• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

"They just need to look around the training ground they're currently stood in, or look at the emerging NWHL, to see why Levy is worth his pay. I don't think any of them are that thick tbh."

Same reverse argument though isn't it?

"Just need to look at the players performance, CL qualification to see the players are worth paying the same as the Liverpool players"

I'm not great at economics, but hasn't our turnover increased because of borrowing for the stadium? I.e it isn't sustainable income increase like rises in sponsorship, matchday, tv or retail revenue.

No, it is all genuine revenue items, the type Deloitte count in their rankings. The increase is mainly due to two big additions, the Champions League revenue (an extra £25m on Europa the year before) and the new TV contract (extra £55m). The other £20m came from small increases in domestic cup revenue, sponsorship, merchandising, etc.

All this is very interesting. I would imagine that agents would be using this as some sort of negotiating tactic, and to be frank I don't think it has any legs really. You don't go into a negotiation with someone and say my client deserves a pay rise of X% because that is what you got. It just doesn't work that way.

We will know next year what the yearly salary is, but I think he has always been one of the top 4 highest paid chairman in the league from a salary and bonus point of view. But we need to ensure that we are comparing apples with apples. Gazidis gets paid £2.7m a year. Chelsea have a bit more of a weird structure in that the equivalent role for Levy is done by a number of different people which amounts to more than Levy. Liverpool's chairman gets paid less I believe, but I don't think his role is the same but could be wrong.

Staff costs have increased from £100m to £127m. Next year would be higher as a number of contracts were renegotiated either in the second half of that year or after the year-end, meaning we don't know the full yearly increase. Our playing squad has not increased by that much, so you would have to assume that this increase is mainly people (and players) getting paid more than they were previously. That's at least a 27% increase, and more than likely more on an annualised basis.

Levy's total salary (all monies paid to him including benefits and bonus) was £2.8m the year before. It was £2.6m the year before that and £6m in the current year (of which I think we can safely assume £3m is backdated). Personally, I think it is a little excessive when put into context of others. However, we can't argue that he has not been a big driver of the success that we have. He could have been less transparent about it and paid a dividend instead which he would have got close to a third of, or provided a loan to the company that attracts interest. He has not. Why I won't get annoyed about this is because he has brought success and has made this club much better. That's all I care about as a customer and fan.

Danny should get the players on a plane to Barbados or get Joe to pay a visit before the Watford game and thank them for boxing above their weight. Remind them that they have moved the club closer to were it should be, and how close we are.

It's been a though road from Sugars stagnation decade waiting to win the league by default when everyone else went bankrupt. How'd that work out clam.

Anyway the players are on their knees, and need a lift. The days off before the game should help, but everything should be done to get us back to winning the last four games which is doable. Some of these guys have given so much in the last 4-5 years and should be reminded.

I was just wondering, levy being an important guy, you see him at matches obviously, but do any of you London dwellers ever casually see him hanging about in London? Does he always have an entourage/life guards with him? I'm just curious as to whether or not he's having to face fans on a daily basis giving him abuse or wanting to talk to him etc. He's a bit of an enigma to me. Very mystical in some weird boring way, haha, and for some reason I just can't see him standing down on the local shop explaining stuff about the club to locals.

I was just wondering, levy being an important guy, you see him at matches obviously, but do any of you London dwellers ever casually see him hanging about in London? Does he always have an entourage/life guards with him? I'm just curious as to whether or not he's having to face fans on a daily basis giving him abuse or wanting to talk to him etc. He's a bit of an enigma to me. Very mystical in some weird boring way, haha, and for some reason I just can't see him standing down on the local shop explaining stuff about the club to locals.
I’d imagine he drives or is driven to work early and finished late and he seems to want to avoid the limelight given the number of interviews he has given over the years. I guess your best chance of bumping into him would be an exclusive restaurant.

When his time here is done he could release a book that reveals he reasons behind a lot of the decisions he made, sure to have a lot of interest. Doesn’t seem the type though.

I’d imagine he drives or is driven to work early and finished late and he seems to want to avoid the limelight given the number of interviews he has given over the years. I guess your best chance of bumping into him would be an exclusive restaurant.

When his time here is done he could release a book that reveals he reasons behind a lot of the decisions he made, sure to have a lot of interest. Doesn’t seem the type though.

True, but Alex Ferguson didn't seem the type either. I'm pretty sure he won't though. Strange fellow, I'd like to hear his own reasoning behind always leaving it late in the transfer window, I just don't see the logic behind how that could get us anything other than wantaways and outcasts from other clubs, albeit cheap. Oh, well, we've had that discussion before.

True, but Alex Ferguson didn't seem the type either. I'm pretty sure he won't though. Strange fellow, I'd like to hear his own reasoning behind always leaving it late in the transfer window, I just don't see the logic behind how that could get us anything other than wantaways and outcasts from other clubs, albeit cheap. Oh, well, we've had that discussion before.

In this particular instance it seems like we just didn't really go for anyone, rather than deliberately leaving it late to make our moves, looks like we cut our losses on Zaha early and Grealish was just a bit of a punt we were happy to play chicken over.

In this particular instance it seems like we just didn't really go for anyone, rather than deliberately leaving it late to make our moves, looks like we cut our losses on Zaha early and Grealish was just a bit of a punt we were happy to play chicken over.

Yeah, that seems to be the case now, indeed. :)

People often seem to see him on the tube

C1R0d-DUAAEcMax.jpg

images

Life guards? Presumably you were thinking Minder rather than Baywatch, but it's a nice idea.

I'm sure we had targets and enquired about several players, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. It's confirmed Levy called Manure about Martial, isn't it?

Back