• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Frankly, the NHS staff give us the gift of keeping us alive and well so we don't need anything more than basic first aid knowledge to get through life.
They can eat what the hell they like.

And If pizza, booze and fags is what they need to get through, it says far more about the society we have than the NHS workers lifestyle.

I promise it wasn't my intention to start off a debate about fat people in the Danny Rose thread but it's funny how things go around full circle!

I do try not to judge people but I've been in for a check up where a nurse is telling me to eat 7/8 portions of fruit and veg when it seems like the nurse must have considered terrys chocolate orange to be one of her 7/8 a day. It makes it hard to take any other advice seriously from these people and I have issues with medical staff as it is.

No it's clear that I'm a monster that made Jesus weep for questioning it. If your hearts in the right place (or at least your social media makes it look that way and you get a good backhander from the involved company) it doesn't matter whether it's actually helpful or not apparently!

As I eluded to though, it is a gripe of mine and I understand NHS staff are not being force fed pizza. However, for the ones who actually would rather not, in a social setting it's sticking your head above the parapet to look ungrateful and suddenly you feel inclined to justify yourself. Those on the other side of the fence will say just politely decline, what's the big deal? You're made out to look ungrateful and maybe it is cause I've mainly worked with bellends so I have a negative view of it.

Like most of my recent posts during this time I'm just essentially highlighting flashpoints that bought on interpersonal issues that happened ages ago that I'm insecure about; I don't have Spurs to tinkle me off or give me that rare lift of endorphins so gotta bitch about something on here!
And that’s fair
Your adding context and that’s all cool

carer's curse - the people who are best at looking after others often fail to look after themselves as well as they need

Doesnt seem to be that way in the US though does it? Might not be true at all but I always got the impression that a majority of the doctors and nurses you see there look quite healthy. I have zero evidence to back that up though. I wonder what it's like in other countries?

Doesnt seem to be that way in the US though does it? Might not be true at all but I always got the impression that a majority of the doctors and nurses you see there look quite healthy. I have zero evidence to back that up though. I wonder what it's like in other countries?

I've worked in Australia before (and a little bit in South America especially, particularly Argentina and Colombia).

I think it will surprise nobody that the workers (and just everyone) were far more attractive in South America but in Australia, people were also far more attractive. People were slimmer and just generally looked healthier than they do here.

The one thing I will say is that shift working is brutal and, depending on where you are, the work may be non stop. I have had had shifts before where the bleep is non stop and I have genuinely gone 12 hour shifts without eating, drinking or going to pee because work was incessant. In those circumstances, if you're rushing around wards and somebody offers you a chocolate or a pizza slice, for some that is all they'll be able to have. Perhaps they feel they need the sugar rush too (for the chocolate).

Still doesn't excuse the reaction the many times I have tried to substitute (or even introduce as an option) something healthy for the chocolates.

Maybe explains why so many of them go down ill then.

I absolutely respect the workers in the NHS but they need educating if they prefer pizza to beautiful fruit and lovely fruit waters.

I know which i would prefer. I have a health issue so on the whole eat properly and then the is tatse factor.

The NHS staff might do an important job but there also probably the sort of chavs who watch itv talent shows.
I am fairly confident that my sister is better educated than you, she is certainly better educated than I am. Luckily there are still people who will choose medicine, despite having more than enough intelligence and drive to easily instead walk into high paid finance or law jobs.

‘Chavs’ is a strange label to give some of the brightest, best educated, hardest working, compassionate people in the country (doctors, surgeons and nurses). Maybe some of those chavs will save your life one day?

And that’s fair
Your adding context and that’s all cool

I should've made it clearer of my appreciation initially but also my natural tendancy to question things. It's the thought that "as long as your hearts in the right place it doesn't matter what you're doing" when there have been times when it's definitely worsened a situation...It is better to do something rather than to criticise others but sometimes it's a conversation to be had rather than everyone just high five-ing each other cause we're all so helpful and philanthropic.

Still, nice to see Rose making contributions to the domestic violence charities. He is honest, which works well at times e.g saying how he hadn't considered the impact that the Covid 19 would've had on people stuck in abusive situations until he read an article (or something like that), but works badly in others ie when he said that 20k was nothing and he'd easily spend that on a night out in London (or something like that).

I proooobably shouldn't mention that this idea of "raising awareness" (mentioned in Danny's message of support) of things like abuse / rape / famine gets to me a bit, because we all should be instinctively aware that abuse / rape / famine are terrible things and it's a big worry for society as a whole if there's people out there who aren't aware but that's by the by....or just defo for randomination...

I am fairly confident that my sister is better educated than you, she is certainly better educated than I am. Luckily there are still people who will choose medicine, despite having more than enough intelligence and drive to easily instead walk into high paid finance or law jobs.

