• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Unfortunately, he was very poor yesterday. He made a lot of mistakes. He had been criticized by other teams' fans as I have a lot of them as friends as I am an overseas supporter. I have usually defended him but yesterday was simply an embarrassing performance. He is young, he has a lot to learn and gain. He is one of the young defenders with great prospects.I hope he can overcome this match but I don't want him as first option next season.
“An embarrassing performance”? A tad dramatic don’t you think? Shaky - yes, below par - yes, poor - yes at a push if you look at Sanchez in isolation. But I didn’t feel embarrassed by him.

At 21 he has done brilliant and will get better and better

Not sure anyone expected him to be playing every game this season but he is and he is learning on the job

He was caught out yesterday and he will know that... big learning curve for him

But I’d rather him learn it in that game than in one that mattered like Saturdays

This, it was probably his worse game in our shirt but he is a kid who is still finding his feet in a much harder Lge.

He’s 21.

Word, i am amazed at some fans who think he should be perfect ( at the age of 21).

This, it was probably his worse game in our shirt but he is a kid who is still finding his feet in a much harder Lge.

Word, i am amazed at some fans who think he should be perfect ( at the age of 21).

It’s the Toby factor. We have a brilliant 29 year old who wants to leave and fans want him playing

I’m own who thinks feck him if he won’t sign the best contract we can offer him

Jan has been the man and deserves it more

What has being “criticized by other teams' fans” got to do with it? !

You got a false impression here, it has nothing to do. I said I have defend him and I believed in him. But I mean may be our glasses as Spurs fans didn't make us seeing his faults and his flaws, and may be playing alongside Verts with the better team mostly made him appears better than what he actually is. Again I support him but we shouldn't burning him.

You got a false impression here, it has nothing to do. I said I have defend him and I believed in him. But I mean may be our glasses as Spurs fans didn't make us seeing his faults and his flaws, and may be playing alongside Verts with the better team mostly made him appears better than what he actually is. Again I support him but we shouldn't burning him.

No the only leeway I’m allowing him is due to his age and relative immaturity in the league and team.
The City game was great for the lad he will learn more from Sunday than all the wins against Stoke and Bournemouth. He is constantly being compared to Alderweireld ATM which is imho is silly for 21 yo who as stepped up admirably. He has faults and was caught for the first against City but he is not first ‘quality’ defender to have pants pulled down by City. No blue tinted glasses here.

Disclaimer : We went on a all-dayer before the game.

Seemed to me he was getting caught square on rather than on the half turn, and nobody is going to catch sterling if that happens.
However seemed that our players didn't know if they should press or hold and therefore got in no mans land and got played around. Liverpool beat City with a full press, Others have got results fully sitting. Doing half of these means either they play round you, or you give them the opportunity to look up and knock it long.

We don't know what the instructions were, but swap Toby in for that game and with his experience may have started on the half turn, but would have still been out-paced.

Seemed to me it was Jesus he didn’t keep up with, when he went one on one with Sterling he’d got back goalside before Sterling shanked it wide.

I feel like Sanchez needs some love, some recognition.

Considering its only his second year in europe, his age, and the amount of football we have asked of him (Im sure he was intended to be used more sparingly but Alderweirelds injury...)

I think he has been nothing short of sensational.

Yes, he has made mistakes. And yes, a few have cost us. But look at him, if he is this good right off the bat - how good will he be in a couple of seasons? Pace, power, strength, composure, aggression... I think he has been brilliant and Im genuinely excited to watch him grow with us.

I feel like Sanchez needs some love, some recognition.

Considering its only his second year in europe, his age, and the amount of football we have asked of him (Im sure he was intended to be used more sparingly but Alderweirelds injury...)

I think he has been nothing short of sensational.

Yes, he has made mistakes. And yes, a few have cost us. But look at him, if he is this good right off the bat - how good will he be in a couple of seasons? Pace, power, strength, composure, aggression... I think he has been brilliant and Im genuinely excited to watch him grow with us.

Could not agree more, he has a great future in front of him and i hope he is here for a long time.

Excellent news.

I dont know if people are just bitter Alderweireld was injured or something, but I just cant believe he isnt getting more recognition.

The lad is 20, and IMO has been outstanding, having acclimated in record time.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if his progress this season is behind our apparent will to let Toby go!

Show Sanchez the love!

Back