• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Any black fella growing up in Colombia knows life is tough

If you go to the wrong street at the wrong moment, it gets very serious very quickly

If you are a child prodigy footballer, your family can be at risk

If you go from Cali to Medellin at a young age, this is also difficult/interesting

He chose Ajax over Barca so he could play

This lad has balls of titanium

I wont lie, Ive never seen him play bar a couple of youtube videos.

And yes, I know they only indicate "things he can do" rather than how well or cosistently he plays.

That said, the price tag cetainly suggests we expect big things from him, so I anticipate an impact this season for sure.

I agree with those saying it looks like a more permanent move to a back three (as does our taste in FBs if links are to be believed) which I think suits us well.

What has me most excited though is if you went on the FIFA player-maker and used the identikit tool to design your perfect Pochettino defender - chances are you would come up with something very closely resembling this guy.

He has Pochettino's stamp all over him. And I love that.

Some need to calm down and not put pressure on the player he is young and conning into arguably tbd toughest league in the world.

I'm sure some comments are tongue in cheek. On the back of this signing, i hope that we break this transfer fee record again this window to take that "extra" pressure off him.

Although my slightly biased Ajax mates think that he will be an absolute collusus for us

Some need to calm down and not put pressure on the player he is young and conning into arguably tbd toughest league in the world.

I'm sure some comments are tongue in cheek. On the back of this signing, i hope that we break this transfer fee record again this window to take that "extra" pressure off him.

Although my slightly biased Ajax mates think that he will be an absolute collusus for us
Maybe some pictures of his dogs might help?

I wonder if Poch will ease him in gradually. Perhaps starting him as RB or RWB so he can get up to PL warp speed. Similar to what Poch did with Dier. This signing gives us much greater tactical flexibility. Well done Mr. L. Now for a couple more signings please for a great window.

I wonder if Poch will ease him in gradually. Perhaps starting him as RB or RWB so he can get up to PL warp speed. Similar to what Poch did with Dier. This signing gives us much greater tactical flexibility. Well done Mr. L. Now for a couple more signings please for a great window.
Could be he will be eased in...

Well be interesting to see what happens when we have everyone fit and up to speed. Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dier, Sanchez, Wanyama. 5 players for 4 positions with a back 3 or 3 positions in a back 4. 1 or 2 of them must be left out...

So I would assume he is here for defensive depth? Not quite on Jan or Toby's level?

I would suggest we will be playing a back 3 more often than not and he will be part of that back 3 with his fellow Ajax alumni. I do not think we spent all that money so as to leave him on the bench most weeks. I would suggest the only way he becomes a bench warmer is if he simply fails to perform for us and hold down a place

Back