• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

UK cities number 3, 4 and 5 - Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield - are in a triangle 30 miles apart from each other. On road or by train you can't get between any of them in an hour, other than maybe in the early hours (but not by train, last trains are about 10pm)

This is the main Sheffield-Manchester road: http://www.dangerousroads.org/images/stories/__Roads00000ae/0Snake Pass0.jpg

And all rail electrification has just been cancelled (we still have 50 year old 'sheds' that run on diesel) so Crossrail2 can go ahead!

UK cities number 3, 4 and 5 - Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield - are in a triangle 30 miles apart from each other. On road or by train you can't get between any of them in an hour, other than maybe in the early hours (but not by train, last trains are about 10pm)

This is the main Sheffield-Manchester road: http://www.dangerousroads.org/images/stories/__Roads00000ae/0Snake Pass0.jpg

And all rail electrification has just been cancelled (we still have 50 year old 'sheds' that run on diesel) so Crossrail2 can go ahead!

Sheffield to Manchester train takes an hour

It’s 3 cars... full of Asians flying home after holidays and you have no phone signal and one toilet

Use it regularly and have to get someone to move out my seat every time

Sheffield to Manchester train takes an hour

It’s 3 cars... full of Asians flying home after holidays and you have no phone signal and one toilet

Use it regularly and have to get someone to move out my seat every time

The first one on Sunday morning is always funny - it's known as the 'trannies and grannies' service. It's a unique blend of 50-something hikers going to Edale, and revellers on their way home from a night on Canal Street

10 year now in London

And do you really drop down the league/go an sign for an Everton because you are homesick, 3 or 4 years before the end of your career?

Of course not. His desire to move back up North is obviously contingent with some level of interest from a big Northern club. But he has wanted to be back up there for some time.

The first one on Sunday morning is always funny - it's known as the 'trannies and grannies' service. It's a unique blend of 50-something hikers going to Edale, and revellers on their way home from a night on Canal Street

I went magic mushroom picking with some mates, after a big night out in Manchester once and passed many granny hikers. They waved and said good morning, as did we. Wonderful blend of society up on those hills.

Danny Rose tells his family ‘don’t come to Russia’ for World Cup 2018 over racism fears
“I’m not worried for myself,” Rose told Standard Sport ahead of his first World Cup. “But I’ve told my family I don’t want them going out there because of racism and anything else that may happen. I don’t want to be worrying when I’m trying to prepare for games for my family’s safety. If anything happens to me, it wouldn’t affect me like it would if my family had been abused. I’m fine with whatever may or may not happen, and I like to think I’ll be able to deal with it in the right way. My dad’s really upset. I could hear it in his voice. He said he may never get a chance again to come and watch me in a World Cup. That was emotional, hearing that. It’s really sad. It’s just how it is. Somehow Russia got the World Cup and we have to get on with it."

Russian football has been marred by incidents of racism for years, most recently when FIFA fined their football union £22,000 for racist chanting aimed at France players when the countries played in March.
“A £22,000 fine is disgusting,” he added. “What do they [Fifa] expect? I don’t want to sound arrogant but if I had been fined £22,000 - without sounding big-headed - it wouldn’t make a difference. A country being fined £22,000 is just laughable.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...rld-cup-2018-over-racism-fears-a3856701.html?

It is a sad state of affairs if he really is keeping his family away.
He makes a very fair point - somewhat clumsily - about the level of punishment from FIFA which everyone except FIFA seems to know is ludicrous.
But with the eyes of the world on Russia now, maybe they will be forced to take stronger action if there are any similar incidents. I shan't be holding my breath.

Edit : no idea what's happened to the font in this post

Danny Rose tells his family ‘don’t come to Russia’ for World Cup 2018 over racism fears
“I’m not worried for myself,” Rose told Standard Sport ahead of his first World Cup. “But I’ve told my family I don’t want them going out there because of racism and anything else that may happen. I don’t want to be worrying when I’m trying to prepare for games for my family’s safety. If anything happens to me, it wouldn’t affect me like it would if my family had been abused. I’m fine with whatever may or may not happen, and I like to think I’ll be able to deal with it in the right way. My dad’s really upset. I could hear it in his voice. He said he may never get a chance again to come and watch me in a World Cup. That was emotional, hearing that. It’s really sad. It’s just how it is. Somehow Russia got the World Cup and we have to get on with it."

Russian football has been marred by incidents of racism for years, most recently when FIFA fined their football union £22,000 for racist chanting aimed at France players when the countries played in March.
“A £22,000 fine is disgusting,” he added. “What do they [Fifa] expect? I don’t want to sound arrogant but if I had been fined £22,000 - without sounding big-headed - it wouldn’t make a difference. A country being fined £22,000 is just laughable.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...rld-cup-2018-over-racism-fears-a3856701.html?

It is a sad state of affairs if he really is keeping his family away.
He makes a very fair point - somewhat clumsily - about the level of punishment from FIFA which everyone except FIFA seems to know is ludicrous.
But with the eyes of the world on Russia now, maybe they will be forced to take stronger action if there are any similar incidents. I shan't be holding my breath.

Edit : no idea what's happened to the font in this post

It’s cdazy to think in this day and age you get less fines for racism than most other things

This is one of the reasons I don't think anybody should be going to Russia.
I'd do exactly the same as Danny in his shoes.

Englishmen of any colour would do well to stay away from this World Cup imo. Unless you fancy getting your head smashed in by hordes of shirtless lunatics. And that's just the old bill.

Poor fellow sounds like he's had a shocking year, he deserves our full support. Mental health issues are not to be taken lightly.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ayer-racism-fears-abuse-england-football-team

fudge. Me.

I was one of Rose's biggest critics after that Sun interview. But now all I can think is how misguided that was. It never made sense at the time. He was never going to get a move. Devoid of all the info we now have it just looked so stupid. There has to be something else at play and now it's been confirmed. No wonder he was talking about wanting to be closer to home.

Fair play to him. And I think our club handled it in an absolutely perfect way. Fair play to England and Southgate too.

And The Sun...what absolute fudging scum. Maybe they didn't know the full extent of what Rose was going through, but they probably couldn't believe their luck when he started spouting off like he did, and they totally exploited him. For this and many other things, they should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

On another point, this whole idea of there being disagreements around treatment seems to be a recurring theme. Rose, Toby, I'm sure Lamela probably had something to say about it as well. I wonder whether that is linked to the lower basic salaries we paid. We would take the best long term decision for their health and not the decision to rush them back, but because of that, I imagine some of the guys may have been losing half their income...I don't know for sure but it sure feels common that our players seem to disagree with the treatment we prescribe, even though in Poch and Perez we are being lead by a team that takes sports science, health and fitness etc extremely seriously and they must know their stuff.

Back