• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

A few for you in the first half tonight. His concentration, positioning and decision making have been poor this season.

Didn't realise you were having a clairvoyant moment 3 games ago!

Would anyone think playing Rose as a 3rd CB a good idea? He's similar to Aurier. Better on the front foot. I won't go dig up your Aurier comments from 3 games ago!

Didn't realise you were having a clairvoyant moment 3 games ago!

Would anyone think playing Rose as a 3rd CB a good idea? He's similar to Aurier. Better on the front foot. I won't go dig up your Aurier comments from 3 games ago!
So he can get caught under the ball without a line of defenders behind him to save his arse?

fudge no.

Rio and Glenn blamed Rose for his poor touch/pass/clearance/whatever it was supposed to be for the first goal.
Then they blamed him for letting a man get across him at a corner - when you are blocking the near post you should be side on and blocking any runner and getting to the ball first to stop the near post flick.
Then Rose did the same again for the second goal, allowing a man past him to get the near post flick.

It will be interesting to see what Mourinho does with Rose and Dier after those performances.

We have to get rid of DR in January

Will be interesting to see if his stance has changed since the other week.

Paraphrasing, of course, but he was essentially saying because he gets on with Poch and gets games he was more than happy to sit out his contract and refuse to be pushed out.

With Mourinho in, I wonder if he still feels as sure about things...

Rose will go over the next few windows when its right for him and the club.
L/RB is the least of our problems ATM.
I hope Jose can sort the Dier position and situation ASAP

Poor again last night and that attempted interception for their first goal was Sunday Lge play. I hope Davies in not out for long and if he is then Jan should play there.

Poor again last night and that attempted interception for their first goal was Sunday Lge play. I hope Davies in not out for long and if he is then Jan should play there.

He was good once he settled. Made a mistake so I think you're a little harsh. Love his spirit.

He really wasnt. Was poor over all, with some pretty significant errors too.

As much as he can be combative/aggressive - that doesnt compensate for the fact he is simply a shadow of his former self* at the moment and has been for some time.

*His former self being, imo, rather over rated to begin with

Amazing how happy ‘fans’ are to see Rose do badly!

Davies has played CB for Wales etc and is suited to the role. Rose is a winger turned FB. Playing CB was a new experience, and no he didn’t cover himself in glory.

However, he passed the ball forward well. And his errors defensively were not as bad as the wanna-hate-Rose ‘fans’ make out.

Running backwards he has to get something on the ball. It’s not a good clearance, but it’s a better intervention than Winks, Toby and Gazziniga make after. Winks brushed off the ball, and Gaza should have got a hand to it.

As for Rose marking the front post, I think he is being spacegoated. Maybe he could have put his arm out but the defender would have run past anyway. Not a lot Rose could do. A bigger CB might have made for a bigger obstacle. Was excellent movement from their attacker who lost Winks.

Rose is far more suited to Auriers role. I don’t think anyone would think of playing him as a CB.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Amazing how happy ‘fans’ are to see Rose do badly!

Davies has played CB for Wales etc and is suited to the role. Rose is a winger turned FB. Playing CB was a new experience, and no he didn’t cover himself in glory.

However, he passed the ball forward well. And his errors defensively were not as bad as the wanna-hate-Rose ‘fans’ make out.

Running backwards he has to get something on the ball. It’s not a good clearance, but it’s a better intervention than Winks, Toby and Gazziniga make after. Winks brushed off the ball, and Gaza should have got a hand to it.

As for Rose marking the front post, I think he is being spacegoated. Maybe he could have put his arm out but the defender would have run past anyway. Not a lot Rose could do. A bigger CB might have made for a bigger obstacle. Was excellent movement from their attacker who lost Winks.

Rose is far more suited to Auriers role. I don’t think anyone would think of playing him as a CB.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Stupid comment mate, why would any fan be happy to see us play with a player who is a liability and weakness in our side. :rolleyes:

Back