through the season.

So if Kane and Dele do manage it (still a big ask) they would indeed be the first double act to achieve it in the PL era.

Those stats are from all comps I believe? He's not scored 10 league goals in a season yet, Alli has already done it twice.

Yep, not questioning Dele being more of a goal threat than Pogba, just part of Pogba's pricing is the fact that he is a regular goal contributor (for most midfielders)

Dele is a special player, if he keeps his form for the rest of the season, it will be interesting.

If Gabriel Jesus carries on the way he's started he might be a threat for the young player of the year award. Only playing a third of a season should preclude him though.

If Gabriel Jesus carries on the way he's started he might be a threat for the young player of the year award. Only playing a third of a season should preclude him though.
Isn't the voting ridiculously early though, like mid February or something? He looks the real deal, but he'd have to perform in far more than three games to be a contestant for young player of the year.

Isn't the voting ridiculously early though, like mid February or something? He looks the real deal, but he'd have to perform in far more than three games to be a contestant for young player of the year.

True it isn't an end of season decision but it's later than mid Feb I think.

So in the words of Alan Partridge, to answer my original question, can I have a second series, sorry, I mean, who is Alli's biggest threat in terms of the Young Player of the Year?

I can't come up with any outstanding candidates, but I'm sure Pogba will be in the mix - based on hype, club and price tag mainly. He hasn't set the PL alight, that's for sure.

I'm no betting man, but according to Oddschecker, Dele is favourite at 1/2, then Kane 5/1, Pogba 6/1, Lukaku 10/1 and Sterling 16/1. Other names that come up are Iwobi, Rashford, Barkley, Dier, Origi, Martial and Iheanacho.

Is Coutinho too old this year? He was very good until his injury.

Last year's nominations were made public early april, so Jesus has got a few months to make his mark - if he keeps it up, he could very well be amongst the final six.

I'm guessing Dele, Kane, Pogba, Lukaku and Jesus will be five of the six nominees. No question so far that Dele is the favourite, IMO.

Back