• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Took the words out of my mouth. It looks like @spitshine is clueless to how Levy operates.

And not just Levy, but most well-run clubs, regardless of they're big clubs or not. None of them sell their star players if said players do not get their heads turned and agitate for a move. Only teams that sell their best players when someone waves a bucket of shekels at them are those that are badly managed and in financial trouble and we're certainly not in that category.

How long have you been supporting Spurs? A couple of years?

Where there's money every player has a price. Levy is the best in the business in extracting the maximum for any player but please understand no one is off limits.

Did anyone see the interview with Danny before a game on SKY not long ago, think it was the Stoke game. He described his year on loan at Sunderland as the best year in his footballing career, and I think he mentioned that being up North was one of the reasons. Best year of his footballing career despite playing for a very good top 4 side. I saw another interview where he was asked what his favourite ground to play in was and he answered something like 'any of the grounds up North'.

I think he'd be very tempted if a big money offer came from one of the top Northern clubs.

Did anyone see the interview with Danny before a game on SKY not long ago, think it was the Stoke game. He described his year on loan at Sunderland as the best year in his footballing career, and I think he mentioned that being up North was one of the reasons. Best year of his footballing career despite playing for a very good top 4 side. I saw another interview where he was asked what his favourite ground to play in was and he answered something like 'any of the grounds up North'.

I think he'd be very tempted if a big money offer came from one of the top Northern clubs.

Well, he is a Leeds lad.

That's fair enough, but he also said in the same interview his level of respect for Poch. He's even nicknamed "Son". So, you have two contradictory feelings here and it will come down to which of those overrides the other. My personal feeling is that he won't move unless Poch does. His loyalty is to Poch and not the club.

That's fair enough, but he also said in the same interview his level of respect for Poch. He's even nicknamed "Son". So, you have two contradictory feelings here and it will come down to which of those overrides the other. My personal feeling is that he won't move unless Poch does. His loyalty is to Poch and not the club.
Fancy choosing a nickname that is actually the name of another player. How confusing.

I don't think we will be able to buy from Man U. Not unless we agree to sell to them, so like Chelski, I think those avenues are over. I cannot see Rose going this summer. KWP isn't quite the ticket yet, and although Davies is a fine back-up, Danny Rose he isn't.

Transfers for players surplus to requirements are a different kettle of fish, imo

I think Levy would want A) a brick loaf of money and B) something else in return i.e. a player of good value for us to even entertain the idea of selling Rose to one of our rivals for the top 4/title challenge.

I think Levy would want A) a brick loaf of money and B) something else in return i.e. a player of good value for us to even entertain the idea of selling Rose to one of our rivals for the top 4/title challenge.

Tell you what, I really wouldn't want to lose Danny Rose and definitely not to a direct competitor although on the basis of including a sweetener, player wise to allow for a smaller fee I would accept £35/£40m if it included Iheanacho coming this way as part of the deal. Really like the player and think he is being criminally under used by City tbh despite the fact they have Aguero and now, Gabriel Jesus.

I think transfers between the top clubs for players surplus to requirement (Shaw) ate still likely to continue

They will 100%

Clubs may be rich but they aint foolish

If a club has a player they dont want they will sell regardless of who too

The difference here with Rose is we dont want to sell

Sturridge will go this summer and IMO a top 6 side will go for him unless he is brave enough to go abroad

Tell you what, I really wouldn't want to lose Danny Rose and definitely not to a direct competitor although on the basis of including a sweetener, player wise to allow for a smaller fee I would accept £35/£40m if it included Iheanacho coming this way as part of the deal. Really like the player and think he is being criminally under used by City tbh despite the fact they have Aguero and now, Gabriel Jesus.

See that would be great business for us and them

They get a player who makes them better and we get £££ and a player who will improve our squad in an area of weakness... but we would also need to have Shaw lined up as his replacement before hand to make that viable

See that would be great business for us and them

They get a player who makes them better and we get £££ and a player who will improve our squad in an area of weakness... but we would also need to have Shaw lined up as his replacement before hand to make that viable

I don't know that I would go for Shaw on the basis of value for money. He has had a bad injury and essentially had 2 seasons now of downtime with only 29 appearances in the league in 3 seasons. I think I would probably lean more towards £10m or so for Sessegnon plus add ons and allow Poch to mould him as the heir to the Rose position. But even then, 2 young players to come in with bags of talent and potential plus money in the bank. That's the only way a deal for Rose would work to our benefit imo.

The only thing City has over us is money. Increase Rose's wage to be in line with Kane & Lloris and I think that he will stay even though that wage will probably be less than what City will offer. The problem is that the club can't offer that level of wages to every first team player.

I'm not convinced. We were starting to get somewhere and then Berbatov went, then we had a great team a few years later and Modric went. Then Bale, admittedly for a world record fee.

Danny Rose, albeit a great left back, no brainier if the price is right.
Remember the true cost of selling Bale? We got a record £86m but squandered much of it on utter dross. As a result the following season turned into an absolute shambles. We got mauled so badly by the big boys that AvB had to be booted out by December and from that point on the season was pretty much a write off.

But this time round, because of the dangerously negative message it would send out at a time when we are in the middle of such a major project, the impact of selling any one of our best players could be even worse. The risk is that not only Poch but several of our key players like Lloris, Alderweireld, Dele and maybe even Kane would start losing faith in the project and from that point on become susceptible to more lucrative offers from the major clubs around Europe.

So perhaps not quite the no-brainer you suggest.

Last edited:
They will 100%

Clubs may be rich but they aint foolish

If a club has a player they dont want they will sell regardless of who too

The difference here with Rose is we dont want to sell

Sturridge will go this summer and IMO a top 6 side will go for him unless he is brave dumb enough to go abroad
FTFY.

Sturridge would be of painfully average ability overseas.

Back