• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

This article sums up what i have been thinking
http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/07/bugno-declares-cavendish-a-disgrace-to-the-rainbow-stripes/?

someone needs to get in cavs head and tell him he has made a huge fudging mistake. I do not buy this whole argument about him getting thee world championship so he has to give up on stage victories it was team Britain that got him the worlds and not sky and frankly he was Britains best chance of doing this so it was a 2 way street.

Wiggins saying he will race for cav in Paris is not good enough in my view and London can go fudge itself, i shant be watching any of it anyway, but it can still go fudge itself.

I have actually ended up hoping wiggins does not win the tour such is my level of disgust for how they have treated the greatest sportsman to ever come from our shores. It is all very sad and depressing for me, think im going to hit the buffet in town and forget about how they have treated marky.

I think Cavendish is a massive team player and is delighted to be playing his part.

Is it me or is Bradley Wiggins a complete prick? He made a comment today, said most people who go to watch the TDF are good people, but there's a minority of idiots. He also said the police should "send them to a football match or something." So he's had a dig at football and tennis in the last week.

What's the deal with those ridiculous sideburns btw?

AxxpGGHCIAE2MEI.png

Just caught up with all the latest cycling shenanigans (I've been away)

Jesus Christ, what a joke of a sport. :ross:

Why don't they just allow all drugs and let the crack heads get on with it

Just caught up with all the latest cycling shenanigans (I've been away)

Jesus Christ, what a joke of a sport. :ross:

Why don't they just allow all drugs and let the crack heads get on with it

actually the is some doubt as to what frank took as some are saying it is a dietary pill and was not on the banned list.

There needs to be life bans for drug users i agree, but often people take pain killers that have been give the ok to then find out that they are later put on the banned list, only to be taken off later on.

Cycling is far from a joke sport with the majority of cyclists riding clean and performing well. Cycling has stronger anti doping rules then every other sport and has improved so much over the last 10 years. People that actually follow the sport know this though.

actually the is some doubt as to what frank took as some are saying it is a dietary pill and was not on the banned list.

There needs to be life bans for drug users i agree, but often people take pain killers that have been give the ok to then find out that they are later put on the banned list, only to be taken off later on.

Cycling is far from a joke sport with the majority of cyclists riding clean and performing well. Cycling has stronger anti doping rules then every other sport and has improved so much over the last 10 years. People that actually follow the sport know this though.

It was a diuretic substance that masks other drugs.

That's the official line from every cycling fan. Yes you could say that a lot of cyclists get caught because their testing policies are so stringent and the governing bodies are doing their absolute best to rid the sport of the cheats, but it's record speaks for itself (and it isn't good) when it comes to the volume of cyclists who have been done for PED's so naturally people are skeptical about the sport.

Must admit, I'd love it, LOVE IT, if Scheleck got a ban.

Him and his dweeb of a brother were so whinny about Contador failing a test (for eating contaminated meat) getting on their high horse.
What's he saying now, if his B test comes back positive then he's making an allegation to the police that he's been poisoned!!
Gimmie a break.

Just think it's so funny, but hurtful for the sport.

If Wiggins wins this year tour (almost certain after today) what happens next year to Team Sky??

Will they let Froome go for the win, will they try harder for Cav now he doesnt have the Olympics? What happens to Wiggins...will he have to support Froome or will the team try and help him defend the title?

So many questions!

One thing though... A possible 1,2 this year is a great result.

I read that wiggins has already said he would ride for froome next year. Wiggins know this was his best chance and next year with more mountains what with it being the 100th edition he is not likely to do as well.

He would show real humility if he handed over to Froome, for me im just depressed at what this means for Cavendish, think he is the one that really needs to leave if they keep going for GC. Team sky have some very good riders though because Geriant Thomas is a guy who could well win classics and richie porte looks good for a future GC top place. Not to mention Ben Swift is doing well in the Tour of Poland.

I think Brailsford has to much power with team GB and Sky, i would like to know who exactly he is putting forward for the worlds this year seeing as it is a hilly course. We do not get much in the interviews from this lot about the future, everything is about the first British winner of the tour. Im very interested to see how the lay of the land is in a few months time.

Seen some very good young cyclists in this tour come forward and i think some of them will be the major names for the next 10 years. I think the way sagan showed a little form in the low mountains was actually a little scary at to how good he could be. Would love to see him get green this year but in future years go for the others.

Anyone else think Froome will want to make a statement in the Time Trial coming up?

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to chuckle if he turned it round!

Anyone else think Froome will want to make a statement in the Time Trial coming up?

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to chuckle if he turned it round!

good luck to him if he could, i doubt he will be able to do it in the time trial and finish above brad, but i have read a few times how wiggins said he will ride for Froome i honestly think next year you will see the roles reversed which is going to leave cav in a very bad position.

Chris Anker-Sørensen caught two of his fingers in his wheel today. According to Bjarne Riis they're completely torn up and he's undergoing surgery tonight to transplant some skin.

good luck to him if he could, i doubt he will be able to do it in the time trial and finish above brad, but i have read a few times how wiggins said he will ride for Froome i honestly think next year you will see the roles reversed which is going to leave cav in a very bad position.

I'd prefer Froome left and lead another team. The sport needs more competition. I know this tour's missing a few big names but as a competition it's been pretty lame this year.
How much more exciting would it be Froome vs Wiggins vs Contador vs Schleck vs Nibali vs Van Garderen.

This tour has been the equivalent of watching the Scottish premiership unfold.

I'd prefer Froome left and lead another team. The sport needs more competition. I know this tour's missing a few big names but as a competition it's been pretty lame this year.
How much more exciting would it be Froome vs Wiggins vs Contador vs Schleck vs Nibali vs Van Garderen.

This tour has been the equivalent of watching the Scottish premiership unfold.

It's become the norm since Armstrong started doing it. It's the strongest team that wins the GC. Just need someone who's good at TT and decent in the mountains. And it's really boring to watch when nobody is allowed to go on the attack because others are protecting their top 10 position.

Back