• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

His performance against Villa last year could well have costed us the 3 points and CL football

Never really managed to climb the next level and much like Jamie O appears to have found his level

Thanks and so long

Some of you couldn't be more wrong. Would be a really dumb decision to move him on.

I'll go with viewpoint number three, I won't stop him if he wants to go to Sunderland, and I wouldn't be upset if he stayed.

I remember some people relishing getting Naughton back because he looked good at Norwich, this may be the same case. Not saying that Naughton has been totally brick, but he hasn't necessarily looked calm and reassured in all of the games he's played this season. Could go either way.

I'll go with viewpoint number three, I won't stop him if he wants to go to Sunderland, and I wouldn't be upset if he stayed.

I remember some people relishing getting Naughton back because he looked good at Norwich, this may be the same case. Not saying that Naughton has been totally brick, but he hasn't necessarily looked calm and reassured in all of the games he's played this season. Could go either way.

Well he mostly played at right back for Norwich where he looked solid. He also looked solid at right back for us when he played, in fact we kept a cleansheet.

I've never seen a great deal in Naughton, he's a decent enough player but I've never thought he was going to be 1st choice RB for Spurs. Danny at age 21 was been written off by a large proportion of Spurs fans purely because of an overzealous tackle at Villa Park last season. If we're not silly in January and sell Rose then I'm confident he will become our 1st choice left back, perhaps not straight away but given the chance he will be, I'll say that now so it's on record. BAE was written off, but you ask about him on here now and miraculously everyone claims they said at the time he was going to be a good player when in reality probably only 10% of fans actually thought that, I can see the same happening in the future for Rose.

I've never seen a great deal in Naughton, he's a decent enough player but I've never thought he was going to be 1st choice RB for Spurs. Danny at age 21 was been written off by a large proportion of Spurs fans purely because of an overzealous tackle at Villa Park last season. If we're not silly in January and sell Rose then I'm confident he will become our 1st choice left back, perhaps not straight away but given the chance he will be, I'll say that now so it's on record. BAE was written off, but you ask about him on here now and miraculously everyone claims they said at the time he was going to be a good player when in reality probably only 10% of fans actually thought that, I can see the same happening in the future for Rose.

My mate who is a sunderland fan and goes to all their southern games and 4 or 5 home ones says he has been their best player this season.

I think that's the general consensus amongst Sunderland fans. They seem to think he'll be playing central midfield tomorrow night, basically they just want a team of Danny Roses.

It's his attitude that makes me think he won't make it at Spurs, if things aren't going his way he seems a fiesty little bastard. Seems to be fairly prone to outbursts.

He's shown he can be a very solid left back and puts in quality crosses and I want him to be a success but I think he'll feel he should be first choice LB wherever he goes after Sunderland, don't think we will be able to offer that here for a while and don't think he'll want another season on loan.

Judging from comments he has made he prefers to play further up the pitch, although after watching him a fair bit LB does seem his best position.

I think he is a useful squad player but I really doubt he can turn into a first choice LB the class of say BAE. Not as much a slight on him but these days we really do have a strong first team

Judging from comments he has made he prefers to play further up the pitch, although after watching him a fair bit LB does seem his best position.

I think he is a useful squad player but I really doubt he can turn into a first choice LB the class of say BAE. Not as much a slight on him but these days we really do have a strong first team

BAE was no better than Rose is earlier on in his Spurs career when he was the same age, if not a year or two older....

It's his attitude that makes me think he won't make it at Spurs, if things aren't going his way he seems a fiesty little bastard. Seems to be fairly prone to outbursts.

He's shown he can be a very solid left back and puts in quality crosses and I want him to be a success but I think he'll feel he should be first choice LB wherever he goes after Sunderland, don't think we will be able to offer that here for a while and don't think he'll want another season on loan.

Regarding his attitude, then I think a season playing for a side who's fighting relegation will help him mature. Just the fact that he's putting in some good performances for a team who's underperforming shows some character IMO.

BAE was no better than Rose is earlier on in his Spurs career when he was the same age, if not a year or two older....

he made too many mistakes but you could always see he had a bit of class about him that I haven't really seen from Rose. Would be pleased to be proved wrong of course and I truly do think he is a decent player that can play a part for us, however if we are to continue to push the top 4 don't know if he is good enough to be a regular at least not right now.

Well he mostly played at right back for Norwich where he looked solid. He also looked solid at right back for us when he played, in fact we kept a cleansheet.

Fair enough, he is naturally more of a right back and he did play good in that position. But that's why I don't really care too much about if Rose leaves or not, I don't believe both will be kept after this season, so who to keep? Naughton for backup on LB and RB or Rose for backup on LB, and if it's really thin, LW? Unless one of them has a massive development and takes the place from Benny.

On that note, haven't seen Rose this year, but have heard about the praise he gets from Sunderland fans and it's good to hear that he's doing well. When I think of Rose I think about the games he had at the end of the 10/11 season, he was very very good in those games I thought. Also nice to know that we have Adam Smith coming through, THFC - player factory since 2009.

Fair enough, he is naturally more of a right back and he did play good in that position. But that's why I don't really care too much about if Rose leaves or not, I don't believe both will be kept after this season, so who to keep? Naughton for backup on LB and RB or Rose for backup on LB, and if it's really thin, LW? Unless one of them has a massive development and takes the place from Benny.

On that note, haven't seen Rose this year, but have heard about the praise he gets from Sunderland fans and it's good to hear that he's doing well. When I think of Rose I think about the games he had at the end of the 10/11 season, he was very very good in those games I thought. Also nice to know that we have Adam Smith coming through, THFC - player factory since 2009.

Some of the Spurs yoof experts like Windy and Bankrupt rate Smith higher than Naughton already encouraging signs

We've missed him this season.

Not to say he is a crucial member of the squad but overall we lack cover for the wide players. If Rosé had been here to fill in for BAE then we could have Vertonghen finding his feet at CB, where he is mainly going to play for us, rather than LB.

Plus I don't think he was that bad for us, in fact he was a solid enough player. Yes the red card v Villa cost us CL football at that point, but you could point to Defoes miss v City, Foys refereeing at Stoke, a zillion other borderline decisions. We were so close to CL football last year it was by a whisker, which whisker well take your pick.

I would say that Roses tackle at Villa was selfish in the same way that Adebayors was at the Emirates - should have put the team first and his own fury second - but a mistake is a mistake. We will always have THAT goal, a wonderful moment in the history of THFC. And it made one cat very happy, at least.

Rose was not the reason we lost the champs league place, we threw that away in the previous few months. I know no one here is blaming rose but just wanted to add that anyway.

It seems to me he needs a full season playing in the premiership to grow as a player, and that is what he'll get at Sunderland. Caulker and Walker are two prime examples of that. If Rose is brought back in January he'll probably not make the 1st team because of Benny and just start moaning again (which is rather unprofessional I might add.)

I say leave him there until the end of the season and he'll probably grow into a better player and either oust Benny or we'll sell him for a few mil more.

Back