• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

There was a large chunk of time yesterday where all our attacks were coming down the right with Trips and Sissoko, and absolutely nothing from Rose's side of the pitch. Not sure if it was his fault, or no support, or whether he was told to hold back, but it was frustrating because he did well when he got the ball, but for a long time there was no attack down our left.

I’ve defended him and his outbursts / loss of form quite a lot, perhaps based on his peak performance levels for us but I am started to get bored of Danny’s interviews or certainly some of the headline grabbing statements he makes:

721FA5C6-F836-4CE5-9E60-0EE87E7D2A39.jpeg

My feedback:
1 - it’s a honour to play for Spurs at any ground
2 - you’ve barely played for us since we moved to Wembley
3 - given your bleating about wages and travelling distances away from your native home, do you not factor in the attendance drop is due to the money saving of a refund to miss a midweek gameagainst a minor prem team, in the lead up until Christmas in a ground that isn’t really our home and wasn’t supposed to still be?
4 - Concentrate on the footy and just give platitudes if you are forced to give an interview. This will help focus you on what’s important and minimise any potential social media backlash or fan disengagement which I think deep down is more important to you than some of the other players which is why a lot of us were big fans of yours in the first place.

I’ve defended him and his outbursts / loss of form quite a lot, perhaps based on his peak performance levels for us but I am started to get bored of Danny’s interviews or certainly some of the headline grabbing statements he makes:

View attachment 5421

My feedback:
3 - given your bleating about wages and travelling distances away from your native home, do you not factor in the attendance drop is due to the money saving of a refund to miss a midweek gameagainst a minor prem team, in the lead up until Christmas in a ground that isn’t really our home and wasn’t supposed to still be?
4 - Concentrate on the footy and just give platitudes if you are forced to give an interview. This will help focus you on what’s important and minimise any potential social media backlash or fan disengagement which I think deep down is more important to you than some of the other players which is why a lot of us were big fans of yours in the first place.

Not sure what he’s done wrong here?

Everyone is bored of Wembley, the manager alluded to it s well

Rose is still our best LB when fit

Given he’s hardly played it feels a little entitled for him to moan about it, he’s a professional after all. I’d have preferred a comment along the lines of personally I was pleased to get 90 under my belt and for the team to win, Wembley is tough for the fans but we are professional, the new ground will be great. Maybe I am feeling defensive as I feel the attendance levels aren’t a stick to beat us with as no other club offers ST refunds on games they don’t want to attend at a ground they never committed to in the first place. I expect that from click bait media but not from our players. Perhaps Poch’s comments were more articulate I’m sure they were more about accepting the situation and getting on with it and thanking those that do go.

I totally agree about him being our best left back when fit. When he got injured I think that was the difference for us not picking up a pot when he was in tandem with Walker.

Wembley has outlived its welcome and the fans don't like the constant NWHL delays.
Danny is correct he said that Wembley games are now commonplace and "Wembley no longer feels like an honour" why would it for Spurs.

Wembley has outlived its welcome and the fans don't like the constant NWHL delays.
Danny is correct he said that Wembley games are now commonplace and "Wembley no longer feels like an honour" why would it for Spurs.
Because it’s an honour to play for Spurs, wherever it is and he gets paid a brick load of money to occasionally do it. Like I said, I’m not really concerned about his personal opinions I’d prefer him to keep his head down and get himself fully fit.

Because it’s an honour to play for Spurs, wherever it is and he gets paid a brick load of money to occasionally do it. Like I said, I’m not really concerned about his personal opinions I’d prefer him to keep his head down and get himself fully fit.

Think your looking at it from the wrong direction.

He’s never said it’s not an honour to play for spurs, nor as he suggested it.

Players are told it’s an honour to play at the national stadium, rose says it doesn’t feel like it any more.

Because it’s an honour to play for Spurs

Cricky! Steady on old chap! Those halcyon sentiments sadly disappeared when The Eagle comic stopped being printed!
You as a fan have fare more invested than the vast majority of players.

he gets paid a brick load of money
Yes but that's the era we now live in and not his responsibility.
I’m not really concerned about his personal opinions

Nor me, but It's not a crime to sometimes bin the platitudes and speak normally.
Wembley has gone on too long, nobodies fault, but there it is.

Its all abit whingy though isnt it from all concerned. Short term pain for long term gain I say, if people just dug in this season knowing its gonna be a tough season rather than bitching then all would be better in my opinion.

Its not ideal but its not the hardship its being made out to be.

Think your looking at it from the wrong direction.

He’s never said it’s not an honour to play for spurs, nor as he suggested it.

Players are told it’s an honour to play at the national stadium, rose says it doesn’t feel like it any more.
Perhaps. Like I say the fact he’s barely played grates me that he’s the one publically whinging about it. It’s also possible the question wasn’t phrased in this way but I didn’t find the negativity helpful.

Cricky! Steady on old chap! Those halcyon sentiments sadly disappeared when The Eagle comic stopped being printed!
You as a fan have fare more invested than the vast majority of players.

Yes but that's the era we now live in and not his responsibility.

Nor me, but It's not a crime to sometimes bin the platitudes and speak normally.
Wembley has gone on too long, nobodies fault, but there it is.
I understand that but you can’t claim to only have a professional relationship with the game and then bemoan the lack of romance.
Agreed his earnings as everyone’s are his own business, but to question people’s economic decisions when you are in a different stratosphere financially isn’t a smart move. I felt the same when he was whinging about having to travel ‘home’ as he has more time and means to visit his family or choose where he is based than the majority of people who will be reading his comments.
Honesty is fine, I just don’t think the ‘poor me’ given the bigger picture and the real impact on him is particularly helpful to anyone at the club, which ultimately was the capacity in which he is being interviewed.

I do remember the Eagle...just!

My feedback:

i agree. He is a shadow of what he was for 12 months, he needs to keep his mouth shut and try and reclaim a place as a starter for us. I do not believe he will do though. He has been here for more then 10 years ( i know he has had a couple of loans in that time) but apart from a 12-18 month spell he has been average at best. At times it was like watching Bambi on ice last night as his opposing players left him flat footed.

i agree. He is a shadow of what he was for 12 months, he needs to keep his mouth shut and try and reclaim a place as a starter for us. I do not believe he will do though. He has been here for more then 10 years ( i know he has had a couple of loans in that time) but apart from a 12-18 month spell he has been average at best. At times it was like watching Bambi on ice last night as his opposing players left him flat footed.

I agree. He was rusty and all over the place last night. Dodgy touches, going forward and getting caught in the wrong position, constantly clattering in to people etc.
Like everyone I hoped he would get back to top form but it's starting to feel like that was a long, long time ago.

Back