• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

This may have been said before, but it's a deeply stupid thing of DR to do, publicly - what is it going to achieve other than tinkling people off? If you're a grown up, you have private conversations and sort things that way. What DR has done is petulant, unwise and pretty self-aggrandising. Ambition is great, but keep it between the relevant parties - why is it a public issue at all? If he's been nudged by his agent or Volderinho has been tapping and stirring, then he's doubly stupid. It really lacks integrity and he's saving a lot of trouble up for himself. He is talented, but as with all footballers, he is an enormously privileged young man - £65,000 a week? For what exactly? Nurses work two years for that. It's amazing how privilege skews people's world view. I'm very disappointed in him. It's an arse-wipingly stupid thing to do. And if he's trying to force a move by doing this, it's a pathetic way of doing business - grow up, child.

if Walker was so easily disposed of then Rose will be bombed out just as efficiently. Poch couldnt give a fcuk about cry babies like these two or anyone else similar

I seriously cannot believe people are defending Rose on this.

Going to the fudging Sun and doing an interview like this? How is that in the least bit defendable??!?

Being out of action for 7 months and counting makes you take questionable decisions :)

So just to add, I would not boo him but him going to the papers about this is a low move. It is very rare for any player to do this and undoubtedly will disrupt the harmoney in the changing room literally 3 days before our first game. Poch will be absolutely seething as will Levy.

The fallout will be interesting, will the club comment on it today? The press conference later will only be about this.....

FFS Danny

Harmoney.

The king of Freudian typos.

A few people seem to have an issue with Rose doing an interview with the Sun.
How can you have ethical issues with who the player has chosen to talk to when the club kits him out in fudging Nike?

As for Rose I find it slightly curious that the same player who came out with this in an interview during the Leicester season:

“Before the Emirates Marketing Project game I was having dinner with Erik Lamela and I was still asking him if he reckoned we can finish top four,” said Rose. “I’ve never seen someone look at me with such disgust. He said ‘My friend, we can win the league’.

And now he is obsessed with trophies?

And how has it that everyone has forgotten when Rose went up without permission to watch Sunderland escape relegation under Fat Sam? Poch left him out of the 5-1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine game as punishment? Its like it never happened. No one ever talks about it.

Has anyone read the whole thing? Its mental really? Just rehashed the story the Sun ran with yesterday and ended with a contradictory "Happy at Tottenham" "Trust Levy and Poch" "Trippier is a good replacement for Walker" and "Everything will work itself out"

What a pile of unnecessary

so Rose hasnt got too big for his boots with this rant? giving such an interview which only brings negativity towards the club.....telling the manager who he should be buying? mocking signings who have to be googled to know who they are? come on

this is exactly the behaviour poch detests

if any player had done this under Fergie we all know what the outcome would have been

I think that this is different to the Walker situation. The relationship with Walker broke down first, this is just an attempt to engineer a move. I think that what is in the club's interests is different here, I would liken it to when Modric tried to force a move to Chelsea and I think that our response will be the same.

This may have been said before, but it's a deeply stupid thing of DR to do, publicly - what is it going to achieve other than tinkling people off? If you're a grown up, you have private conversations and sort things that way. What DR has done is petulant, unwise and pretty self-aggrandising. Ambition is great, but keep it between the relevant parties - why is it a public issue at all? If he's been nudged by his agent or Volderinho has been tapping and stirring, then he's doubly stupid. It really lacks integrity and he's saving a lot of trouble up for himself. He is talented, but as with all footballers, he is an enormously privileged young man - £65,000 a week? For what exactly? Nurses work two years for that. It's amazing how privilege skews people's world view. I'm very disappointed in him. It's an arse-wipingly stupid thing to do. And if he's trying to force a move by doing this, it's a pathetic way of doing business - grow up, child.

Spot on. It reeks of greed and entitlement.

In all fairness, I can understand that he will want to cash in on his last few years as an active footballer. Even though his wages are ridiculous even now, compared to any normal career out there, if you have a chance to maximize profit, then why not? This kind of thinking isn't completely foreign, anyway, and although I disagree with it, I can understand it. But the lengths he goes to get this message across, by betraying his team mates, coach, the chairman etc, is just ... despicable, and completely unacceptable, really.

