1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Danny Rose

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by JellySpur, 30 Apr 2012.

1. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

Can't agree with all this "Poch made Rose" nonsense. Poch made him better, no doubt, but he was already a good player. Really good on loan at Sunderland, played well for us under AVB -- he had a couple of injury problems and struggled for form coming back from them AND made a couple of high profile mistakes (remember the halfway line v Arsenal). But he was a good player, sc@pegoated by some of our sh1t for brains supporters. Under Poch, he has pushed on and become the best left-back in the league. Think I've said this about a million times earlier in this thread...

HOWEVER -- if he's gonna go to The Sun and spout off, then he can be shown the door. Cash in big, hopefully to Utd where they can also bung us Shaw, we already have Ben Davies who has been excellent and we'll be good to go.

This is about money, who is he trying to kid? We were close to being a title winning team last season, we've been improving year on year under Poch and will compete for the league again, because we have some of the best players in the division. Man Utd, imo, are in no better position to compete for the league title than we are. We have a better team than they do. But they will pay him upwards of £150k per week, and that's what it comes down to. So save us all the flowery bullsh1t about "ambition."

2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Barry Daines

A big issue for us here (and its not Rose specific) is that the wages we pay clearly influence sour ability to buy players negatively!!!

We have a certain amount of money to spend per season and what we spend on transfer fees cannot therefore be spent on enhancing contracts so its a chicken and egg scenario

If existing players want more money that they have earned then that will compromise how much we can spend on transfer fees to attract the players that the existing players believe we need to compete

3. Bedfordspurs

I agree. Posh has taken up from being very goo dot world class.. but also more injury prone too

Rose is a class player and comfortably the best in the league as is Walker. Posh has taken him up maybe 10% which cleared him from his rivals and I'm sure Poch can develop others players but it weakens the team this season at a vital point with the new ground etc... an the knock on is huge

4. DeleHarry

DeleHarry Jose Dominguez

how much would the Celtic lad Tierney cost? or should we simply go in big for Sessegnon

right now im sick of Danny boy Rose

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  5. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

We're gonna have to up the wage bill sooner rather than later if we want to keep our best players and add to them. When the new stadium is up and running, maybe we will be able to. I'm hoping that's the case, else it is inevitable that our current group will get picked off by richer clubs.

6. DeleHarry

DeleHarry Jose Dominguez

if thats the case then the transfer fee money should be better spent on improving current player contracts. Simple.

7. milo

milo Ralph Coates Staff Member

It's not going to happen now and I do not think that United are any stronger than us.

8. JPBB

JPBB Sean Davis

It's about the money.

DaveT316 and milo like this.
  9. milo

We are never going to be able to compete in this arms race. We need to make sure that the next group of players are ready to replace the current first team when the time is right to sell them.

galeforce and Vega like this.
  10. milo

I know

DaveT316 likes this.
  11. Bedfordspurs

Another thing is that when Talkbrick talks debit this last night they specifically called it a News Embargo which meant it was done at an earlier date and couldn't be released until later...

I this a paper trying to build something up before the league starts!!!!

12. Lugash

Lugash Rohan Ricketts

Rose + £15M for Shaw, Smalling and Martial?

Gazza Dazzla likes this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

Ternary is a player for now and would be gettable for 15/20 million id assume

14. Libero

Libero Jose Dominguez

Martial and Shaw definitely. I wouldn't take Smalling on a free, you can see the non league in him consistently. Terrible player at PL level

wiziwig likes this.
  15. milo

Smalling wouldn't get near our first team. When he leaves United it will be to a mid-table team or relegation battlers.

16. DeleHarry

DeleHarry Jose Dominguez

i doubt the club will keep him much longer. Poch will be undermined

United have a stronger squad, we have a better first 11

17. milo

It was just the Sun trying to shift copies and increase online advertising revenue. They didn't want the other papers nicking the quotes and taking the web traffic.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  18. milo

Poch will make him stay and play on his terms. He needs to show that he will not be bullied by the players/agents and that we only sell a player when we want to.

I don't agree that United have a stronger squad, I do agree that their first team is weaker than ours.

19. Bedfordspurs

See Martial and Shaw in would be great business but we seem to be shying away from this kind of deals

For Walker Imo we should have asked for Sancho and Innenacho thrown in but they didn't go for that

20. Spaceman

Spaceman Ruel Fox

get yourself back on the pitch first rose