• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Obviously this tour is all about Wiggins, but it seems like Froome is the strongest rider. Perhaps Froome for the 2013 yellow jersey?

For a sport with the reputation like cycling, I don't understand the lack of lifetime bans for those failing drugs tests

The UCI have no real interest in cleaning up the sport, they just pay lip service to the idea. All they care about is their commercial interests. Banning Contador would be like FIFA banning Ronaldo for something.

Then Rio Ferdinand should have a lifetime ban? (in cycling he would have been fired from his team, but fergie defended him)
Kolo Toure failed a test, and got mere 6 month ban
Pep Guardiola got 4 monts for use of nandrolone, 8 years later he gets cleared of charges - too big to fail maybe?
Ever wondered why footballers seem to recover from injuries in record time?

Cycling is infested with doping, but the sport is also one of the most active in the search of offenders - how would the Ronaldos, Rooneys (not near world class, but a name), Zlatans of football, if they were to report their whereabouts to FIFA every day?

I thought I seen everything in cycling but some idiot throwing tacks on the road at the top of a mountain. Luckily no one was seriously injured on the way down.

Is it me or is Bradley Wiggins a complete prick? He made a comment today, said most people who go to watch the TDF are good people, but there's a minority of idiots. He also said the police should "send them to a football match or something." So he's had a dig at football and tennis in the last week.

What's the deal with those ridiculous sideburns btw?

Last edited:
This article sums up what i have been thinking
http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/07/bugno-declares-cavendish-a-disgrace-to-the-rainbow-stripes/?

someone needs to get in cavs head and tell him he has made a huge fudging mistake. I do not buy this whole argument about him getting thee world championship so he has to give up on stage victories it was team Britain that got him the worlds and not sky and frankly he was Britains best chance of doing this so it was a 2 way street.

Wiggins saying he will race for cav in Paris is not good enough in my view and London can go fudge itself, i shant be watching any of it anyway, but it can still go fudge itself.

I have actually ended up hoping wiggins does not win the tour such is my level of disgust for how they have treated the greatest sportsman to ever come from our shores. It is all very sad and depressing for me, think im going to hit the buffet in town and forget about how they have treated marky.

Evans had to change his bike three times in the space of a couple of kilometres.

Evans is a frog faced aussie ****, but yeah it was wrong to do that to him. The aussies have some stunning young cyclists coming through, better then us i think sadly. We have a couple of decent youngins.

This article sums up what i have been thinking
http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/07/bugno-declares-cavendish-a-disgrace-to-the-rainbow-stripes/?

someone needs to get in cavs head and tell him he has made a huge fudging mistake. I do not buy this whole argument about him getting thee world championship so he has to give up on stage victories it was team Britain that got him the worlds and not sky and frankly he was Britains best chance of doing this so it was a 2 way street.

Wiggins saying he will race for cav in Paris is not good enough in my view and London can go fudge itself, i shant be watching any of it anyway, but it can still go fudge itself.

I have actually ended up hoping wiggins does not win the tour such is my level of disgust for how they have treated the greatest sportsman to ever come from our shores. It is all very sad and depressing for me, think im going to hit the buffet in town and forget about how they have treated marky.

Look...he must be able to read? so the rosta at Sky was there for everyone to see when he signed on the dotted line. Wiggins crashed out last year, so this year they were gonna tune him to perfection for a charge at the GC (especially when this years route was revealed). How you wedge a multiple stage win/bash at the green jersey into that i dont know. Wiggins is a solid, own pace, hold them type of rider, he's not explosive so he is always going to need most of his men around him just incase he has a wonky moment.
Anyway with the fitness schedule Cav has been on he may not be such a sure bet in the sprint anyway. That said he's looking good in his new role of 'montagne domestique' :ross:

Joking! Maybe he's lined up to peak at the olympics.

Is it me or is Bradley Wiggins a complete prick? He made a comment today, said most people who go to watch the TDF are good people, but there's a minority of idiots. He also said the police should "send them to a football match or something." So he's had a dig at football and tennis in the last week.

What's the deal with those ridiculous sideburns btw?

It is just you

Back