• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Yeah me too especially after that Gooner prick. I was sure Hoddle would do well for us because he's got such a great football brain and he is Tottenham. I know the end was night though when Southampton whacked us 4-0 in the cup. Hoddle went on for a while after that but the writing was on the wall. Desperately sad he didn't do it for us.

I remember leaving Stamford Bridge after we'd been done 4-2 and the cokehead had bagged a brace...I said to my mate that day that I felt it was over and it was sad but inevitable...

I was over the moon when we gave Glenn the job and if it had not been for Friedel we would have won 2002 cup final, but it goes to show that the best players rarely turn out to be the best managers.

In unison with Ferdinand's inability to place a finish rather than simply thumping the ball as hard as he could, if I recall.

Last edited:
The moment of truth is at hand imo...if Levy and ENIC are indeed cheap bottlers (in terms of footballing ambition in the form of trophies and not just CL money, sponsorship and toppling the Deloitte Leagues) there will be nowhere to hide as Jose will make it known to the world and every stray dog.

Popcorn either way one looks at it.

Well, i'm strapped in..

The moment of truth is at hand imo...if Levy and ENIC are indeed cheap bottlers (in terms of footballing ambition in the form of trophies and not just CL money, sponsorship and toppling the Deloitte Leagues) there will be nowhere to hide as Jose will make it known to the world and every stray dog.

Well, i'm strapped in..

This it for us and the project now, make or break time.
I hope the timing right, its 18 months early imv and that makes me nervous.

Well, i'm strapped in..
Is every week the moment of truth?

That year and a bit that we didn't sign any players... Was there any any definitive reason for it? It's not like it was the first time we were on a shoestring budget, and of course we have loads of underutilised players on the books/bench too. Its buy/sell by committee I'm sure, but hope it's sorted now with the stadium done, and a proven world class manager to take us to the next level.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That year and a bit that we didn't sign any players... Was there any any definitive reason for it? It's not like it was the first time we were on a shoestring budget, and of course we have loads of underutilised players on the books/bench too. Its buy/sell by committee I'm sure, but hope it's sorted now with the stadium done, and a proven world class manager to take us to the next level.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Been reported repeatedly that there was money to spend, but Pochettino either turned down players that were proposed or didn't want anyone.

I'm guessing a combination of a limited budget and Pochettino being a bit particular in what he wanted in the transfer market.

Been reported repeatedly that there was money to spend, but Pochettino either turned down players that were proposed or didn't want anyone.

I'm guessing a combination of a limited budget and Pochettino being a bit particular in what he wanted in the transfer market.
Apparently some he wanted we just couldn't get over the line.

Back