• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Perhaps Levy was really impressed by Sanchez in Europa Cup... just like how he was desperate to sign Sissoko on the back of his performances against us in 15/16!

Levy would I doubt be anywhere near player identification.
Architects and Financiers would be more his areas of influence I would have thought.

He isn't trying to stop people discussing the value to over-keen rozzer, you!
He said people shouldn't fixate on it. Surely there's a difference.
One's about shutting down debate, the other is about broadening the scope of it.

I think that he was saying that discussion about price was pointless with Barkley because we don't have the inside track.

I think that he was saying that discussion about price was pointless with Barkley because we don't have the inside track.

I once had a teacher at school who used to intone " read the question, answer the question". One of the best pieces of advice ever given in my opinion. Sometimes one needs to read what a person is saying, to understand what a person is saying!

Wow. It's almost as if the theory of opportunity cost has ceased to exist.

I think, as with most theories, football is something of an anomoly.

There is only what you did, and did it work?

I understand, if we dont spend £40m on Sanchez maybe we buy two £20m players who turn into world class talents... So its not as simple as "just pay the money and dont worry"...

That said, who knows what else we would do, if we did anything? And thats where football stands outside of a lot of these ideas.

So it really is just ifs buts and maybes outside of the things you actually do.

In a wider point, on this matter, I actually think we are in something of a luxurious position. In years gone by we needed X Y and Z and getting them was crucial to any chance of success.

Not now.

We have an excellent team, and really just need to look at depth/the future. Much less potential risk in opportunities missed IMO.

I once had a teacher at school who used to intone " read the question, answer the question". One of the best pieces of advice ever given in my opinion. Sometimes one needs to read what a person is saying, to understand what a person is saying!

What have I missed?

No, it IS up to the club to value the player, not you, not me, not Danny Rose. DL together with Poch and the management team decide on a player's value - to Spurs. At this moment in time, we have no idea what that price is. So your argument is totally premature at best.

You have said he could be a very good player. That's the fundamental point. Everything else is for the club, not you, to decide.

http://www.football365.com/news/ajax-chief-speaks-out-over-tottenhams-42m-sanchez-move

“The state of affairs is that we are still talking,” Overmars told Voetbalzone.nl. “There is no definite yes or no. Ultimately, of course, it is the price.

“You read so much. He’s a hundred meters away in a hotel so he’s not in London for a medical, but the manager wants players who are 100 per cent motivated and want to win the match. Sánchez is not there.

“But a lot can change in 24 hours.

“I can not explain to you everything that has been discussed internally. I can assure you that we really want him to play, and that there are no other clubs in for him. There is only one club we’re negotiating with.

“We would like to build a team like the team we reached the Europa League finals with, which is of course our first ambition. The money comes at two. But it’s not easy to keep the boys on board with the power of English or other clubs.”

I think, as with most theories, football is something of an anomoly.

There is only what you did, and did it work?

I understand, if we dont spend £40m on Sanchez maybe we buy two £20m players who turn into world class talents... So its not as simple as "just pay the money and dont worry"...

That said, who knows what else we would do, if we did anything? And thats where football stands outside of a lot of these ideas.

So it really is just ifs buts and maybes outside of the things you actually do.

That's the nature of an opportunity cost most of the time outside football too I think. You don't know what would have happened had you made a different choice. It's a perfectly valid point to make.

That's the nature of an opportunity cost most of the time outside football too I think. You don't know what would have happened had you made a different choice. It's a perfectly valid point to make.
It is, but I guess the other worry with Levy is that the options might be
Spend £40m on a player
Spend £20m on 2 players
Spend £8m on Sancho Panza and keep £32m for tiling the toilets at NWHL

Its not exactly. With football it is literally an unknown, just ifs buts and maybes. Nothing even close to certain.

If I run a factory I have much more reliable info to look at it on. I know how much staff cost, I know how productive they will be. I know how much machines cost and how productive they will be. I know (in the short term at least) how much materials cost. Therefore if I put my money in one place and not another, I can fairly reliably measure what I missed out upon.

In football? No chance. Its just a mystery.

Of course there is an opportunity cost, but IMHO its basically unquantifiable.

http://www.football365.com/news/ajax-chief-speaks-out-over-tottenhams-42m-sanchez-move

“The state of affairs is that we are still talking,” Overmars told Voetbalzone.nl. “There is no definite yes or no. Ultimately, of course, it is the price.

“You read so much. He’s a hundred meters away in a hotel so he’s not in London for a medical, but the manager wants players who are 100 per cent motivated and want to win the match. Sánchez is not there.

“But a lot can change in 24 hours.

“I can not explain to you everything that has been discussed internally. I can assure you that we really want him to play, and that there are no other clubs in for him. There is only one club we’re negotiating with.

“We would like to build a team like the team we reached the Europa League finals with, which is of course our first ambition. The money comes at two. But it’s not easy to keep the boys on board with the power of English or other clubs.”
That's from the pre-match presser yesterday evening.
Reports of a deal finally being struck emerged close to midnight.

It is, but I guess the other worry with Levy is that the options might be
Spend £40m on a player
Spend £20m on 2 players
Spend £8m on Sancho Panza and keep £32m for tiling the toilets at NWHL
Oooh... I like the sound of this Sancho Panza....

Especially if it means some nice Roman style mosaic designs in the new facilities!

Maybe if we keep our transfer spending low we can even stretch to those hi-tech Japanese @rse washing loos to make my life far more comfortable on the occasions when I have played burger roulette at one of the vans surrounding the stadium an stuck all my money on black only for it to turn out red.

Oooh... I like the sound of this Sancho Panza....

Especially if it means some nice Roman style mosaic designs in the new facilities!

Maybe if we keep our transfer spending low we can even stretch to those hi-tech Japanese @rse washing loos to make my life far more comfortable on the occasions when I have played burger roulette at one of the vans surrounding the stadium an stuck all my money on black only for it to turn out red.

Can recommend the loos, one of my great all time buys!

Back