• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Yes but at 22 he's yet to make his 1st team debut and did not make the pre-season US squad.

But seems to have impressed in loan spells at Stevenage and last season at Gillingham (where he also appeared at CB) so a permanent move to a lower league club seems more likely.

Does he have to go today, or is the lower league window later? Same with Edwards and Harrison too I guess

He was sh1t in the first half v Utd but improved in the 2nd. Has a role to play this season, especially as we know that Poch likes to try and rotate the full-backs and keep them fresh. When we're playing mid-week games, having players like Rose to come in will be important.

Good management from Poch too, getting Rose, Toby and Dembele involved, especially the latter two.

Looked quite fit to me, made some lung-bursting runs in the second half and had to deal with Valencia's aggression. Great left back to have in the squad. Could still easily be the England left back for the next Euros.

I think Dier covering his ass did a lot to make him look good, not sure he actually improved significantly.

Glad he got the game, and got through the game, hopefully he can find some form from it.

But there can be no argument, he is clearly second choice right now.

I'm not so sure. He was pretty cack in the first half last night but I don't think Davies is that far ahead of him, if at all. It's clear that Trippier is miles ahead of Aurier as Trippier has raised his level and Aurier is, well Aurier. But Davies for me hasn't been head and shoulders above Rose whose pace gives us another dimension. I'm quite surprised Poch chose last night to throw him back into the lineup, interested to see who gets the nod against Watford. Has to be Toby, Jan and Tripps otherwise as all 3 were excellent.

Davies is the far more reliable performer, has been for a long time. Quiet quality. Rose, for all his bluster, has been a bit brick for a long time.

Davies is solid and dependable. I just think we need a bit more than that personally. I'd be gutted to lose him but if (and I accept it's a big IF) Rose can regain his top form then he's the superior player IMO.

Davies is solid and dependable. I just think we need a bit more than that personally. I'd be gutted to lose him but if (and I accept it's a big IF) Rose can regain his top form then he's the superior player IMO.

Davies is excellent, but understated. Statistically as good as Rose at his best (as of a season or so ago) and has improved a great deal since.

He is better now, IMHO, that Rose ever was.

And, Rose isnt anywhere near as good as he was right now - with it being questionable as to whether or not he can get back there.

However Rose is "Dynamic" so people get blinded by his little legs going like Road Runners.

He did OK no more then that, i hope he can return to the player he was a couple of seasons back but imo he is second choice behind Davies now.
Given how little first team football Rose has played, coupled with his stated issues with mental health, it’ll take a while for him to get back to (if he can) his previous form. And he’s a decent back up to Davies. I hope, for our sake and his, that he can get his groove back.

Given how little first team football Rose has played, coupled with his stated issues with mental health, it’ll take a while for him to get back to (if he can) his previous form. And he’s a decent back up to Davies. I hope, for our sake and his, that he can get his groove back.

Fair points.

Davies is excellent, but understated. Statistically as good as Rose at his best (as of a season or so ago) and has improved a great deal since.

He is better now, IMHO, that Rose ever was.

And, Rose isnt anywhere near as good as he was right now - with it being questionable as to whether or not he can get back there.

However Rose is "Dynamic" so people get blinded by his little legs going like Road Runners.

Disagree that he’s better than Rose ever was. Maybe he’s better right now, marginally but rose and Walker’s pace made us a more potent attacking force, they are/were also just the right amount of cynical and street wise. Rose was arguably the best LB in the league not too long ago. I don’t think the same could ever be said for Davies.

I think Dier covering his ass did a lot to make him look good, not sure he actually improved significantly.

Glad he got the game, and got through the game, hopefully he can find some form from it.

But there can be no argument, he is clearly second choice right now.

Last night was another clear example of the vital work Dier does which often goes unnoticed. Rose? He did improve second-half, he had to!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That Poch chose Rose for this key game is telling. It was his first game back for how long? It takes about 3 games to get into the swing of competitive matches imo.

Davies just doesn’t do enough. Solid, dependable but not as punchy going forward. Rose needs to settle and he’ll excel again.

Amazing how quickly fans get on his back after his first game back.

That Poch chose Rose for this key game is telling. It was his first game back for how long? It takes about 3 games to get into the swing of competitive matches imo.

Davies just doesn’t do enough. Solid, dependable but not as punchy going forward. Rose needs to settle and he’ll excel again.

Amazing how quickly fans get on his back after his first game back.

He burnt a lot of bridges with some fans after his comments at the beginning of last season. I don't think he said a lot wrong tbh but can see why some people were irked but some of the things he said. The "Google" comment was very poor to be fair.

Back