Windycoys wrote a very good piece on Rose that he posted earlier today by the way. Well worth a read.
http://windycoys.com/2017/08/danny-rose-a-stark-reminder/

To me his motivations are trying to understand whether the club match his ambition and if not then, given players careers are limited, find a club that do want to win things before it's too late. Our actions this window do not suggest we're a club which want to win things
He didn't have to come out and say that to The Sun if that was the case. Easily could have been done behind closed doors.

so Rose hasnt got too big for his boots with this rant? giving such an interview which only brings negativity towards the club.....telling the manager who he should be buying? mocking signings who have to be googled to know who they are? come on

this is exactly the behaviour poch detests

if any player had done this under Fergie we all know what the outcome would have been

Yeh I agree on this for following reasons:

1 - Google players, lets say Son is a Google player, turns out to be a 15+ goal a season midfielder and a key player, so shows what he knows about the global game

2 - Wants big signings to strengthen, well he is on the same level as his team mates when you compare importance and influence, so is he above being replaced by the same token? He is actually talking himself out with that theory.

3 - There are 3 weeks left till the window closes and other than Man U and United other clubs have paid HUGE for staying on the same level, if Rose does not see the need for calculated improvements then he is even more thick than I think he is for doing this article

4 - The only person at the club who has a job on the line that is directly linked to the squad quality is Poch and he has vetoed more deals than Levy this summer and is 100% on the same page about things than the club, so if he is ok when its his job and livelihood not forgetting his own ambitions then things can't be all that bad can they?

5 - Rose was quoted as "Everyone knows that the club is going in the right direction and I'm over the moon that I'll stay here until I'm an old man," Rose said. So what has changed after 11 months? The blokes a plum

I agree, the elite clubs will always be able to offer even more. My point is, if the likes of Rose were being paid in the £100k-£150k they would be more likely to stay happy and remain with the club. They can earn £60k a week at the likes of Everton and West Ham, teams that are nowhere near competing for the league title. We won't ever be on a level playing field with the likes of PSG and Emirates Marketing Project, but our wages going to the next level will make a real difference in our ability to retain our best players, imo. The money we currently pay is, in the relative terms of insane modern football, an insult to the ability of our players. We at least need to be able to pay at the level that is deemed "fair" even if it's still short of PSG/Emirates Marketing Project etc.

*edit* and I know we can't pay this yet, but that's surely got to be the point of building the new stadium.

Let's go through our top performers and see what extra it would cost. I'll use the wages from earlier in the thread, obviously we do not know how far out they are.

.................................... Current.....Market rate - Cost p.a.
Jan Vertonghen 29 .....£100,000 - £150k - £2.6m
Kyle Walker 26 ............£70,000 - £150k - £4.2m
Toby Alderweireld 27 ..£75,000 - £150k - £3.9m
Danny Rose 26 ............£30,000 - £150k - £6.2m
Eric Dier 22 ..................£70,000 - £150k - £4.2m
Dele Alli 20 ..................£50,000 - £200k - £7.8m
Victor Wanyama 25 .....£70,000 - £100k - £1.6m
Christian Eriksen 24 ....£75,000 - £150k - £3.9m
Harry Kane 23 ..............£100,000 - £250k - £7.8m

That's £42m a season and that is before we consider the employer's tax contributions or what the next level of players and what new signings would expect. And the rich clubs could still afford to go higher to destabilise us.

what if he's been saying it behind closed doors for a year and still thinks the club is taking advantage of him?
Maybe, but then we know exactly why he's come in the press. To get his move.

I'm not mad for what he's said. We are grown up people, we understand all the (millions of) reasons he's given. It's a real slap in Pochettino's face to do it in this manner.

Honestly I cannot now for the life of me see how we can possibly keep Dele, Eriksen and co at this club long term. We will be picked apart Monaco style.

Until we become a side who can afford to pay £200k a week, we must be that club that signs EVERY young talent where possible (see Monaco).

Some of the reaction on here is crazy. What is said is broadly true and valid I think; how he said it wasn't.

Hopefully Levy can deliver on signing 'a few' players as Poch has said we need and then they can kiss and make-up with Rose in 3 weeks time

Back