• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

We are never going to be able to compete in this arms race. We need to make sure that the next group of players are ready to replace the current first team when the time is right to sell them.

I don't think we'll be able to pay squad players huge money like the super-rich clubs. But if we have a player in our first XI who is the best in the division in his position, we need to be able to pay a wage that is more competitive if we want to keep them. Rose is right, if his wage is £60k per week then he is worth a lot more. If we are in a position where we can pay our best players £100-150k per week, then they might not be so keen to get away when we are doing well on the pitch. This is gonna apply to most players in our first XI right now.

If we're never going to be able to do even that, then the new stadium is pointless. But I think/hope that's the plan in future.

We are never going to be able to compete in this arms race. We need to make sure that the next group of players are ready to replace the current first team when the time is right to sell them.

Exactly.

We are the 6th biggest club in the country. If we finish in the top 4, we have overachieved. As for our players, when the very wealthy clubs want them, we might have to sell. That is our reality.

Liverpool try and compete (with the big boys) by paying big wages but in the end it will break them. They simply do not have deep enough pockets. If they continue like this they are the next Leeds, Pompey etc. (we live in hope).

Levy, rightly in my view, has stepped away.

Last edited:
Smalling wouldn't get near our first team. When he leaves United it will be to a mid-table team or relegation battlers.

But he'd be a good option on the bench. He can learn from Toby and Jan. Martial might be superfluous to requirements but chuck Shaw in too and it's a deal for us.

Poch will make him stay and play on his terms. He needs to show that he will not be bullied by the players/agents and that we only sell a player when we want to.

I don't agree that United have a stronger squad, I do agree that their first team is weaker than ours.

he could have done that with Walker but didnt

Poch will simply not accept this public outburst...rose is gone

I don't think we'll be able to pay squad players huge money like the super-rich clubs. But if we have a player in our first XI who is the best in the division in his position, we need to be able to pay a wage that is more competitive if we want to keep them. Rose is right, if his wage is £60k per week then he is worth a lot more. If we are in a position where we can pay our best players £100-150k per week, then they might not be so keen to get away when we are doing well on the pitch. This is gonna apply to most players in our first XI right now.

If we're never going to be able to do even that, then the new stadium is pointless. But I think/hope that's the plan in future.

The stadium will help us close the gap but it will not allow us to compete on a level playing field with the richest clubs.

We will never be able to afford to pay our top players market rate on our current business model. Bumping everyone up one notch will not solve the problem, they will still be able to earn much more elsewhere and the richer clubs have an interest in trying to destabilise us.

Exactly.

We are the 6th biggest club in the country. If we finish in the top 4, we have overachieved. As for our players, when the very wealthy clubs want them, we might have to sell. That is our reality.

Liverpool try and compete (with the big boys) by paying big wages but in the end it will break them. They simply do not have deep enough pockets. If they continue like this they are the next Leeds, Pompey etc. (we live in hope).

Levy, rightly in view, has stepped away.

thats fine, but we must get used to losing 1 or 2 top players every summer

See Martial and Shaw in would be great business but we seem to be shying away from this kind of deals

For Walker Imo we should have asked for Sancho and Innenacho thrown in but they didn't go for that

I agree. I was actually messing because United would never involve Martial in a swap.......he cost £57m all in so that would have to be virtually a straight swap before even thinking about Shaw.

But he'd be a good option on the bench. He can learn from Toby and Jan. Martial might be superfluous to requirements but chuck Shaw in too and it's a deal for us.

He's too old, not good enough and would be taking the place of a younger player who can step in and replace our current first choices when the time comes for them to move on.

This was always going to happen as the team improved.

I think he feels like most of the fans do. We want to see both the squad and where possible the first team improved upon, but the club either don't want to pay for these players or can't, especially with the wage structure in place.
There is going to be discontent and the only real options for Levy are to operate on a debt for a year or let the discontent fester.

I'm not sure if this kind of brutal honesty from a top player within the club is a good thing or not. I hope it serves as a wake up call.

Sure, we want improvements, but among our best in recent years have been two kids: Alli from division 3 and an unknown ginger lad from Portugal for a sum total of £10m.

Then a couple of senior pros in Wanyama and Toby for reasonable money.

Then add in Kane - academy player, and personally I think Winks will break through proper this year.

Ironically, when we have spent big(ger), that's brought guarantees: Lamela, Soldado, Sissoko.

