• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Good luck to him, he seems to think a gold medal is important I think the final stage of the Tour De France is more important but good luck to him, Vivani is already training for it so he needs to be on top form to beat him and the impressive Garva who is doing well in the Tour of Poland.

I will be watching Cav in Doha in the Autumn when I expect him to get the world road championship if the Brits control the break aways.

Britain's greatest sporting athlete of all time.

Shouldn't we rename this thread "The Drugs Thread"?

It is the most tested sport in the world now, one where even training data is taken into account. It is probably the cleanest sport of any that British athletes compete in and something we excel in, we should be praising them. Also the way these cyclists from all around the world crash then get up and carry on cycling with such painful injuries put other sports to shame.

Also the way these cyclists from all around the world crash then get up and carry on cycling with such painful injuries put other sports to shame.
That's all the drugs coursing through their veins. Have you ever been drunk and partied on despite injury?

The drug takers just have to stay one step ahead of the testers. You know that. In your heart, you know they are drugged up. How else could you cycle all day every day? I once spent 30 seconds on an exercise bike... sod that for a game of soldiers

That's all the drugs coursing through their veins. Have you ever been drunk and partied on despite injury?

The drug takers just have to stay one step ahead of the testers. You know that. In your heart, you know they are drugged up. How else could you cycle all day every day? I once spent 30 seconds on an exercise bike... sod that for a game of soldiers

There blood is kept for retrospective testing so if any have been doing it they will be caught. You can cycle all day everyday easily, a few years ago I was cycling 70-90 miles a day for 5 days a week, and that was in my late 40's so youngsters should be able to do it for a lot longer.

There blood is kept for retrospective testing so if any have been doing it they will be caught.
Just like the Russians. They'll be caught eventually, just a matter of time.

They all want that 1% improvement... and really what is the difference between breathing oxygen, training at altitude, ice baths for recovery, cryogenic chambers, an oxygen tent, having a blood transfusion... it's all natural stuff and helps recovery.

Just like the Russians. They'll be caught eventually, just a matter of time.

They all want that 1% improvement... and really what is the difference between breathing oxygen, training at altitude, ice baths for recovery, cryogenic chambers, an oxygen tent, having a blood transfusion... it's all natural stuff and helps recovery.

We went to one in Kensington last year, they are used for beauty treatments as well. I see no difference to the change in training methods to footballers not eating a fry up on the morning of a match.

We went to one in Kensington last year, they are used for beauty treatments as well. I see no difference to the change in training methods to footballers not eating a fry up on the morning of a match.
Precisely my point Benjamin old bean. Those molecules are nearly the same as these molecules. When the science gets so complex... we are splitting hairs. Injecting a rooster's comb into one's knee was the norm decades ago, where will it all end? Blending a beluga whale's brain and downing it on the podium? Having KT1-gh8a mytosis reanactment regimen during the ride? Yeah, I made that up.

By the way, I read a news story about Cav giving up because he wasn't going to win the green jersey. Some bloke I've never heard of has won it the last 5 years, what has Cav been doing for 5 years?

He's never won an Olympic medal either but you claim he is great, I don't understand how he hasn't won these big events?

By the way, I read a news story about Cav giving up because he wasn't going to win the green jersey. Some bloke I've never heard of has won it the last 5 years, what has Cav been doing for 5 years?

He's never won an Olympic medal either but you claim he is great, I don't understand how he hasn't won these big events?

that "some bloke" you're never heard of is the most talented all round cyclist in the world

Cav has won 30 stages of the Tour, the Tour is cycling, he is an all time great and unquestionably the greatest sprinter of all time, he's also been a world champion and one multiple one day/classics

Cav never even competes for the green jersey points and has no interest in winning due in part to the outstanding once in a many generation cyclist that is Sagan, who when he retires will be compared to the all time greats throughout history.

Cav has won the points jersey in all 3 grand tours, another thing to note about cav is that when he has raced the Giro he gets to the finish showing respect for that tour unlike Griepel and Kittel. For him to not finish the Tour De France shows how important it is to be part of the track team at the Olympics.

Cav is the best pure sprinter in the world, I would not expect Bolt to be winning the 800 metres and longer distances, though of course they are still running disciplines. Bolt is still the best sprinter but he does it over 100 and 200 metres.

I was wondering if Cav would go to Paris. I read that he had to promise not to finish to get selection for Rio and that perhaps he has gone longer than expected. He had the three wins in the first week or so, and could easily have quit then and avoided the Pyrenees, but continued to get a fourth stage. I'd guess he is quitting reluctantly, but those four big Alpine stages before Paris are not ideal preparation for Rio.

I love cycling it is my favourite sport, Tottenham still coming first in the love stakes though.

Must say I am always open and honest and prepared to admit when things are worrying in my sport, I am slightly nervous about the amount of British cyclists who have "Asthma" find it very peculiar. Thankfully GHod himself....cav has not been one of the ones who was hacked by the ruskkies.

Back