• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

The sunderland fans are going on like he is the next Roberto Carlos. 1 even said he would pay anything upto 12mill for him.

O’Neill told the Gazette: “We’ve not spoken to Tottenham about it in any sort of formal way.

“I think Tottenham are happy he’s plying his trade here, and I think Ekotto is coming into fitness now.

“So while they have the ability to recall him in January, they might feel they are well enough stocked now.”

If Rose was relatively unknown when he joined Sunderland, that is no longer the case on the back of a string of fine performances from the 22-year-old who seems to have improved with almost every one of his 13 league appearances so far.

O’Neill agreed: “Danny has improved immensely since he arriving and I think there’s a bit more to come as well.

“He’s got a bit of confidence now.

“When he first got here I think he was conscious of avoiding making too many mistakes.

“That was his focus.

“But he’s playing with a bit more freedom now. He’s feeling more confident.

“He said himself that playing in the Under 21s is a completely different experience from the intensity of the Premier League and that has been tough for him.

“He’s had to learn how to deal with that.

“Initially he was happy just to give the ball to someone in front of him but now he’s looking to make things happen himself and he’s doing very well.”

Rose is currently sidelined after suffering an ankle injury in the game against Reading a week ago which forced him out of Saturday’s 3-1 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford.

But the defender’s knock is not too serious and he could be back for Sunderland’s game against fellow strugglers Southampton at St Mary’s this Saturday.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/spurs-can-recall-sunderland-loan-star-danny-rose-1-5233926

Interesting, didn't think players on full season loans between PL sides could be recalled. Maybe we only have a half a season deal that can then be extended.

Probably better for his development to stay there and get games week in week out rather than come back and be a backup player anyway, O'Neill has said that he would like to sign Rose permanently, but I doubt we would sell him at this point.

I do not rate him at all as a FB, the only way we should keep him if he is used as a back up flank player.

I disagree massively. I think he looks tailor made to be a good left back.... Quick enough, strong enough and good enough on the ball, can beat a player on the outside and seems to have good delivery with his left foot. I don't think he is quite good enough at receiving the ball in tight spaces or dynamic enough to be a really effective left winger, but as he is gradually learning to defend properly with more and more games at left back he is looking better and better. I would leave him at Sunderland for the whole season and then by next season I think we'll have a genuine alternative option to Ekotto.

I disagree massively. I think he looks tailor made to be a good left back.... Quick enough, strong enough and good enough on the ball, can beat a player on the outside and seems to have good delivery with his left foot. I don't think he is quite good enough at receiving the ball in tight spaces or dynamic enough to be a really effective left winger, but as he is gradually learning to defend properly with more and more games at left back he is looking better and better. I would leave him at Sunderland for the whole season and then by next season I think we'll have a genuine alternative option to Ekotto.

I think after a full season with Sunderland there's no chance he wants to come back and sit on the bench for 95% of games. Yeah I think he would be good back up but now he's had a year away and knows he can hold his own at an established PL club I reckon he will just end up leaving in the summer and we'll cash in and buy another LB instead.

I think after a full season with Sunderland there's no chance he wants to come back and sit on the bench for 95% of games. Yeah I think he would be good back up but now he's had a year away and knows he can hold his own at an established PL club I reckon he will just end up leaving in the summer and we'll cash in and buy another LB instead.

Why would it be 95% of games?

Imo Bae and Rose as Lb's would be a decent combination to have, simply because they are very different players. There could be tactical choices to picking one over the other.

Bae in the games in which we would have to defend more, and Rose against the teams that will sit back and defend just like Swansea yesterday.

I would like Danny back, as I think we need a strong squad to get top 4 and a trophy.

I understand if he doesn't come bcak, but I'd rather get half a season out of him, and then if he wants to move on fine, but he could win something with us this season, he ain't gonna do that with the Mackems.

If things go well, he could play about 12 Cup games or more, let alone Prem matches.

Lets hope that MON really likes him enough to buy him at the end of the season, he will never be a LB here.

I dont think £12m for a talented young English player in todays market who can play LB/LM is that good a deal to be honest....

Lets hope that MON really likes him enough to buy him at the end of the season, he will never be a LB here.

Why won't he? He's already a decent player who is learning and will only get better. Please inform me of all the world class LBs we've had in the past....

Why would it be 95% of games?

Imo Bae and Rose as Lb's would be a decent combination to have, simply because they are very different players. There could be tactical choices to picking one over the other.

Bae in the games in which we would have to defend more, and Rose against the teams that will sit back and defend just like Swansea yesterday.

Agree. You need two players per position and we'll play 50-60 games per season by the time you include say 10+ in Europe and one decent domestic cup run. Thats enough to give two players enough match time

Why won't he? He's already a decent player who is learning and will only get better. Please inform me of all the world class LBs we've had in the past....

And a better LB who we could get (i) for cheaper than we would sell him for and (ii) who would be happy to be BAE's back up

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes
AVB says permanent Safc deal for Rose is "completely impossible, we have big expectations for him in the future."

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes
AVB on Rose continued: "our idea is that he comes back to Tottenham next year." #Safc

\o/\o/\o/

Back