• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Ginola

Bookmakers stunt?
Yeah he is being backed by Paddy Power. They've got a track record of unusual publicity stunts. My bet is that he will pull out before the nominations close. The newspaper coverage is all that they are after.

Apart from being a relatively recent player, he has also been a UN celeb for good causes. So ticks the box for profile.

I don't recall him being involved in anything negative. Ticks the box for clean.

For all the good he might do, FIFA is riddled with corrution great & small, nepotism, cliques, and skulduggery aplenty - he'd need a lot of support.

Better to let FIFA crash & burn - if you took Western Europe & South America out to form a new group things might then change for the better.

Yeh I think this could be more than just a stunt, firstly he is French and that stands well in World Football, as Whiffler mentions he ticks the box for working within an organisation such as the UN, in an Ex footballer and has that wow profile that could just win him votes with nations that like to have their photo taken with stars.

Would like to see how this pans out

Yeh I think this could be more than just a stunt, firstly he is French and that stands well in World Football, as Whiffler mentions he ticks the box for working within an organisation such as the UN, in an Ex footballer and has that wow profile that could just win him votes with nations that like to have their photo taken with stars.

Would like to see how this pans out
In order to be eligible he has to demonstrate that he has been actively involved in football administration within the last two years and have the backing of five national associations. Both of which are going to be very difficult/impossible.

In order to be eligible he has to demonstrate that he has been actively involved in football administration within the last two years and have the backing of five national associations. Both of which are going to be very difficult/impossible.

Just waiting now for RSol to pop up.

you have to be corrupt, power crazy and basically a bad 'un to be fifa president, daveed doesn't qualify

Do any women get a vote ?

david-ginola_main_1450362a.jpg

I can't see this being a serious attempt

"Ginola told Sky Sports News HQ that his bid was genuine and he is busy trying to garner the necessary support before the end of the month. He needs the backing of five member football associations in order to prevent his campaign being stopped in its tracks.

He said: "We are not laughing about this. You can laugh if you want. We are taking this seriously. I am not a politician but I am very confident that in the next few days people will be behind me. We see the campaign as something very positive for the people and for the world of football.

"The main priority is to get the support of five different football associations before the end of January. This is something that we have worked on for weeks and months. We have nine different policies we want to put in place, we want to restore trust in FIFA.

"There are no guarantees that we will get that support, but we will be working on this very hard. You look at the candidates who are standing, they may have worked or are working for FIFA, but I am an independent candidate and I think it is good to have such a voice in a debate. Things must change. FIFA has a duty to leave a positive legacy and our first initiative is to work on tax.

"When you have the World Cup and you get four billion dollars out of it I think the least you can do is give something back to the country. Because of that we want to work with the community and I think the $250m would have been well received by the local community in Brazil.

"I am not against the other candidates who are standing, Mr Blatter, Jerome Champagne or Prince Ali. I am just doing my best for the fans and the game."

Back