• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He was fine with the first goal, it took a deflection that he reacted well too and played the ball backwards as that was his only option. Aurier was not switched on and Rashford picked the ball up first.

Gazaniga should really have done better with the goal but I don't think Sanchez was really at fault there at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Agreed. Aurier was disgraceful, as were the two who made no real attempts to close down the shot.

Man U were attacking with four very mobile players switching positions consistently.

Spurs problem is not having a regular 6 defensive players who understand each other enough to play as a team. Mourinho is still looking for his best setup, he is not helped by Poch's previous frequent Chopping and changing, whilst giving underperforming favourites too much time.

Without JM firing up Alli, this would have been a worse scoreline imo.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I have given Davo (fairly I believe) some flak over the past weeks about his performance but just wanted to say how impressive his performance was yesterday. I hope that this is as a result of Mourinho's coaching which would mean that the brain farts and lapses of concentration will be ironed out and we will get the defensive monster that we know the lad can become.

I have given Davo (fairly I believe) some flak over the past weeks about his performance but just wanted to say how impressive his performance was yesterday. I hope that this is as a result of Mourinho's coaching which would mean that the brain farts and lapses of concentration will be ironed out and we will get the defensive monster that we know the lad can become.

Well said i have always thought there was a very good player in there and lets hope Jose brings it out of him.

Dithery at times, there were one or two occasions where he received the ball only yards from our goal and ought to have cleared first time but instead invited pressure. He worries me on occasions like that but I hope and believe he can develop into a big player.

Last edited:
Have we been watching different games? I thought he did well today - yes, he got beaten once by (I think) Jota, and he gave the ball away twice, but otherwise, he made a brick-ton of interceptions, blocks, and headers, and his recovery pace was vital in keeping our six-yard box secure on Wolves' endless breakaways.

He's basically a younger, slightly shakier version of Lucio from Mourinho's Inter - if I recall correctly, the reason Mourinho asked Inter to buy Lucio is because he wanted recovery pace at the back, and Lucio had that in spades, even if he wasn't the most technically proficient (couldn't pass if his life depended on it) or tactically aware (as seen by the subsequent season, when Lucio got destroyed trying to play Rafa's high line).

Sanchez is basically the same player, just younger. And I think he had a good game today.

The problem I have with him is he looks no different now than when he first played for us.

His two main issues are he looks a nervous nerys when in any kind of possession.

He is a physical specimen but has zero clue how to position his body or adjust his centre of gravity to leaverage that to the max, quite the opposite in fact, it gets him into trouble.

A very nervous Nerys. The opposition love giving him time and space on the ball, as they know he is desperate to shuffle it to "anyone but me".

That SAS Triangle of tacos gives me kittens when they try to play football and make basic decisions.

The problem I have with him is he looks no different now than when he first played for us.

His two main issues are he looks a nervous nerys when in any kind of possession.

He is a physical specimen but has zero clue how to position his body or adjust his centre of gravity to leaverage that to the max, quite the opposite in fact, it gets him into trouble.

I don’t think that’s fair, I think he was awesome when he first turned up, it was like we’d signed peak Maldini, he was running around at twice the speed of anybody else and and even fat fudges like deeney were bouncing off of him like he was a mountain.

He doesn’t have it all. He’s dreadful on the ball. To be fair he looks worse playing next to such cultured centre halves like Toby and Jan. We’ve been spoiled in that position for ball playing CB’s for the last few years, and going back even further to when we had Ledley King.

he has the athletic metrics, everything else can be coached

Back