• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

You have to laugh at the moaning about the red card, if that had happened to Kane or any of our players by a opposing player then i am sure they would be screaming for a red card to be given.

Talk about blue tinted glasses.

For be fair they kicked the brick out of Kane and got away with it
Lately the referees have let bookings slide because they don’t want to be that ref....
in the game yesterday it was a red IMO but with the new fit of a replay IMO sit was a booing which is what would normally be given now

see Poche at the end take on atkinson ? tinkled as hell we got a crappy ref and a decision that has potentially cost us big time

Maybe a blessing, Colombia to Ajax playing every game, then to us with a short pre season and playing near enough every game. Not to mention trips back to South America to play for the NT. Hopefully a well earned rest before firing the second half of the season.

Also thinking, with our defence struggling to play out from the back as well, maybe it’s an opportunity to test Foyth, and play Davies on the left and use KWP a little more in his place.

As long as we still get top 6 this year given we don’t have a home, there are worse outcomes than getting some of the younger players up to speed quicker in a more low pressure environment.

Maybe a blessing, Colombia to Ajax playing every game, then to us with a short pre season and playing near enough every game. Not to mention trips back to South America to play for the NT. Hopefully a well earned rest before firing the second half of the season.

Also thinking, with our defence struggling to play out from the back as well, maybe it’s an opportunity to test Foyth, and play Davies on the left and use KWP a little more in his place.

As long as we still get top 6 this year given we don’t have a home, there are worse outcomes than getting some of the younger players up to speed quicker in a more low pressure environment.
Top 6 won't cut it. We have a chance of sementing our place among the big guns in the CL. If we fail to get top 4 this season, it can have big consequences for the future.

Top 6 won't cut it. We have a chance of sementing our place among the big guns in the CL. If we fail to get top 4 this season, it can have big consequences for the future.

It won’t. And frankly we can’t have the expectation that we finish top 4 every year, because it’s ludicrous. 2 good teams need to miss out each year, and sometimes it will be us.

The key to retaining good players in the future will be paying them more money, and the way to do that is by building the stadium.

Not to mention a season out of the CL doesn’t have to be a disaster. Look at Chelsea finishing 10th and then winning the league. It’s all about the stadium, get that up and running and then we have a chance to really establish ourselves. Being the best team in the country over the last 2 years was about 5 years ahead of schedule if not more. But it’s all about the stadium. We get that and we can be happy.

You have to laugh at the moaning about the red card, if that had happened to Kane or any of our players by a opposing player then i am sure they would be screaming for a red card to be given.

Talk about blue tinted glasses.
Agreed, and I gave Atkinson brick all game AND let's not forget his worst decision saved us a point.

Some of this squad wont be here next season CL or not, we wont go after the players that we need for the next level next season CL or not.

Stadium may get paid off a bit quicker, but thats it.

I for one would be interested to see how we do with out European football, as that has been the excuse for not winning the league the last two seasons.

It won’t. And frankly we can’t have the expectation that we finish top 4 every year, because it’s ludicrous. 2 good teams need to miss out each year, and sometimes it will be us.

The key to retaining good players in the future will be paying them more money, and the way to do that is by building the stadium.

Not to mention a season out of the CL doesn’t have to be a disaster. Look at Chelsea finishing 10th and then winning the league. It’s all about the stadium, get that up and running and then we have a chance to really establish ourselves. Being the best team in the country over the last 2 years was about 5 years ahead of schedule if not more. But it’s all about the stadium. We get that and we can be happy.

If we do not make top 4 this year then there will be an exodus this summer, this winter transfer window is massive for Levy he has to get some in early in Jan, Barkley and another attacker

Some of this squad wont be here next season CL or not, we wont go after the players that we need for the next level next season CL or not.

Stadium may get paid off a bit quicker, but thats it.

I for one would be interested to see how we do with out European football, as that has been the excuse for not winning the league the last two seasons.

We wont have the same team and will only attract average players

I don't think everyone is expecting us to finish top 4 every year. However, seeing how some fans categorise our squad (best GK in the league, best defence in the league, best striker in the league, one of the best midfields), it is hardly an unrealistic expectation is it? Currently? Now I actually don't agree with all of those classifications but I do think it is not unreasonable to expect us to do considering our squad and its make up. If we somehow managed to pick up Messi, Kroos and Hummels on free transfers, we wouldn't be able to say oh but look how cheap the squad is. We've managed to assemble a great squad on a cheap price, great. I think it is fair to say now that that squad is one of the best 4 in the league.

Atletico needs to be the model tbh, rather than complaining by some about money. To have won the league (and other trophies they have recently), as well as reaching the CL final, with less resources than us, is incredible. Against better teams than our domestic competition as well.

I'm also slightly worried about fan's expectations of the stadium tbh. For so many, it seems to be a silver bullet. Once we get into the stadium, we'll be able to pay players what they want, we'll be right up there etc etc. Unfortunately I don't think that is true unfortunately. For one thing, the opposite happened for Arsenal. Went from a league winning club to a club that for ages didn't win trophies at all and then a club still in turmoil despite winning 3 FA cups in 4 years (a tally I'd love btw) and finishing in the top 4 every season bar 1.

Then you look at the actual finances. I'm using 2015/2016 figures but there are probably more recent ones. Our matchday income during that season was 41 million. The top matchday incomes in the world come from Man Utd ( 103) and Arsenal (100). Only the 2 Spanish giants come close (96 and 91). TV and commercial income make up the bulk of the top clubs incomes.

Even if you assume that jump up to the maximum of around 100. Even if you assume that we'll suddenly and immediately be able to pay off the stadium cost (which looks to be huge). We'll jump above Juventus and Borussia Dortmund. We'd still be...6th in the table revenue wise. Quite a bit behind Liverpool and still sharply behind the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the 2 Manchester clubs.

I am also very excited about the stadium but I fear some may need to temper their expectations of what it can do for us a bit.

Back