• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Still we couldn't get rid of the deadwood, or couldn't manage expiring contracts. It was a football management disaster. I think Poch fell away from management far earlier than it seems.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That "deadwood" as you call them still have huge value and Levy will not intentionally burn money.

Wanyama, hopefully off to Celtic, now Jose & Co can work on getting the rest out.
Our transfer department feels 'haphazard' in its working and I'm being polite.

Been reported repeatedly that there was money to spend, but Pochettino either turned down players that were proposed or didn't want anyone.

I'm guessing a combination of a limited budget and Pochettino being a bit particular in what he wanted in the transfer market.

That is what both sides have repeated more then once, but it will not stop some from laying the blame at Levy's door.

Been reported repeatedly that there was money to spend, but Pochettino either turned down players that were proposed or didn't want anyone.

I'm guessing a combination of a limited budget and Pochettino being a bit particular in what he wanted in the transfer market.

And making the point (again) that he was no longer going to accept cut-rate squad-filler in place of first choices if he was going to take the club any further. It's still my personal belief that Levy's inability/unwillingness to take that message on board then is a large part of the reason Pochettino isn't here anymore.

Last edited:
And making the point (again) that he was no longer going to accept cut-rate squad-filler in place of first choices if he was going to take the club any further. It's still my personal belief that Levy's inability/unwillingness to take that message on board then is a large part of the reason Pochettino isn't here anymore.
You mean the squad filler that came in under his tenure?

That he was no longer prepared to accept, yes. I believe you've got it.
Ok the played he brought then
Don’t forget pretty much every first 11 player was here before he came
So the chaff came under his decision making, unless of course he had NO say in the signings which would be rare

Ok the played he bought then
So the chaff came under his decision making, unless of course he had NO say in the signings which would be rare

I think early on, he was willing to accept the limitations, on the promise of jam tomorrow. I think what eventually happened is he realised the jam wasn't going to materialise in time for him (the "need to be brave" speech, later followed by "I'm not the manager, I'm the Head Coach").

I think early on, he was willing to accept the limitations, on the promise of jam tomorrow. I think what eventually happened is he realised the jam wasn't going to materialise in time for him (the "need to be brave" speech, later followed by "I'm not the manager, I'm the Head Coach").
That speech he gave this summer after he signed the dross?
Just checking because as a manager (Which his title was changed too) he had full accountability for sign off on signings. He was part of that committee, hence why we signed all the targets that were rumoured to be his this summer.
Let’s not start some revisionism here... Poch is IMO the best manager I’ve seen in my adult life here and an amazing coach. His record in the transfer market though was and is poor, but you can counter that with the value of sales generated from the development he gave players to increase value

That speech he gave this summer after he signed the dross?
Just checking because as a manager (Which his title was changed too) he had full accountability for sign off on signings. He was part of that committee, hence why we signed all the targets that were rumoured to be his this summer.
Let’s not start some revisionism here... Poch is IMO the best manager I’ve seen in my adult life here and an amazing coach. His record in the transfer market though was and is poor, but you can counter that with the value of sales generated from the development he gave players to increase value

It's clear to me from the "not the manager" stuff that he didn't feel his opinion was given enough weight. If that's not how you feel, fine, I respect that.

Ok the played he bought then
Dele, Moura, Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Son and Sissoko (ew) not including this season's obvious signings were not all here before Poch arrived.

It does seem clear that Poch did not have final say, he was on the committee but Levy welds ultimate power there and Poch did make it known that he was the coach and not the manager so he has a great deal of mitigating circumstance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Dele, Moura, Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Son and Sissoko (ew) not including this season's obvious signings were not all here before Poch arrived.

It does seem clear that Poch did not have final say, he was on the committee but Levy welds ultimate power there and Poch did make it known that he was the coach and not the manager so he has a great deal of mitigating circumstance.

Poch also made a big deal when they changed his title...

And yep their signings that were made under a Poch tenure, although Dele was all about pleat by all accounts and every concluded a Poch didn’t want Sissoko at the time ...

It's clear to me from the "not the manager" stuff that he didn't feel his opinion was given enough weight. If that's not how you feel, fine, I respect that.

that came this summer after he said he would leave if he won the CL
He didn’t say that after signing his extended contract

I think common sense would suggest he was working with a hand tied behind his back with regards to transfers due to financial constraints so it's hard to be too damning of his record in the market, whether he had the final say on deals or not.

Personally i think it was mad to ditch the DoF set up

that came this summer after he said he would leave if he won the CL
He didn’t say that after signing his extended contract

Perhaps not. I don't know what was or wasn't said behind closed doors, but we can only go on what he did say publicly afterwards. He'd repeatedly said the approach had to change, and it either didn't, or it didn't change quickly enough for him.

Alli was signed beforehand, suggested by Pleat iirc.

Back