• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I’m not saying I agree with his stance, just outlining where he’s probably coming from.

You’re absolutely right. He signed a contract in September, got injured in January and then was bitching about a new contract that summer while he was still injured!

He's had chances to leave but turned them down

Here we see the committee at work. Poch does not agree with Levy. I'm not sure you can say Rose forced Poch out. Looks more like Poch giving Rose bad advice.
Rose single handedly forced Poch out.

Levy had to sack Poch to sell Rose

"In January, you're probably going to hear something [about my future]. I'm telling you right now that I'm not going anywhere until my contract is finished.

"Daniel Levy told me in the summer there was no new contract for me at Tottenham, which is fine. I respect that. We move on.

"My contract is up in 18 months' time and I'll leave the football club then. People [in the media] can save their time trying to get stuff ready for January about me being sold.

"Because I can tell you now: it ain't happening. I know what people were trying to do in the summer... There were no bids — that was rubbish."

"When the manager stops calling me into his office, stops giving me advice, that's when I'll think it's time to leave Tottenham,"

"But until then, I'm not going anywhere. I'm lucky to have a manager at Tottenham who, from the first day we met, has always stuck by me, regardless of anything, regardless of the rubbish in the media about me being sold or not part of his plans — all that nonsense."

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Bye Danny. This last season you have destroyed all my respect for you. A fool in football at your age is a fool forever.
He's currently third choice left back behind Davies and Vertonghen. He wouldn't have started against Bayern if the game was of any consequence. He's been given plenty of chances to play himself back to even a decent level.

It's just a question of time. Shame as he was once a great player.

I posted in the Bayern match thread the other day but it's staggering just how far Rose came from being so terrible a few years back, to then having such a great period and then dropping back to being absolutely awful again.

His gobby interviews aside, his form has barely wanted him being a premier league player the last couple of years

I posted in the Bayern match thread the other day but it's staggering just how far Rose came from being so terrible a few years back, to then having such a great period and then dropping back to being absolutely awful again.

His gobby interviews aside, his form has barely wanted him being a premier league player the last couple of years

The difference when he was originally poor is it was generally being rash/over aggressive, now it's just off the pace, bad positioning, not enough effort.

Reverted to type along with Dier. Poch managed for a period to raise their games, then he broke them and now it seems it's just beyond them at this point.

Which is a true statement. Mourinho isn't in control at Tottenham.

Please note, I was only answering a post asking where the quote was. Not also commenting on its accuracy.

On that topic then, as with most things, it’s to do with context.

Rose was very clearly being asked a question which was meant in the context of Jose being recently appointed manager of the club.

Yet he couldn’t resist letting his own agenda override this in order to make a snarky dig.

He's currently third choice left back behind Davies and Vertonghen. He wouldn't have started against Bayern if the game was of any consequence. He's been given plenty of chances to play himself back to even a decent level.

It's just a question of time. Shame as he was once a great player.

I understand Stop! Hammer time but i can not agree he was once a great player, been at the club for 12 years and the most he has played in a season in the Prem was 28 games. I agree he had a couple of good seasons but that was along with Walker and the rest of the team buzzing. In 12 seasons he has played only 154 Prem games and in most of them he looked what he is, plenty of desire, dynamism (what ever that is) but his reading of a game and where he should be has always been poor ( imo).

That and on top of his verbal diarria means the quicker he leaves the better ( imo).

I understand Stop! Hammer time but i can not agree he was once a great player, been at the club for 12 years and the most he has played in a season in the Prem was 28 games. I agree he had a couple of good seasons but that was along with Walker and the rest of the team buzzing. In 12 seasons he has played only 154 Prem games and in most of them he looked what he is, plenty of desire, dynamism (what ever that is) but his reading of a game and where he should be has always been poor ( imo).

That and on top of his verbal diarria means the quicker he leaves the better ( imo).

Always thought him and walker were good players, not great, but good.

Reverted to type along with Dier. Poch managed for a period to raise their games, then he broke them and now it seems it's just beyond them at this point.
There is a lot of truth in this. Poch got some of them playing to the max of their capability and once that energy or feeling was gone neither Poch nor the player were able to recreate it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Hoping Jose shows him he is in charge. And relegates the little gobbrick to training alone on Hackney Marshes.

I don't disagree with the sentiment of what you are saying. My sympathy with him is long gone.
But we shouldn't throw any player with known mental health issues/depression totally under the bus, that doesn't feel right to me. There's a duty of care, regardless of how much of a tw*t he is. And he has been displaying tw*t tendencies for some time.

He is clearly past his best and seems to have a grudge to bear with the club executive (i.e. Levy), albeit he is saying the right things about working hard etc.
I really hope that within his sphere of advisors, be it agents, management company, family or friends, someone is telling him that if he's not happy, then cutting his losses and moving on has to be better for him and his peace of mind than stubbornly sticking out for something (the big free-agent-pay-out) that may or may not come about.
It's just a shame that it has come to this.

I don't disagree with the sentiment of what you are saying. My sympathy with him is long gone.
But we shouldn't throw any player with known mental health issues/depression totally under the bus, that doesn't feel right to me. There's a duty of care, regardless of how much of a tw*t he is. And he has been displaying tw*t tendencies for some time.

He is clearly past his best and seems to have a grudge to bear with the club executive (i.e. Levy), albeit he is saying the right things about working hard etc.
I really hope that within his sphere of advisors, be it agents, management company, family or friends, someone is telling him that if he's not happy, then cutting his losses and moving on has to be better for him and his peace of mind than stubbornly sticking out for something (the big free-agent-pay-out) that may or may not come about.
It's just a shame that it has come to this.
Our duty of care ended the moment he made the Google comment. fudge him and his angry little man complex.

It’s hidden and buried. At the start of the very opening paragraph....

“The discussion with Danny Rose had turned towards José Mourinho and how it felt to have a manager of his winning meteorology in control at Tottenham. “Who said he’s in control of the club?” Rose shot back”

People read the headline and not the quotes - once again he doesn't say anything wrong but has a queue of people ready to slag him off

But I literally quoted the quote. Cut and pasted it in. With quote marks. It couldn’t be anymore of a quote if mr quote of quoteland quoted it in a seminar titled ‘quotes I can quote’....from a big book of quotes.

Here we see the committee at work. Poch does not agree with Levy. I'm not sure you can say Rose forced Poch out. Looks more like Poch giving Rose bad advice.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I know you are not a fan of Poch's mate, but seriously? What would you expect a manager to do? Davies was injured, Verts injured, who else would play at left-back? We had no alternatives and once again are seeing that we don't have many right now. So of course Poch was going to include him in things. Mourinho will too as long as he has no options.

Back