• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Why can’t everyone understand the simple concept that it costs more money to get deals done early, and that we might not be able to afford that extra money? By all accounts Lo Celso would have cost an extra 10-20m to get in earlier. Same for Sessegnon. And in total our net spend is already looking like 120m as it is.

I would have thought that getting Ndombele in early would have cut Levy some slack this year, as it shows he’s willing to deal early if the price is right (even if it’s still a lot of money).

(Directed at people like the tweeter above).

Why can’t everyone understand the simple concept that it costs more money to get deals done early, and that we might not be able to afford that extra money? By all accounts Lo Celso would have cost an extra 10-20m to get in earlier. Same for Sessegnon. And in total our net spend is already looking like 120m as it is.

I would have thought that getting Ndombele in early would have cut Levy some slack this year, as it shows he’s willing to deal early if the price is right (even if it’s still a lot of money).

The window closing earlier for us changes this completely - not that I agreed it did in the first place.

We can be held to ransom if there is an auction as the window shuts earlier.

(Directed at people like the tweeter above).

NDombele is the biggest deal of the summer. PERFECTLY fills the void in midfield. Got done early, costing a lot of money. Levy did what he needed to.

Everything else is then a juggling act.

All indications are that we are trying to get Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Dybala AND possibly a RB done today.

I know its late* but Im also very sure there is literally no chance we could have pulled in the same players in one window trying to get all the deals done early.

*While it is late, Sessegnon has been injured until now, and both Lo Celso and Dybala were at the Copa America and have only just returned to training at their respective clubs anyway.

Also, the team looks good without them. There isnt the urgency to get them involved as some seem to think.

6pm tonight I'm going to start a twitter runour that he's at downing st collecting his eurosrar ticket to Brussels for Monday morning as our new representative to the EU.
Brexit can't be any more complicated than the dybala deal.
Of course it's a bit closer to the deadline than what DL would normally start negotiating but let's just get it done.

6pm tonight I'm going to start a twitter runour that he's at downing st collecting his eurosrar ticket to Brussels for Monday morning as our new representative to the EU.
Brexit can't be any more complicated than the dybala deal.
Of course it's a bit closer to the deadline than what DL would normally start negotiating but let's just get it done.

And we know that if DL says 'no deal', he means it!

I very much appreciate Daniel Levy and what he has done for this club. But lets take stock. After not spending for three transfer windows in a row this summer we have spent 53m on Ndombele, 25m on Sessengon, 10m on Jack Clarke and 15m on Lo Celso. 103m. Still not want Villa have spent. Or Fulham last summer. With reaching the champions league final, the new AIA Shirt deal, the income from our own stadium rolling in, the NFL deal etc and a possible big bump from stadium naming rights. I have to admit. I was hoping for more intent this summer.

Next summer could be another turn around with the likelyhood of Eriksen and Toby Leaving. Prices are only going up and up.

What will make this transfer window special is if Verts, Toby, and Eriksen have new contracts announced later tonight.

I very much appreciate Daniel Levy and what he has done for this club. But lets take stock. After not spending for three transfer windows in a row this summer we have spent 53m on Ndombele, 25m on Sessengon, 10m on Jack Clarke and 15m on Lo Celso. 103m. Still not want Villa have spent. Or Fulham last summer. With reaching the champions league final, the new AIA Shirt deal, the income from our own stadium rolling in, the NFL deal etc and a possible big bump from stadium naming rights. I have to admit. I was hoping for more intent this summer.

Next summer could be another turn around with the likelyhood of Eriksen and Toby Leaving. Prices are only going up and up.

Some decent points and good counter argument. But who have Villa bought? I genuinely don’t know. Anyone we’d want? We’ve outspent Liverpool and spent comparably with our other rivals. I genuinely believe we were in for Dybala. Don’t blame Levy on that one. He got our number 1 target early in the summer in the place on the pitch we most needed it. I think Levy’s done well.

My only disappointment is the lack of intent to get a right back because were exposed there. But maybe that was Poch-driven as he has a plan. Same as he had when he converted Dier to a midfielder.

I’m excited. I just hope Eriksen hasn’t burned bridges and we can maybe do something to turn that situation around.

Edit. The Lo Celso fee is also much higher. Levy and Betis have just dingdonged PSG.

Some decent points and good counter argument. But who have Villa bought? I genuinely don’t know. Anyone we’d want? We’ve outspent Liverpool and spent comparably with our other rivals. I genuinely believe we were in for Dybala. Don’t blame Levy on that one. He got our number 1 target early in the summer in the place on the pitch we most needed it. I think Levy’s done well.

My only disappointment is the lack of intent to get a right back because were exposed there. But maybe that was Poch-driven as he has a plan. Same as he had when he converted Dier to a midfielder.

I’m excited. I just hope Eriksen hasn’t burned bridges and we can maybe do something to turn that situation around.

Liverpool Dashed their load lost Off season. They did it with intent to get better and save in future windows. I hoped we had done the same but in reverse. Saved up for a few windows to splash out this summer on transfers.

Its not the players Villa etc bought. Its more the intent and outlay of cash I was intimating for. City didnt really need anyone but have spent another 120m on what could be cosidered two squad players. United Spent about 150m. Its not really about spending money though. what I want for the club is to get in players that means we will Keep others like Kane etc. For us to challenge. We needed a bigger squad.

Im not upset about the right back position. I have some faith in KWP and I like to see a route into the first team for our young players. Rather than spending 30m on someone from another league that might not make it.

Liverpool Dashed their load lost Off season. They did it with intent to get better and save in future windows. I hoped we had done the same but in reverse. Saved up for a few windows to splash out this summer on transfers.

Its not the players Villa etc bought. Its more the intent and outlay of cash I was intimating for. City didnt really need anyone but have spent another 120m on what could be cosidered two squad players. United Spent about 150m. Its not really about spending money though. what I want for the club is to get in players that means we will Keep others like Kane etc. For us to challenge. We needed a bigger squad.

Im not upset about the right back position. I have some faith in KWP and I like to see a route into the first team for our young players. Rather than spending 30m on someone from another league that might not make it.

I think the Dybala chase showed intent. That one excited me and I’m a bit disappointed it didn’t happen. But I don’t blame the club. I believe they did everything reasonably possible to get him.

Who else that moved would have been that “intent signing”? I’d have liked Wan Bissaka but it wouldn’t have had me creaming myself.

I’m very positive after this window in terms of what we got and how we conducted ourselves.

Man utd might have spent £150m but how much have recouped?
And really complaining us to villa in bad light, really? I mean really?

You haven’t factored in the wages and agents’ fees, plus the outstanding £40m for Lo Celso to which we’re committed.

And there was the additional £60m-ish he was clearly prepared to drop on Dybala, plus wages and associated costs.

Lack of intent is one thing that can’t be levied at Levy this summer.

You haven’t factored in the wages and agents’ fees, plus the outstanding £40m for Lo Celso to which we’re committed.

And there was the additional £60m-ish he was clearly prepared to drop on Dybala, plus wages and associated costs.

Lack of intent is one thing that can’t be levied at Levy this summer.

Agreed. I was massively critical of him last summer and stand by much of it but I think he’s done great this year. A right back and Dybala and it would have been perfect but probably fantasy land. If we can retrieve the Eriksen situation then we may not be much worse if (or at all) than if we had Dybala.

Back