• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Beckham just wants his knighthood

How dare you! Tongue in cheek of course but I couldn't disagree more with you.

He was not overrated at all. A talent we couldn't keep hold of and turned out to be an awesome player that played for the biggest club in the world. He was world class, he performed on that stage. I really don't get why people say he was overrated. He won medals and played in different leagues and played with the galacticos. That is clearly not overrated. His passing ability alone was pure world class. His free kicks. Well.

But, to stick up for him, he went from zero to hero as he was one of if not the most hated footballer in England in 1998. He turned that around and has now become one of the nations most loved footballers/celebrities.

If Kelly Holmes, Andy Murray, Bradley fcuking drug taking Wiggins, and sportsman like Lee Pearson for equestrian can get it then Beckham deserves it IMO.

Also, if Bruce bloody Forsythe can get one for his contribution to the UK and his bricke shows then surely Sir Becks is soon for his work on the tele.

Sorry mate but that really is gonad*s, a truely world class player once said about him ," he can not head a ball, he can not dribble/beat a man, he has no pace, his left foot is brick, he can not tackle, so what in hell makes him world class"

Sorry mate but that really is cobblers, a truely world class player once said about him ," he can not head a ball, he can not dribble/beat a man, he has no pace, his left foot is brick, he can not tackle, so what in hell makes him world class"
Yeh you've won it mate!

Sad thing is, the majority of spurs fans can't appreciate any player other than those that grace white hart lane. There is so much jealousy in this world it's very sad.

No one on here will change my mind, as I may not change anyone's mind. But the fact remains that beckham will get his knighthood and he will deserve it. Fact remains that Beckham was world class and won pretty much every trophy he could. Fact is, I'm also the bollox.

Yeh you've won it mate!

Sad thing is, the majority of spurs fans can't appreciate any player other than those that grace white hart lane. There is so much jealousy in this world it's very sad.

No one on here will change my mind, as I may not change anyone's mind. But the fact remains that beckham will get his knighthood and he will deserve it. Fact remains that Beckham was world class and won pretty much every trophy he could. Fact is, I'm also the bollox.

Well i do appreciate other teams players( for example i think Wheelchair is a very good player if he could stay fit) and judge most on what they can do, but its your opinion and of course you have a right to believe that. Beckham is/was a brand that imo never lived up to the hype behind that brand.

Well i do appreciate other teams players( for example i think Wheelchair is a very good player if he could stay fit) and judge most on what they can do, but its your opinion and of course you have a right to believe that. Beckham is/was a brand that imo never lived up to the hype behind that brand.
Mate you are entitle to your opinion and that's the wonder of freedom of speech. I respect your opinion but don't agree with it, and others that just think he was a good player in a great team.

It's also the big debate of are they world class and what do you class as world class.

Mate you are entitle to your opinion and that's the wonder of freedom of speech. I respect your opinion but don't agree with it, and others that just think he was a good player in a great team.

It's also the big debate of are they world class and what do you class as world class.

Very true, personally i think the handle " world class" is thrown around far to often about many players, but i guess that is the way the game has gone in todays game.

This debate about world class will go on forever and ever long after we grace this earth and that's the beauty of football and opinions. I don't think I'm wrong when I say what I say, it's not as though I'm saying Robbie Savage was world class or deserves a knighthood but he was a "good player". But I can sort of understand why the debate is there about Beckham, I just go that extra mile and think he was an outstanding player. Those that don't believe that might think Savage and Beckham had the same ability, but let's not get into Robbie Savage as ultimately, he was just ok!

This debate about world class will go on forever and ever long after we grace this earth and that's the beauty of football and opinions. I don't think I'm wrong when I say what I say, it's not as though I'm saying Robbie Savage was world class or deserves a knighthood but he was a "good player". But I can sort of understand why the debate is there about Beckham, I just go that extra mile and think he was an outstanding player. Those that don't believe that might think Savage and Beckham had the same ability, but let's not get into Robbie Savage as ultimately, he was just ok!

Not me, i am not a fan of brand Beckham but he IS better then "taco on legs" Savage:)

To me he was an excellent player, just not quite world class.
It wouldn't bother me if he did get a knighthood, it's not as if it would be an outrageous call in this day when imo they are given away far too easily.
The fact that he is such a brand is what's probably hurting his chances, I suspect it would viewed that he would just be using it to push the brand.

I think anyone who wants a knighthood should be given one.

I know you are being sarcastic, but this is the one thing that should disqualify anyone in my opinion.

Do your best in your field of endeavour, do something above and beyond to help your community or the country, and then I'm sympathetic. But a desire for the dong kills my interest.

To me he was an excellent player, just not quite world class.
It wouldn't bother me if he did get a knighthood, it's not as if it would be an outrageous call in this day when imo they are given away far too easily.
The fact that he is such a brand is what's probably hurting his chances, I suspect it would viewed that he would just be using it to push the brand.
Ah without a doubt, that's probably what he wants,in fact I'm sure that's his ultimate goal. The guy loves himself but who wouldn't if you were an attractive guy with money that has been a global superstar In his profession. He has done well as he isn't a Messi or a Ronaldo, that's not a debate. I just think he's done far more than some (not just on here) give him credit for.

John o'shea has five premier league titles. Winning things in a team is not necessarily a reflection of an individual being great. I'd honestly say that he wasn't in the top 5 brits to play for united in 'his' era. And as has been said, his Real move was not a football signing, but a marketing one.....

Ah without a doubt, that's probably what he wants,in fact I'm sure that's his ultimate goal. The guy loves himself but who wouldn't if you were an attractive guy with money that has been a global superstar In his profession. He has done well as he isn't a Messi or a Ronaldo, that's not a debate. I just think he's done far more than some (not just on here) give him credit for.
He does portray himself in Media as a bit of a narcissus, but I think that's purely a fake persona.
It's made him a ton of money and good luck to him, to me though that's not really him.

As a player the one thing he lacked that could have made world of difference to his game was pace, he was so one paced it was incredible. It's why he was reluctant to beat a man, he knew if if he went past him he would get very quickly caught againbecause he couldn't get away.
It's a pity a player like Gazza, who had it all, didnt have his mindset, they truly would have been world class. But then it wouldn't have been Gazza.

My best mate's mum once bought me his aftershave for Christmas. I was pretty underwhelmed.

Wore it out one night as I was in a rush and I've never had so many compliments and attention. Buy it every now and then still ;)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
Classic, Intimayely, Instinct? Classic is very good. They are also very affordable I have to admit. Most do for work, and when I'm in a rushing need to find something quick. I actually like them but they are not your Fahrenheits or Boss bottle.

More importantly what's your best mates mum buying you a Christmas present for?! ;)

Back