• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Drinkwater

A lot of papers linking us with him, saying he's stalling on a new contract blah blah blah. What do we think? Anything in it? Or just his agent working to get him some extra pennies?

A lot of papers linking us with him, saying he's stalling on a new contract blah blah blah. What do we think? Anything in it? Or just his agent working to get him some extra pennies?
The latter.... There is no way that we would pay a £20 million transfer fee on top of 4 million a year of wages.

The latter.... There is no way that we would pay a £20 million transfer fee on top of 4 million a year of wages.

Exactly; plus his agent seems to have several other PLs on their roster, including Trippier...plus they represent Bale...

I was wondering if we were doing a favour to allow our name be used, but actually the agent is showing how crap they are at the game: i mean after Wanyama why would we need a DM? Plus who in theor right mind would think we'd pay Drinkwater in excess of £80,000 lol??

Don't need this guy. No legs to this story at all.

If we are going to be linked to someone we won't buy I wish it could be someone a bit better. Either Isco or James Rodriguez would be a sexier target and equally as likely not to join Spurs.

Last edited:
No he hasn't, there was never an offer imo, just some tentative interested that was never pursued. We probably had some discussions and then signed Wanyama.

Drinkwater's agent to Paul Mitchell (or whomever) :
"Danny"s looking to move on from Leicester. Interested?"
PM :
"Think we're pretty well covered there, but I'll run it past the committee just to be sure".

Equals "Tottenham considering move for Drinkwater".

Drinkwater's agent to Paul Mitchell (or whomever) :
"Danny"s looking to move on from Leicester. Interested?"
PM :
"Think we're pretty well covered there, but I'll run it past the committee just to be sure".

Equals "Tottenham considering move for Drinkwater".

More likely:

Agent to Leicester owner: Danny deserves a big payrise
Owner: How about a small payrise?

Agent to journalist he knows: Help me out here and I'll owe you one

Leicester owner: Here's our second and final offer of a slightly bigger payrise.
Agent: Score. Guess those rumours of a move got you worried?
Owner: What rumour?

Back