Can't help but feel he needs to keep this behind closed doors though.

Smalling wouldn't get near our first team. When he leaves United it will be to a mid-table team or relegation battlers.

I don't think he needs to, necessarily.

The idea is that him, Vertonghen and Alderweireld are competing for 2 places - and on occasion, all 3 will play.

We get a good, albeit a little rough around the edges, centre back, that won't need time to adjust. He doesn't have to take a step down in prestige, and knows there's a good chance of playing regularly, with the WC coming up.

and he wont want Rose to stay

I think that you are wrong. The damage in the relationship with Walker was done earlier last season. Walker got too big for his boots and thought that he should start every game, Poch did not want a player in the squad who thought that he knew better than the manager. He is right and did exactly what any top manager would have done, he cut out the player and then moved him on. It is the same that Ferguson did with Ince, Stam and Beckham.

Rose will be made to stay to prove a point, as much as anything.

I don't think he needs to, necessarily.

The idea is that him, Vertonghen and Alderweireld are competing for 2 places - and on occasion, all 3 will play.

We get a good, albeit a little rough around the edges, centre back, that won't need time to adjust. He doesn't have to take a step down in prestige, and knows there's a good chance of playing regularly, with the WC coming up.

He'd be blocking the place of a younger player with more potential. We might have seen it under past managers but it isn't the way that Poch operates.

But it isn't being fully honest is it? Because the interview is really a way of attempting to force Spurs into a corner whereby they sell him without a transfer request coming in if certain conditions he feels should be met are not. That isn't being honest then because that says to me that the player is feeling more towards wanting a move and if that's the case then put in the request and go from there.

We don't know if these words are masking an ulterior motive, that's just guess work - albeit not entirely out of the question.

Personally I think it's a frank interview and am taking it at face value - if his main goal is a move then i think he'd have said he wants a move plain and simple - I think his preference is to stay and see us match his ambition, I also think our other players will feel the same way too.

See Martial and Shaw in would be great business but we seem to be shying away from this kind of deals

For Walker Imo we should have asked for Sancho and Innenacho thrown in but they didn't go for that

Yeah, but perhaps the time restraints might make it more likely.

Martial would be brilliant, in the sense he's potentially excellent, but it hasn't quite clicked - and can compete with Kane, as well as Son/Eriksen for the left spot.

I imagine he just wants to be the guaranteed striker for someone, though.

The stadium will help us close the gap but itwill not allow us to compete on a level playing field with the richest clubs.

We will never be able to afford to pay our top players market rate on our current business model. Bumping everyone up one notch will not solve the problem, they will still be able to earn much more elsewhere and the richer clubs have an interest in trying to destabilise us.

I agree, the elite clubs will always be able to offer even more. My point is, if the likes of Rose were being paid in the £100k-£150k they would be more likely to stay happy and remain with the club. They can earn £60k a week at the likes of Everton and West Ham, teams that are nowhere near competing for the league title. We won't ever be on a level playing field with the likes of PSG and Emirates Marketing Project, but our wages going to the next level will make a real difference in our ability to retain our best players, imo. The money we currently pay is, in the relative terms of insane modern football, an insult to the ability of our players. We at least need to be able to pay at the level that is deemed "fair" even if it's still short of PSG/Emirates Marketing Project etc.

*edit* and I know we can't pay this yet, but that's surely got to be the point of building the new stadium.

I am glad some of the people on here are not managing my company. GHod knows what the wage bill would be...

I think we have a certain advantage here.

We're a prestigious club, in England, offering Champions League football, realistic playing time - and in a WC year.

They can come and be part of a successful club and play in a WC, for a reduced wage - or they can go and battle it out in midtable or sit on the bench and waste their careers.

I think that you are wrong. The damage in the relationship with Walker was done earlier last season. Walker got too big for his boots and thought that he should start every game, Poch did not want a player in the squad who thought that he knew better than the manager. He is right and did exactly what any top manager would have done, he cut out the player and then moved him on. It is the same that Ferguson did with Ince, Stam and Beckham.

Rose will be made to stay to prove a point, as much as anything.

so Rose hasnt got too big for his boots with this rant? giving such an interview which only brings negativity towards the club.....telling the manager who he should be buying? mocking signings who have to be googled to know who they are? come on

this is exactly the behaviour poch detests

if any player had done this under Fergie we all know what the outcome would have been

Back