‘Chavs’ is a strange label to give some of the brightest, best educated, hardest working, compassionate people in the country (doctors, surgeons and nurses). Maybe some of those chavs will save your life one day?
The NHS is a lot more than doctors and nurses though.

I should've made it clearer of my appreciation initially but also my natural tendancy to question things. It's the thought that "as long as your hearts in the right place it doesn't matter what you're doing" when there have been times when it's definitely worsened a situation...It is better to do something rather than to criticise others but sometimes it's a conversation to be had rather than everyone just high five-ing each other cause we're all so helpful and philanthropic.

Still, nice to see Rose making contributions to the domestic violence charities. He is honest, which works well at times e.g saying how he hadn't considered the impact that the Covid 19 would've had on people stuck in abusive situations until he read an article (or something like that), but works badly in others ie when he said that 20k was nothing and he'd easily spend that on a night out in London (or something like that).

I proooobably shouldn't mention that this idea of "raising awareness" (mentioned in Danny's message of support) of things like abuse / rape / famine gets to me a bit, because we all should be instinctively aware that abuse / rape / famine are terrible things and it's a big worry for society as a whole if there's people out there who aren't aware but that's by the by....or just defo for randomination...

I'd say that DV increasing during the lockdown isn't an obvious consequence to most. Of course when you mention it to someone, they will immediately empathise, but I'm sure most people didn't instinctively think of domestic abuse when they were being asked to stay in their homes

That much seems clear to me seeing as politicians are only now thinking of solutions because they've been presented with the numbers (by my wife and others)

Yep, porters, admin staff, receptionists, radiologists, PTs, OTs, etc. I can’t say I’ve noticed many ‘chavs’ on my visits though, anywhere other than in the waiting room of course.
I've rarely seen a person behind a desk at an NHS hospital I would consider a chav.

Graze cows are accurate terms for most of them too.

I've worked in Australia before (and a little bit in South America especially, particularly Argentina and Colombia).

I think it will surprise nobody that the workers (and just everyone) were far more attractive in South America but in Australia, people were also far more attractive. People were slimmer and just generally looked healthier than they do here.

The one thing I will say is that shift working is brutal and, depending on where you are, the work may be non stop. I have had had shifts before where the bleep is non stop and I have genuinely gone 12 hour shifts without eating, drinking or going to pee because work was incessant. In those circumstances, if you're rushing around wards and somebody offers you a chocolate or a pizza slice, for some that is all they'll be able to have. Perhaps they feel they need the sugar rush too (for the chocolate).

Still doesn't excuse the reaction the many times I have tried to substitute (or even introduce as an option) something healthy for the chocolates.

the response might be explained because you're adding a decision point/willpower sap in said hectic/high pressure environment - people are at their limit, they need/want comfort, and in some ways not having a healthy choice available can mean that the unhealthy choice is guilt-free (or at least, less guilty feeling). come on man, you said you've worked in the NHS right? are you actually surprised people project things every day there.

Im sure she is better educated than me. I consider chav a mindset. So you can be intelligent and a chav, if you watch certain tv shows if you have a tattoo your a chav that is my opinion.

I was in hospital i thanked the doctors and nurses for doing their job, and i never thank any other professionals for doing their jobs so i must hold them in high regard.

Think i told the story on here once before about how i was in hospital waiting to see a consultant and two men walked along the corridor one asian and one white with stupid ink drawings up his arm. You have no idea how relieved i was when the asian guy held out his hand and introduced himself.

You can think what you like about the NHS and although i have private health care(still with nurses with fcuking tattoos) i on the whole think the NHS is a force for good and worth saving investing in and protecting for the future. If you dont think the are chavs working in them come down to Worthing hospital sometime. You will see them in the park opposite next to the over flow car park smoking their ciggies.

Chavs dont have to be lay about benefit cheats, their scum. Chavs just have to have tattoos and watch the only way is Essex.

Im sure she is better educated than me. I consider chav a mindset. So you can be intelligent and a chav, if you watch certain tv shows if you have a tattoo your a chav that is my opinion.

I was in hospital i thanked the doctors and nurses for doing their job, and i never thank any other professionals for doing their jobs so i must hold them in high regard.

Think i told the story on here once before about how i was in hospital waiting to see a consultant and two men walked along the corridor one asian and one white with stupid ink drawings up his arm. You have no idea how relieved i was when the asian guy held out his hand and introduced himself.

You can think what you like about the NHS and although i have private health care(still with nurses with fcuking tattoos) i on the whole think the NHS is a force for good and worth saving investing in and protecting for the future. If you dont think the are chavs working in them come down to Worthing hospital sometime. You will see them in the park opposite next to the over flow car park smoking their ciggies.

Chavs dont have to be lay about benefit cheats, their scum. Chavs just have to have tattoos and watch the only way is Essex.
They're the same nurses - often the same consultants too.

The difference is they get given more time with you, are given better kit and they're getting paid more.

Back