• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Transfer speculation, around Danny Rose, means fudge all to the club. It would be good news, not bad.

The problem is that he even opened his trap in the first place, inviting scrutiny, stories of discontent, and driving a wedge between board and manager.

Clubs are all in the same boat with contracts now. City and ManU don't care so much due to their greater finances.
Rose has said nothing that is even slightly new.

How is this an attempt to disrupt the club?

'In January, you're probably going to hear something [about my future]. I'm telling you right now that I'm not going anywhere until my contract is finished.

'[Chairman] Daniel Levy told me in the summer there was no new contract for me at Tottenham, which is fine. I respect that. We move on.

'I know what people were trying to do in the summer... There were no bids - that was rubbish.'

He has quite clearly stated his position and the clubs, and has attempted to negate any future transfer speculation which is actually disruptive to the club. Everyone knows where they stand. Had Eriksen come out and said this people would probably be applauding it, but as its easy target Danny Rose its as if he's said something outrageous.....

For me the issue is that he is implying there is a dysfunctional working relationship between Levy and Poch - that the 'people upstairs' are trying to get rid of him, whilst the manager has 'always stuck by' him. And his generally aggressive tone, which I think rubs people up the wrong way (including me). It's nothing to do with him being an 'easy target', whatever that even means.

Davies was woeful in the last game. He had plenty of the ball round the edge of their box, did nothing with it. Rose at least has drive and is better going forward.

Of course i forgot Rose is dynamic :rolleyes:

Why hasn't his ability elevated him to the top? Rose has kept ahead of him. Davies is a model pro. Decent defensively (most of the time). Uninspiring going forward. Rose has more bite. More drive and determination. From what I have seen.

He is still only 26 and is still better then Rose, if he gets the chance to play more on a regular basis he will become even better.

Transfer speculation, around Danny Rose, means fudge all to the club. It would be good news, not bad.

The problem is that he even opened his trap in the first place, inviting scrutiny, stories of discontent, and driving a wedge between board and manager.

As i said earlier he has made the rod for his own back with his opening his mouth every time he has the chance. Stirring the pot ( so to speak) i bet he still has to google our summer signings.

Absolutely! It is as though he is a drama-rama lover. What possible reason is there to bring this sort of thing up now, other than for self-interest? I am interested to see if this actually moves Poch to shove him out into the far corner?!

A word only you seem to use. I like Davies. But there is a reason Rose is ahead of him. He is the better player as things stand.

I'm not sure that he is ahead of him currently. Poch seems to be rotating. Davies is coming back from an injury but has featured regularly since returning. I agree that Davies had a bad game against Sheff Utd but he has put in some good performances this season and Rose has had some absolute howlers.

By that reasoning you’d move Davies on too, and most (all) of our squad!

I'd always support upgrading a player whenever possible but you have to priories it, otherwise you end up disrupting the team. Given Rose's age and the slide in his form over the last couple of years, I would move him on first. We already have his replacement in Sess, so Davies stays to steady the ship and then is replaced if he hasn't refound his form once Sess is settled.

I'd always support upgrading a player whenever possible but you have to priories it, otherwise you end up disrupting the team. Given Rose's age and the slide in his form over the last couple of years, I would move him on first. We already have his replacement in Sess, so Davies stays to steady the ship and then is replaced if he hasn't refound his form once Sess is settled.

Did you see Rose's quotes recently? Good lucking moving him on! I'm not sure his form was so bad last season. He's been consistent while at Spurs. If anything he's a more rounded player now than he was imo.

Back