• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

NB in terms of a 'sleeve sponsor' for Spurs, or stadium sponsor for that matter.

I really really hate the Goon's Visit Rwanda and Everton's Angry Birds sleeve sponsor, that is so prominent that whenever I see their shirt I just think 'what the actual flip'?

But I noticed Burnley's main sponsor and sleeve sponsor is just some Chinese characters. It might say 'Visit Beijing' or 'Mao is GHod' or 'Smell my cheese' but I don't care.

Perhaps Spurs could get some huge Chinese sponsor and thus just have some Chinese characters, rather than something legible/noticeable.

NB in terms of a 'sleeve sponsor' for Spurs, or stadium sponsor for that matter.

I really really hate the Goon's Visit Rwanda and Everton's Angry Birds sleeve sponsor, that is so prominent that whenever I see their shirt I just think 'what the actual flip'?

But I noticed Burnley's main sponsor and sleeve sponsor is just some Chinese characters. It might say 'Visit Beijing' or 'Mao is GHod' or 'Smell my cheese' but I don't care.

Perhaps Spurs could get some huge Chinese sponsor and thus just have some Chinese characters, rather than something legible/noticeable.

In fairness some small Chinese writing, on white short sleeves, might just look like some of those modern brick tattoos that some young people like to have.

He is going to have to make a big decision soon, protect his investment.

I worry he has become friends with Poch and cant see clearly.

He seems to get pretty close to all the managers who have a good run, seemingly he is still mates with Hoddle, Redknapp says nice things about him
even now, and of course he gave Jol a Porsche for his birthday once.

He’s a pro, he’s not shied away from tough decisions before.

He seems to get pretty close to all the managers who have a good run, seemingly he is still mates with Hoddle, Redknapp says nice things about him
even now, and of course he gave Jol a Porsche for his birthday once.

He’s a pro, he’s not shied away from tough decisions before.

He also knows, if he removes Poch, all eyes absolutely will be on him from outside and within football.
We aren't 'plucky old Spurs' anymore and there'll be no place to hide if he really actually is more interested in growing the club from a financial pov over the growing the club in terms of achievements on the field.

I think that possibility of being exposed is why i think Poch will stay even if things get far worse than they are now...

Are you saying he should sack Poch? Who comes in?

I'm saying he can't do nothing

- Either he backs Poch publicly and says there will be money to improve the squad, possibly suggests help (new coaching staff?)
- Or pull the trigger now

My opinion doesn't matter, but while we can agree to disagree mate, you really can't believe any incoming manager will have a less than 25% win rate with this squad?

- Either he backs Poch publicly and says there will be money to improve the squad, possibly suggests help (new coaching staff?)

My opinion doesn't matter, but while we can agree to disagree mate, you really can't believe any incoming manager will have a less than 25% win rate with this squad?

Has Levy ever been public?
Do we know anything about what's going on behind the scenes?
Indications are that we are still trying to sign the players we missed out on in the summer.
That looks like continuing to follow a plan, a plan you can't be sure a new manager will want to follow.
Of course that is gossip and we really don't know, and I don't see that changing.
Levy doesn't do public.

- Backing Poch in public is fan service, no more, and usually seen in an entirely negative light (note Emerys kiss of death today).

- Pulling the trigger now could well save our season, but it is a gamble. One I think Levy will take only as a last resort kind of move.

Option 3 is that Levy gives Poch as long as he can to sort things out. Which is where I think he's at right now.

I fully expect he has managerial options in the pipeline just in case, but I think he'll hold fire until absolutely necessary.

Question is, how long is that?

Some here expect the whole season, personally I think time is short. So either things start turning for the better, or Levy has no choice.

Its still in the balance though.

- Backing Poch in public is fan service, no more, and usually seen in an entirely negative light (note Emerys kiss of death today).

- Pulling the trigger now could well save our season, but it is a gamble. One I think Levy will take only as a last resort kind of move.

Option 3 is that Levy gives Poch as long as he can to sort things out. Which is where I think he's at right now.

I fully expect he has managerial options in the pipeline just in case, but I think he'll hold fire until absolutely necessary.

Question is, how long is that?

Some here expect the whole season, personally I think time is short. So either things start turning for the better, or Levy has no choice.

Its still in the balance though.

Mate, honestly option 3 doesn't exist, it's

1. Either back him
2. Fire him

And number 1 doesn't come without caveats, if you have someone managing a business for you that is so badly performing, however you believe they can turn it around, you create a plan. That plan will come with help (public backing, additional help, change of staff below, something).

And Poch not taking that help is a death sentence, because again if your manager came to you, said we need to sort this out and you said "leave it to me" and did not turn it around, no second chances.

I also don't believe 2 is a risk at this point, literally no manager will do worse than a 25% win rate over an extended period of time.

Mate, honestly option 3 doesn't exist, it's

1. Either back him
2. Fire him

And number 1 doesn't come without caveats, if you have someone managing a business for you that is so badly performing, however you believe they can turn it around, you create a plan. That plan will come with help (public backing, additional help, change of staff below, something).

And Poch not taking that help is a death sentence, because again if your manager came to you, said we need to sort this out and you said "leave it to me" and did not turn it around, no second chances.

I also don't believe 2 is a risk at this point, literally no manager will do worse than a 25% win rate over an extended period of time.

There is no reason for 1 to happen publicly, none at all. And Im sure its been done behind closed doors, its just good sense. Remember Levy and Pochs dinner to clear the air etc? Im sure its all part of the same thing.

3 is most certainly an option, the one that fits between 1 and 2, and IMO is what Levy is doing right now. As I said - the only question is how long he will be prepared to hold out before having to act.

2 is always a risk. Its also a risk to just blindly back a manager. Choose your risk... Or, more appropriately - what risk will the rather safety first Levy find most acceptable?

For me, itll be completely exhausting the option of staying with Poch first, before taking the jump.

Has Levy ever supported a manager in the transfer market.....Liverpool a few years ago were creeping up and on our tails but kept losing crucial games like us to get to the title,what they do,go out buy two players for a start fill those cracks for over £150 mill,a keeper and centre half...plus a few side on players on top...where are they now,they supported Klopp in the market and,where are we, fannying around lower to mid table ,players not being moved on,players disenchanted when they are being pushed out.

We say this every time what does Levy and Lewis want from the club,one trophy in 20 years is their record or a shiny new stadium to bring their mates around for a drink or two.....Leicester City second in the league plus premiership winners,need i say more,what have we done under Levy?

Back