• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I didn’t see the incident but some on here said it was not intentional. Can’t understand why we didn’t appeal it - surely we had nothing to lose by doing so?
It did seem a bit harsh but the FA could've potentially extended Sanchez's ban from 3 to 4 matches if we lodged an appeal and they ruled against us.

i think our club poiicy is to respect the ref's decision, on and off the pitch.
don't think it works though

Nope. All it does is make the refs see us as pushovers.

Conversely, Clattenburg came out a couple of days ago and said that (iirc) he once changed a goal-kick to a corner because he was that terrified of Roy Keane's shouting. Putting the sweating, florid fear in them works. Trying to get on their side doesn't, because they'll just f*ck you and laugh it off afterward.

Nope. All it does is make the refs see us as pushovers.

Conversely, Clattenburg came out a couple of days ago and said that (iirc) he once changed a goal-kick to a corner because he was that terrified of Roy Keane's shouting. Putting the sweating, florid fear in them works. Trying to get on their side doesn't, because they'll just f*ck you and laugh it off afterward.
Maybe so but I personally don't want to see Tottenham go down that path. If that sort of approach is really the only thing standing in our way of winning big trophies then you can count me out.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see us fight like tigers to win a title or a cup, but bullying refs and all that sort of nonsense is just plain boorish and if you only win titles by being boorish then in my estimation those trophies lose something of their lustre.

But I happen to believe we can win trophies without resorting to artfulness. Yes it may take a little while longer but even now we are not that far away from being good enough to consistently outsmart the best with the brilliance of our football.

Keep the faith!

I think it was a red card as the arm was high, if he'd done the same foul but across his chest he'd probably only get a yellow.

i think our club poiicy is to respect the ref's decision, on and off the pitch.
don't think it works though
If that's our policy I don't think this is an example of it.

I think the success rate of appeals when the red can be defended is extremely low. The PL will defend the refs by siding with them whenever they can, a decent enough approach.

I think Pochettino is taking an approach with little complaining about refs to get our players to take responsibility instead of blaming the ref.

If that's our policy I don't think this is an example of it.

I think the success rate of appeals when the red can be defended is extremely low. The PL will defend the refs by siding with them whenever they can, a decent enough approach.

I think Pochettino is taking an approach with little complaining about refs to get our players to take responsibility instead of blaming the ref.

I do agree, however you know as well as i do that fans will ALWAYS blame the refs no matter what ( unless we win of course) ;)

I like this boy but he's not the finished article, he bring the ball forward well but experienced forwards back into him, commit niggly fouls and manage to get him off his game, it takes time to learn to play the dark arts at this level. Lot of potential though.

It’s Incredible how integral he has made himself to our defence in such a short time. Even more so given his age and lack of PL experience.

I like this boy but he's not the finished article, he bring the ball forward well but experienced forwards back into him, commit niggly fouls and manage to get him off his game, it takes time to learn to play the dark arts at this level. Lot of potential though.

He is top drawer, King and Sol were making more mistakes or playing in midfield at his age, the bloke is gonna be one of the best in the world

Hopefully he falls in love with us and is happy to accept "mediocre" wages

You would hope so because he chose to join us from Ajax in the summer on the wages we are paying him, so I would think he is happy on all fronts

Back