• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I do have a fair amount of sympathy for the club on this one, the wages are going up so ridiculously quickly that if you take on Young, or Inexperienced players that you cant keep up.

Ali August 2016 wages going rate 20k
August 2017 going rate 80k
August 2018 going rate 160k

I think that Ali is a bit different, he is an exceptional player and has developed far faster and further than anyone would have expected. You also have to factor in our policy of rewarding performances with improved contracts. Ali has signed a number of new improved contracts in a short space of time because he has been so good. If he were to leave, I think that he could name his price.

If he doesn't move in the next year his chance of a mega pay deal will have passed. Everything else is just fluff to excuse his behaviour.

Exactly. The trophies is a part but only a small one. He clearly states that he has one big contract left. That will tell you all you need to know. He knows he won't be paid at Spurs even in the new stadium what he could at City/Utd/Chelsea.

How can you say that? There are loads of players in their 30s who are paid £££ and not all of them because they've been out of contract.....

I cannot see him getting a £150k+ five year contract anywhere much past next summer.

Depends if he is in the side.

I just can't see some one paying what Levy wants for him whilst injured

These were my thoughts

Levy and Poch's will sort this they will 'know' the details of what is actually going on.
We are in the dark as to the true situation.

The huge differences being that we are not paid thousands each week by the club in the expectation that we will behave professionally, nor do our opinions impact on team morale, or the perception of the club held by others.

No one on here is undermining their team mates as they prepare for a difficult season opener up at Saudi Sportswashing Machine though when they don't really need to?

Thats not the point I was making...in reply to @AdamB ....'that our players may not have been told what to say or not say', just that perhaps (like in all walks of life) there are differing opinions within the group.

If he doesn't move in the next year his chance of a mega pay deal will have passed. Everything else is just fluff to excuse his behaviour.

With Rose I agree with this, I think his body will completely break down in his early 30s because of the way he plays.

My point was...in reply to @AdamB ....that our players may not have been told what to say or not say, just that perhaps (like in all walks of life) have differing opinions within the group.

Oh they 100% will have differing views, you always will in a group of that size. That all being said though going public with anything that is bordering on being critical of specific points of club policy is not a good idea at any time, especially on the eve of the season. Having the differing view is never a problem, its what you do with that in terms of articulation that becomes the issue.

I cannot see him getting a £150k+ five year contract anywhere much past next summer.
Well maybe not a five year deal because of his injuries, but I dont see it having to be by next season that he needs to secure one last big contract....

I think that Ali is a bit different, he is an exceptional player and has developed far faster and further than anyone would have expected. You also have to factor in our policy of rewarding performances with improved contracts. Ali has signed a number of new improved contracts in a short space of time because he has been so good. If he were to leave, I think that he could name his price.

Agreed, but you could probably say the same about Kane & Dier
If wages are doubling every year then how do you keep a player on a 5yr contract happy. Danny Rose signed a 5yr contract in August, played 20 games, was injured a decent proportion and has had his head turned seeing what walker is on.

Well maybe not a five year deal because of his injuries, but I dont see it having to be by next season that he needs to secure one last big contract....

He's going to want to earn as much money as he can for as long as he can. His window for doing this is beginning to close.

not really....in a year he could move to Stoke and probably earn over 100k a week

Or he could move to one of the rich clubs next summer, earn £150k a week, then get his contract paid up in full after a couple of years and then move to Stoke and get £100k.

Agreed, but you could probably say the same about Kane & Dier
If wages are doubling every year then how do you keep a player on a 5yr contract happy. Danny Rose signed a 5yr contract in August, played 20 games, was injured a decent proportion and has had his head turned seeing what walker is on.

We really would have a team on our hands if Kane, Deli and Dier continue to improve at the rate they have over the last three seasons.

Our improve contracts are more to reward performance than to keep pace with the market. All of those players could have earned more elsewhere when they signed extensions with us.

Or he could move to one of the rich clubs next summer, earn £150k a week, then get his contract paid up in full after a couple of years and then move to Stoke and get £100k.

yeah that too....and pick up 2 or 3 trophies along the way

Happy Danny

I was gutted hear this all over SSN this morning. Unsurprised also i guess, but genuinely gutted.

For all the Alli & Kane hype, i honestly believe the reason we've pushed on so well these past two seasons has been largely down to the form Rose and Walker. They create a dynamism to our play that we severely lacked. Best two full backs in the league and they're in our first 11 (or were).
When one of them has been out we've looked short of attacking prowess down either flank, as it's been easy for teams to double up on the other and stifle us.
Davies settled eventually, but he's no Rose in terms of what he offers us going forwards.
Tripps has shown glimpses granted, but the argument here is more for his defensive solidity and positioning.

Not writing Rose off yet, but for a player who never reeeaally had the fans fully behind him in his first couple of seasons, he's certainly not doing himself any favours now!

yeah that too....and pick up 2 or 3 trophies along the way

Happy Danny

He'll probably miss out on that. It is this season that Mourinho is scheduled to win big, next year everyone gets tinkled off with him and he gets sacked after Christmas.

I seriously cannot believe people are defending Rose on this.

Going to the fudging Sun and doing an interview like this? How is that in the least bit defendable??!?

I did read that it's the journalist who did the interview that Rose has the 'relationship' with. He has interviewed him for years, despite being at different papers.

He'll probably miss out on that. It is this season that Mourinho is scheduled to win big, next year everyone gets tinkled off with him and he gets sacked after Christmas.

thats why he is forcing the move now. He knows the PL title winners medal at Utd is within his grasp. PL win this season, maybe an Fa cup win next season, happy days.

Back